Boxstergirlie's Spectre 341 Challenge/Virginia City Hillclimb Thread~

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
more Jody pics:

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-28-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Jody,
I'm finally catching up on everything from the weekend. I'm sorry to hear about Alexander. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

James

Old 06-28-2010, 02:14 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
It got hot in the helmet!

I did some modeling for Car & Driver Magazine

I even had the GTR Race Team's pitcrew working on my car! They are shipping the GTR down to New Zealand next~! They said that I should go as well. I wish!

This is them!

Thanks GTR race team!

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 06-28-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Jody - My thoughts and prayers are with Alex and his family and loved ones. This is a tragedy and should make us all appreciate life even more every day.

I strongly suggest everyone go home this evening and hug/kiss your loved ones and let everyone else know you are thinking of them as I will tonight.

RIP - Alex

Old 06-28-2010, 02:21 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !

The people of Virginia City were some of the nicest folks that you could meet. They welcomed us into their town with open arms. The law enforcement including the fire department were also very cool. They would give us the thumbs up when they'd drive by. They'd also root for you and cheer you on as you crossed the finish line.

Thank you to the people of Virginia City for making this trip a warm and welcome one.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Thank you all again for nominating me to represent you. I hope that I made you all very proud. This trip was a unique opportunity that I will hold in my heart forever. I will miss my friend, Alexander as I am sure many of you do. I have made some wonderful new friends along the way. I appreciate your thoughts and support for Alexander and his family.

I just wanted to be sure and give kudos to the Spectre' team for putting on this event. When any tragedy happens, there is always speculation about the event. I can assure you, as I was a participant there and it was my first hillclimb, that Spectre ran this event with emphasis on safety along with having fun. We took an RV tour up the road before we even took any practice runs. They went over all of the necessary information about the course and answered any questions we had and gave us great advice. They didn't just let us go up there and throw caution to the wind. They took the necessary precautions in warning us about the danger of this type of event from the past hillclimbs. This event was very well organized and run professionally. I just want to be sure that Spectre' gets the proper recognition and credit for this function. I would definately attend another Spectre function without any hesitation.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Mother will become famous soon enough
Got back on to see what I was missing over the weekend and did not plan for this shock RIP VR. Glad to see you are getting back in the saddle after the accident and am sure VR would have wanted it that way. Thank You for posting.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:39 PM
A few more pictures. The photographer in this picture is from Car & Driver. The person taking pictures of the photographer taking pictures of me was a Spectre' friend. Did that even make sense??

Old 06-28-2010, 02:54 PM
And last but not least, our friend, Alexander. We were entertaining ourselves while everyone was getting registered. These are some of the photos that I smile at every time I look at them. There was a camel in a field down below. Thank goodness the business was closed because Alexander and I were going to put our helmets on and try to ride the camel next!

Old 06-28-2010, 05:21 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
^^Amazing "final" photos of Alex. So fitting. So much life! RIP.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:41 AM
FullTiltWard is on a distinguished road
Jody,

I'm glad your experience there was a full and safe one. It sounds like you represented well.

The aftermath will eventually subside, I'm certain.

Godspeed.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:03 AM
Horhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to all
Originally Posted by silversurfer
^^Amazing "final" photos of Alex. So fitting. So much life! RIP.
Couldn't say it any better myself.

I'm glad you're back safely Jody.

Now that the event is over will you be removing the new stickers or will they stay?

Old 06-29-2010, 08:34 AM
IB Staff
Robb M. Is a GOD !Robb M. Is a GOD !Robb M. Is a GOD !Robb M. Is a GOD !Robb M. Is a GOD !Robb M. Is a GOD !Robb M. Is a GOD !Robb M. Is a GOD !Robb M. Is a GOD !Robb M. Is a GOD !Robb M. Is a GOD !
Jody, I have enjoyed the pics since last week. Very sorry about the tragedy that you all faced while there. RIP VR.

I have to say that it's pretty freakin awesome you had Steve Millen and his crew wrenching on your car!! You can call yours the first Stillen tuned Boxster now

Old 06-29-2010, 01:48 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
I will be watching for car and drive on the shelf, and you better sign mine!!! Thanks for taking the time to represent the NW I don’t think anyone could have done it better!

Old 06-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks so much for all of your kinds words and support you guys! This is the reason why I love 6speedonline and the members so much. We are a family here and the respect shown for one another is unsurpassed.

I am very proud to have represented 6speedonline and all of you. While I didn't make it in the "3:41" club, I made some awesome new friends, had some great experiences at the event, and learned a bunch!

Robb...Yes, sir! Having the GTR crew work on my car AWESOME! They approached me and talked to me about racing and about my car. They proceeded to tell me that they are shipping the GTR to New Zealand and said that I should go to. Wow! huh? Everyone at the event from the staff to the racers were absolutely amazing. I rubbed elbows with some great drivers!

Yep, I will definately be back in the saddle. I would never get out. You'd have to pry me and then I'd go kicking and screaming. I will be attending again next year with bells and whistles on. I will look forward to being able to place some flowers were Alexander had his accident and let him know that I'm back and I'm going to make him proud by racing on the same road that we shared again.

Thanks again everyone for all of your wonderful support for BG!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boxstergirlie's Spectre 341 Challenge/Virginia City Hillclimb Thread~