Slow leak in left rear tire - help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Slow leak in left rear tire - help please

Hi,

When I got the M5 back from the tire shop (Firestone in Mill Creek) they had told my wife, "the flat spot on the wheel was there when we got it" and that there would be a slow leak. Sure enough, there is a slow leak that sets off the TPMS about every 5 days or so. So that's about a pound of air a day. I've lived with it for a month or so and just keep it topped off.

I'd like to get this fixed. Any thoughts on how to do this? I've been fortunate enough to not have this problem before!

Thanks everyone.

Trevor

Old 10-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Go to Les Schwab. They will fix it for free. I had a screw in my tire recently and they took care of it, no charge.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:25 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Christiancoach
Go to Les Schwab. They will fix it for free. I had a screw in my tire recently and they took care of it, no charge.
Yes, Trevor, just get it plugged.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm.

I'm led to believe that the comment about the flat spot on the wheel, related to the part of the wheel that the tire would form a bead on (or in my case, not form a good bead). As such, it seems the tire has not correctly sealed on the wheel and the slow leak is at the wheel-tire mating point.

They can't plug that can they? Honestly, I don't know enough about this part of a car, maybe they can.

I'll give Mr Schwab a call and see what he can do.

One of the reasons I'm looking into this is that I have a free wheel repair coming my way as something I negotiated at PPL. Would the same guy that fixes blemishes/curb rash on a wheel, be able to fix this?

Old 10-17-2010, 09:03 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Gotcha. Forget about what I said. It sounds like you need the wheel to be repaired.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:44 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
take more hard charging left hand turns.......that'll keep it off the ground

Old 10-17-2010, 10:47 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
take more hard charging left hand turns.......that'll keep it off the ground
LMAO. M got it spot on. That's what I would have suggested as well.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:16 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
troll the m5 board for a new used wheel - by the time you f with it you will be glad to just replace the wheel and move on...

granted 1 wheel may be difficult to locate but in my former m5 days I sold 4 e39 front wheels 1 at a time.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
mdash is a glorious beacon of lightmdash is a glorious beacon of lightmdash is a glorious beacon of lightmdash is a glorious beacon of lightmdash is a glorious beacon of lightmdash is a glorious beacon of light
There is a mobile repair company, I believe it is called Alloy Wheel Repair. I've used them in the past for one of my factory BBS's on my STI. They did a good job.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:06 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Try the Wheel Wizard in Bellevue. He's somewhere behind the Crazy Ruskie's office off of Northup Way. He fixes that sort of thing.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:09 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Yup it's in the same complex, towards the back of the parking lot.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:02 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Try the Wheel Wizard in Bellevue. He's somewhere behind the Crazy Ruskie's office off of Northup Way. He fixes that sort of thing.
I think this is the same building as Precision Collision.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Yup, Steve DeBoer does excellent work.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:52 PM
grambo is infamous around these partsgrambo is infamous around these parts
Can they do welding and straightening?
I have a fuch that needs some work after an incompetant wheel straightener got carried away.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Sl33p3rS4 is infamous around these parts
I've also heard great things about Dependable Wheel in Renton.

http://www.dependablewheel.com/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Slow leak in left rear tire - help please