to tint or not to tint?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I am removing tint from my car -- anyone want to buy it?

:-)

Old 04-14-2010, 04:20 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^I've seen many cars rolling around that appear to have plastered on some wrinkly, used tint. ughhhh. Usually, it's purple'ish in color. lol!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:47 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cbzzoom
Is it possible to get a 50% tint or is 35% the lightest? I'd like a bit of anonymity, but I don't want to make my view from inside any darker.

Are the reflecting films any good? I've only seen really gross ones on beater hondas, but I think a tiny bit of reflection might do the trick.
Mine is pretty dark, but day time it looks the same before the windows were tinted. Only times I have issues at night is when I go to an area with no street lights and cant see everything..

Old 04-15-2010, 06:50 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
^^I've seen many cars rolling around that appear to have plastered on some wrinkly, used tint. ughhhh. Usually, it's purple'ish in color. lol!

Oh yes, make sure to get a good quality film and have it installed by a reputable shop.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:27 AM
mwy23 is a jewel in the roughmwy23 is a jewel in the roughmwy23 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mr2guysingh
Only times I have issues at night is when I go to an area with no street lights and cant see everything..
this is exactly what i wanted to avoid. 35% seems to be the right compromise.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:49 PM
grambo will become famous soon enoughgrambo will become famous soon enough
I know I'm going to be in the minority here...
People with tinted windows have been a pet peeve of mine ever since college when I commuted by bicycle and motorcycle. Tinted windows make it nearly impossible to make eye contact with a driver or see where they are looking, so it's hard to tell if they're going to cut you off or worse, drive right into you.

Plus I think it looks trashy. *puts on flame suit*

Old 04-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Procera is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by grambo
I know I'm going to be in the minority here...
People with tinted windows have been a pet peeve of mine ever since college when I commuted by bicycle and motorcycle. Tinted windows make it nearly impossible to make eye contact with a driver or see where they are looking, so it's hard to tell if they're going to cut you off or worse, drive right into you.

Plus I think it looks trashy. *puts on flame suit*

Old 04-19-2010, 03:23 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
20% all around, go for it.......

Old 04-19-2010, 03:25 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mwy23
this is exactly what i wanted to avoid. 35% seems to be the right compromise.
I'd love to see pics when you're all done!

My NSX has way too dark tint for my taste (20%? 15%? I have no idea what it is), so I agree with too much can be "overdone", but as with anything else it's a personal preference... lol, but it hasn't stopped me from driving it around... I guess mainly since I mostly drive it with the windows down and top off!

I'm extremely happy with my 35% on the S4. I would again recommend this amount for anyone who wants just the right amount and is worried about it being too dark.

Not sure about the whole bike vs eye contact, but that makes sense.... if you're riding a bike that is.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Vlad (white M6) had 5% all around and I think 35% on the front windshield. Couldnt even see him

Old 04-20-2010, 04:53 PM
leighspped is on a distinguished road
so at long last heres my S5 only mods is 50% tint front and 35% in the back hope it helps

Attached Images   
Old 04-20-2010, 11:11 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by leighspped
so at long last heres my S5 only mods is 50% tint front and 35% in the back hope it helps
I think that looks really good. I wonder how hard it is to remove tint and re-apply it. I'd like to put my NSX where I want it.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:02 AM
cozmo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I think that looks really good. I wonder how hard it is to remove tint and re-apply it. I'd like to put my NSX where I want it.
The tint itself is practically free, it is the labor that costs money. The tint shop will happily remove old tint for you before adding some new film. I'm sure they are really efficient at removing it too.

I have 35% on the 2 side windows and 50% on the angled rear glass, which I think is pretty good. Your 20% or whatever side windows are crazy dark.
I don't think it would've been too bad to do the rear glass 35% as well, I was just afraid i was going to mess up my visibility.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:42 PM
leighspped is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
there is a small air bubble on the rear which was hardly noticeable, they said they wouldn't charge for removal aslong as they were retinting.... i picked the cheapest option and just keep the air bubble and a discount on the tint and detail.
as to reapply used didn't i wouldn't dream of it, it basically plastic ur paying for someone else to put it on. i do think about some times how it would look if i had done 35% and 20% in the back but thats for another car i went liter because of the silver

Old 04-28-2010, 11:49 PM
mwy23 is a jewel in the roughmwy23 is a jewel in the roughmwy23 is a jewel in the rough
well here's 35% pinnacle film on my car. i like how turned out from the inside looking out, but outside looking in looks pretty light.

rear window straight through

rear window at a higher angle

Last edited by mwy23; 04-28-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: fixed broken picture links

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: to tint or not to tint?