Need help with PC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:11 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Oh, yea, hide your ****....

Old 06-21-2009, 11:43 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
^x2

Old 06-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brendo
i can give you a free helpdesk support call or two from microsoft. i've got the cards sitting in my office and can swing by lincoln square today and get them for your.

send me a pm with your contact info pls
The only problem is with spyware, you really need to be at the computer, doing a registry hack (needed to remove spyware) over the phone is never a good thing, one wrong move & you OS is gone.

Most of the programs out there don't really work 100% more like 60-70%.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
The only problem is with spyware, you really need to be at the computer, doing a registry hack (needed to remove spyware) over the phone is never a good thing, one wrong move & you OS is gone.

Most of the programs out there don't really work 100% more like 60-70%.
That's why most people run a few different programs. Most of the suggestions here have been pretty helpful. I'll give avenger a try, then contact that that offered assistance. Thanks again guys.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Sendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to all
James,
Feel free to PM or call me to. I've dealt with a couple of these with my brother and sister and am happy to try and help you out. If you need MS support call cards I can help with those too (Same goes for everyone, thats why they give them to us).

Old 06-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
THanks John.

BTWm Avenger looks way out of my league. I'm afraid I'd do more harm than good with it. If these other programs don't get rid of the problem, I'll seek someones help with it.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:06 PM
PoBExige is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
THanks John.

BTWm Avenger looks way out of my league. I'm afraid I'd do more harm than good with it. If these other programs don't get rid of the problem, I'll seek someones help with it.
It's very simple. There should be a text file included with the zip. Just copy what it tells you to, paste it into the field in the program, then hit execute.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:44 AM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
I already have malwarebytes installed but it won't open or scan anything. Same with spybot. Adaware installed at least but didn't find much. I did install the cleaner that's in the other post though.
I had that issue once, I had to rename the executable, and then it ran ok and got rid of the thing that was preventing it from running.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by mjf
I had that issue once, I had to rename the executable, and then it ran ok and got rid of the thing that was preventing it from running.
Cool. I'll try that.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by mjf
Thanks. That worked and it's running now......

Old 06-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Apple Sauce will become famous soon enough
Hi James,
Any ideas on how or what event caused your machine to be hit?

Old 06-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by PoBExige
http://swandog46.geekstogo.com/
Go to the tab 'The Avenger' at the top. Click on download.
So I went t the page and downloaded it. Malwarebytes picked it up as a trojan when I tried to run avenger.exe that was in the zip?????

Old 06-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by Apple Sauce
Hi James,
Any ideas on how or what event caused your machine to be hit?
One of the movie torrent sites I got a movie from was found with a trojan virus in it........It wasn't even a good movie either.

I've since given up on torrent sites. The free stuff isn't worth the hassle....

Old 06-23-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by PoBExige
It's very simple. There should be a text file included with the zip. Just copy what it tells you to, paste it into the field in the program, then hit execute.
There is no file included, just the .exe to run the program...........

Anyone have a script for this they'd like to share?

Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 PM
So it's finally fixed. I ended up paying norton's virus team to remote into my computer and fix it. Dude was fast too. Took about 10 minutes and he'd found it, killed it in the registry and updated everything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.