Need recommendation for trip to Bend, OR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 03:11 PM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
Need recommendation for trip to Bend, OR

Taking a short road trip down to Bend and would like some ideas on places to stay/see, etc. It doesn't need to be exactly in Bend, but somehwere nearby. I'm only down there for two days and Deschuttes Brewery is already on the list of things to see/do.

Also, if anyone has any ideas on things to see on the way down that would be sweet too.

Thanks!

Old 06-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Red Bogey is a jewel in the roughRed Bogey is a jewel in the roughRed Bogey is a jewel in the roughRed Bogey is a jewel in the rough
Recommend Sun River resort. Suncadia was modeled after this place. There's golf, pool's,biking, hiking,fishing etc. Great food & drink's at the lodge itself. There's a village there with various shop's and restuarants. Definetly try the ice cream soda place there.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:39 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
kids or no kids?
Steve's correct Sunriver is nice. Good resort but it's 20 minutes from Bend. Downtown isn't bad but I've never stayed anywhere but Sunriver, Bachelor Village and Inn at Seventh Mountain. Bachelor Village is closer to town then all. Most places I believe are a little outdated. Sunriver Resort has a lot of Great Homes in their rental pool but I don't know if they allow short stays. From 6 bedroom log homes down to 2 bedrooms. You can rent a nice place right now for probably pretty cheap. I've heard Bend really got hammered with real estate drops.

Pine Tavern has fantastic food as well. Deschutes Brewery has pretty good food and we all know the beer. Both are downtown Bend.

Golf is good with something like 30 courses near Bend. Broken Top just opened to the Public and is very fun. Bend Country Club is Fantastic if you can reciprocate from your local Country Club and Crosswater remains one of my favorite golf spots in Oregon. Both Sunriver golf courses are fun and have some challenge as well. Maybe you can get a package deal with a weekend home with a couple rounds of golf included.

Have fun.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:31 PM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the replies!

No kids are going on this trip!!!

Ever hear of The Riverhouse?

Also, it looks like there are a couple ways to get down there, any way more scenic than the other?

Thanks again!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:12 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Hahaha... PM me if you want me to set something up for the brewery. It's always a good time in Bend.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by StorminS4
Hahaha... PM me if you want me to set something up for the brewery. It's always a good time in Bend.

Definitely interested! It won't let me post PM's (not enough posts yet!!!). Are you a brewmeister or something?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
What route are you taking down? Not sure if you have the time to spare, but there are some nice roads between here and there but none are a fast as the freeway.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:01 PM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold
post more - its easy.....

then you can PM !

Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Bleu Omdurman
What route are you taking down? Not sure if you have the time to spare, but there are some nice roads between here and there but none are a fast as the freeway.

Not sure, is there one you recommend? I don't have one planned and I do have some time to kill so i could go slow routes if they are scenic, fun, etc.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by ivangene
post more - its easy.....

then you can PM !
True, one post closer to 15.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:03 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I work in the business. 7 more posts to go.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:05 AM
TWI
TWI has a spectacular aura aboutTWI has a spectacular aura about
If you are looking for something "funky" in downtown Bend, we had a great two day stay at the Old St. Francis School operated by McMenamis ( http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?...ion%20Homepage ). The place had a very good vibe to it.

We were in the middle of a 10 day motorcycle trip (from SFO up to Florence, over to Bend and the back down to SFO), so our expectations of luxury were likely diminished but the staff was friendly, the beer was good, the location was good and the oddball configuration (classrooms converted into hotel rooms, the Turkish bath, the movie theater) was a lot of fun.

Tal

Old 06-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Tal Isbell
If you are looking for something "funky" in downtown Bend, we had a great two day stay at the Old St. Francis School operated by McMenamis ( http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?...ion%20Homepage ). The place had a very good vibe to it.

We were in the middle of a 10 day motorcycle trip (from SFO up to Florence, over to Bend and the back down to SFO), so our expectations of luxury were likely diminished but the staff was friendly, the beer was good, the location was good and the oddball configuration (classrooms converted into hotel rooms, the Turkish bath, the movie theater) was a lot of fun.

Tal

Interesting...thanks!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:24 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Route Preference I don't really have. Over Mt Hood Hwy 26 is a nice drive that ends with basically a straight desert run into town. Fastest by far. I've done both Hwy 20 and Hwy 22 into Bend. Really the Hwy 20 is very Windy even better if taken all the way from Newport on the Oregon Coast but it truly isn't a fantastic drivers road. I wouldn't tell you to head down just for that road. Hwy 22 I believe follows a nice river up to a pretty cool damn. I think its the road in Oregon most like North Cascades Hwy 20 in Washington. It could be very slow driving depending on the time. You then roll through Sisters and Black Butte on the way into Bend. So scenic pass Mt Hood. River Valley Hwy 22.

Bring us all T-shirts from Deschuttes ( I wear a Large ) and try 3 glasses of Cask Obsidian Stout.....You'll be drunk for a few days

I'm in the Harbor as well so I can get my t-shirt very easily

Old 06-23-2009, 03:52 PM
BBR
BBR is on a distinguished road
Good afternoon Mike - Have you thought about Black Butte Ranch. WE have 36 holes of great mountain golf, a spa and a very relaxed atmosphere. We are only 8 miles north of Sisters and about 30 miles north of Bend. You should check us out at www.BlackButteRanch.com. Also if you are into local breweries, be sure to check out Three Sisters Brew Pub in Sisters. All the beer is made onsite and I highly recommend the Firestorm Red. Hope you have fun while in Central Oregon.

Cheers!

Katie Williams

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need recommendation for trip to Bend, OR