Local owner drives/meetings?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 08:35 AM
WolfOfHamburg is on a distinguished road
Local owner drives/meetings?

Hi all,

I'm brand new here. I recently went back to my German roots (I'm from Hamburg, Germany) buying my first Porsche. I've been driving fun cars for a bit, and am used to meet other local drivers for fun drives, or just coffee & conversation. To my surprise, I didn't see any of that for Porsche yet (except the official, and paid, Porsche Club).

My last car was a Jaguar XKR, and I had lots of fun driving with other Jag owners all over WA, and even OR, or CAN. I made some good friends, and fortunately they don't mind a German in the midst of a bunch of Brits.
But of course it would be nice to organize something like this with other Porsche drivers (or other German brands) too.

So, did I just miss that info somewhere, is there another forum/place?

Happy driving!

Last edited by WolfOfHamburg; 01-06-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:10 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Check out "Exotics at Redmond Town Center" when the weather gets better. Watch for updates in this forum as well as http://www.exoticsat.com/

Old 01-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by yvr
Check out "Exotics at Redmond Town Center" when the weather gets better. Watch for updates in this forum as well as http://www.exoticsat.com/
Thanks, I do know that event, in fact, I showed my XKR there before. Good event, but I was looking for actual driving events. With the Jag group we get together, plan a day trip, take our walkie-talkies and go for it. It's fun.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
PCA's Pacific Northwest Region does a number of tours/drives and other similar events each year. Also Porsche oriented technical events/seminars, dinner and other social meeting, driver education, auto X and possibly rallies. They have something almost every weekend.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Snowczar
PCA's Pacific Northwest Region does a number of tours/drives and other similar events each year. Also Porsche oriented technical events/seminars, dinner and other social meeting, driver education, auto X and possibly rallies. They have something almost every weekend.
Thanks! I guess I'll just join PCA and see how that goes. I'm not a big "Club" guy, so I thought there might be something less formal. Cheers!

Old 01-08-2014, 02:19 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Try Pelican Parts.com forum. You'll find a Pacific Northwest section that caters to the Porsche folks. They have a weekly Wednesday get together for dinner and beer and a monthly second Saturday breakfast. Short drives may happen when the weather gets better. Longer drives also may be planned as desired.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Try Pelican Parts.com forum. You'll find a Pacific Northwest section that caters to the Porsche folks. They have a weekly Wednesday get together for dinner and beer and a monthly second Saturday breakfast. Short drives may happen when the weather gets better. Longer drives also may be planned as desired.
Hey thanks! This looks like what I was looking for!

Old 01-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Former Vendor
MAXRPM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMAXRPM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMAXRPM1 has a spectacular aura about
Welcome aboard!!

Old 02-20-2014, 02:57 PM
bal
bal is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Thanks for that. I will check it out!

Old 02-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
There is a also a group doing informal tours almost every month out of the Bellingham area. Check out, in the 991 Forum, the event is posted by "Trysixty" in that forum. This month's cancelled due to the snow but there will be a March one.