Where to get my CTS-V tuned?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 02:17 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Where to get my CTS-V tuned?

Motoring Unlimited? I put a simple intake on it and I'm already throwing codes... codes that I'm not supposed to be throwing. I can't imagine the headers are going to help things. Lean bank 1 and 2.

Anyone specialize on these things?

Old 01-27-2012, 03:22 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
LOL! You picked up a CTS-V? When!?! Jesus....that thing is a monster! Give MU a shot..maybe they'll be able to help you.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:39 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I had great luck with mail-order tunes when I had a Magnuson-supercharged '05 CTS-V. A guy named "Stealth-V" on the Cadillacforums.com boards. Not sure if he's still around but I know there are many tuners over there on those boards for the new CTS-V.

Otherwise, MU is where my EVT700 goes...

Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Thanks guys, I go there for everything else... go figure they know CTS-V's as well! lol... they're the ones who'll be putting the headers on.

I had to get something that was more kid-friendly!

Old 01-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Turbo GT is a jewel in the roughTurbo GT is a jewel in the roughTurbo GT is a jewel in the roughTurbo GT is a jewel in the rough
I have had good luck with Unichip - can use your laptop to program it - pm or call me if i can help -360-340-1581 Alex

Old 02-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Turbo GT
I have had good luck with Unichip - can use your laptop to program it - pm or call me if i can help -360-340-1581 Alex
Thanks... turned out to be an installation issue.. someone (me) didn't tighten down some clamps properly. Whoopsie. I got it all figured out, and will see what happens after MU installs my headers in a few months.

They say you don't need a tune for that yet either, but when I change the SC pulley out I'll definitely need to do something.

Good to see ya at Metro Jason!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 PM
EricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to beholdEricR is a splendid one to behold
The CTS-V is virtually the same as the LS9 in the ZR1 and the upcoming ZL1 Camaro. I highly recommend that you consider Wong Performance Engineering in Vancouver with modding your car. He is the premier PNW expert with LS based engines. He is highly respected on the Corvette Forum, LS1Tech Forum and LSXNation Forum. But the rep is there and he probably would become a supporter if this gets out. PM me if you cannot find contact info or want more information on him.

Last edited by EricR; 02-02-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by EricR
The CTS-V is virtually the same as the LS9 in the ZR1 and the upcoming ZL1 Camaro. I highly recommend that you consider Wong Performance Engineering in Vancouver with modding your car. He is the premier PNW expert with LS based engines. He is highly respected on the Corvette Forum, LS1Tech Forum and LSXNation Forum. But the rep is there and he probably would become a supporter if this gets out. PM me if you cannot find contact info or want more information on him.
Thanks! The more options, the better! Appreciate it.

In at metro getting some "fun" added.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:39 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Bird poop is gone!

Thought you were going with white stripes? Did you change to gold/bronze instead so it'd be more visible?

Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Bird poop is gone!

Thought you were going with white stripes? Did you change to gold/bronze instead so it'd be more visible?

The white looked "crappy"

I'm going to continue the bronze theme to the calipers and a few things on the interior.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:27 PM
flyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to behold
I saw that beast at alki today. Great looking V.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by flyingcesar
I saw that beast at alki today. Great looking V.
Thanks!!!

Old 02-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Antroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant future
Ah, so you're the owner parking this beast at Alki and the Alaska Junction. I love seeing this car, if I were to pick a CTS-V, this is exactly how I'd get it - white wagon with black wheels. So hot.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Antroiny
Ah, so you're the owner parking this beast at Alki and the Alaska Junction. I love seeing this car, if I were to pick a CTS-V, this is exactly how I'd get it - white wagon with black wheels. So hot.
Thanks! Yeah, I live on Alki... so I'm in the junction/west seattle daily (work a bit south of there).

I miss my Porsche, but the V moves the kids around a lot easier.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:46 PM
You sold the Porsche?!?!? Agghhhhhh! Bummer...I guess it's time to change your avatar then.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where to get my CTS-V tuned?