975rwhp 418ci+Turbo FD-RX7 and I Miss You Guys!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 10:57 PM
ablake211 is a jewel in the roughablake211 is a jewel in the roughablake211 is a jewel in the roughablake211 is a jewel in the rough
975rwhp 418ci+Turbo FD-RX7 and I Miss You Guys!

So a few years back I was stationed at Ft.Lewis and came to a bunch of Meets and RTC gatherings while I was around for a few months. I had a Blue M5 at the time. I finished my time with the Army(completed my degree while in) bought a home in Buffalo(where I am from) used the GiBill for my MBA and now work for General Mills leading production for a cereal plant.

Anyhow I really miss the car scene out there and the way you guys enjoyed the nice quality cars and hanging out with good people. It seems out here is almost only guys interested in street racing or drag racing neither of which I am interested in. Being as I worked in welding and fabrication when I was younger and love to build things I got to work on a project once I was all moved in and settled here and here it is!

Quick summary is

1993 RX7
418ci LS3 motor
Custom built turbo setup
Built T-56
Ford 8.8" IRS
Every suspension piece replaced, upgraded, refinished
Car painted
Underbody painted
Every suspension bit on the entire car powdercoated
Rewired from scratch

Anddddd it made 975rwhp on 17psi, wanted 1k+ but we were tight on time and I havent been back since

So I shared these in the photography section and will here as well. I finished it a few months ago but never had any finished pics so today a friend and I went and took a bunch. either of us really know what we are doing but he is having fun editing some. I will have more pics within the week for ya.

Lastly where would I put a build thread on this site?

Oh and enjoy!

Here are a few from my cell while waiting for more edited ones to come up. I should not that I asked for mix of natural and "over edited" looking pics. So expect a variety to come.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:41 AM
taywan is on a distinguished road
sick

Old 10-31-2011, 11:33 AM
flyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to behold
thats a Crazy sick build!

Old 11-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Wow, that is an incredible car! Hats off to you!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:39 PM
ablake211 is a jewel in the roughablake211 is a jewel in the roughablake211 is a jewel in the roughablake211 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks guys! It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun to build.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Peter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud of
Does it scare you when you put your foot down?

Old 11-03-2011, 01:01 AM
I have multiple boost settings and tunes. I typically roll around on 7-8psi which is around 700rwhp and that is pretty hairy on the street but manageable. I run a pretty long rear gear(3.27) which helps as well. I did some17psi runs one night from about a 70mph start and it was pretty wild.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:12 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Very cool. Thanks for sharing and congrads on your personal accomplishments.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks a bunch!

Few more pics

Old 11-06-2011, 06:27 PM
2112 is on a distinguished road
Wow,

Can you share the cliff's notes version on how you shoehorned that all in?

Any close up pics of the engine or underneath?

Old 11-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by 2112
Wow,

Can you share the cliff's notes version on how you shoehorned that all in?

Any close up pics of the engine or underneath?

Here is a decent build thread. Didn't keep up at times but you will get the idea.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-ind...rx7-build.html

Old 11-06-2011, 10:01 PM
2112 is on a distinguished road
I thought I was a glutton for punishment converting my boats from BBC to BB Fords.

That takes some serious commitment. wow.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by 2112
I thought I was a glutton for punishment converting my boats from BBC to BB Fords.

That takes some serious commitment. wow.
Thanks and it certainly was an outrageous amount of work toward the end. The hardest part was that I was making everything from scratch.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:42 PM
warmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nice
Originally Posted by ablake211
So a few years back I was stationed at Ft.Lewis and came to a bunch of Meets and RTC gatherings while I was around for a few months. I had a Blue M5 at the time. I finished my time with the Army(completed my degree while in) bought a home in Buffalo(where I am from) used the GiBill for my MBA and now work for General Mills leading production for a cereal plant.

Anyhow I really miss the car scene out there and the way you guys enjoyed the nice quality cars and hanging out with good people. It seems out here is almost only guys interested in street racing or drag racing neither of which I am interested in. Being as I worked in welding and fabrication when I was younger and love to build things I got to work on a project once I was all moved in and settled here and here it is!
first of all, your car is awesome!

I mean this in the nicest possible way; but if you're not into street racing or drag racing, whats the point of so much power? I mean unless you have tons of downforce (which you don't) thats why to much power for road racing... so you're not doing that either. I'm not trying to start **** or anything, genuinely interested what one does with a car with so much power if he doesn't race in any way...

Old 11-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by warmmilk
first of all, your car is awesome!

I mean this in the nicest possible way; but if you're not into street racing or drag racing, whats the point of so much power? I mean unless you have tons of downforce (which you don't) thats why to much power for road racing... so you're not doing that either. I'm not trying to start **** or anything, genuinely interested what one does with a car with so much power if he doesn't race in any way...
Fair questions.

I use the power and enjoy the car every time I drive it my tires can attest to that. It has this much power because that is what I wanted and it is what I enjoy when I take it out to cruise. The only thing street racing or drag racing would do is give that some type of comparative validation which I do not need. I know it is fast anytime I step on the pedal.

Anyone who spends as much time and effort undertaking a project of this magnitude better know really well what they want out of it at the end(for me a well built outrageously fast street car) or else it will end up like so many unfinished projects being sold by resentful owners.

The more simplified answer is I enjoy it myself anytime I drive it. Which is why we should have these toys to begin with IMO. Also am not saying I would never drag race it. But that my primary purpose and enjoyment is using it as a fun summer street car.

Last edited by ablake211; 11-20-2011 at 01:56 PM.