Email From Barrier Re: Front License Plates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 09:40 PM
JAS997 is on a distinguished road
Try this guy, Rolf Sturmberger <sturmberger_r@msn.com. I got mine from him,
e-mail him with the needed info. Quick and reasonable for a tow hook installation
set up, good quality and the price is right, like forty bucks or so.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:01 AM
Procera is on a distinguished road
Did a Redmond police officer actually stop by Barrier just to tell them this? I wonder...

Old 06-02-2014, 02:29 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Agreed, not worth the hassle, I hate to give a reason to get pulled over... I wonder having the front license plate really gives a great benefit to officers... well, maybe they need to consult with Pennsylvania folks, they have been running businesses w/o having to require the front license plate.
Would save some serious $$$ by cutting the price 1/2 for only requiring the rear plate IMHO.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:23 AM
blakecam will become famous soon enoughblakecam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pcst
Would save some serious $$$ by cutting the price 1/2 for only requiring the rear plate IMHO.
As we all know, the government does not typically care about saving money. If WA cut license plate output by 1/2, what would the prisons do about the lost revenue? (As Richard Pryor once said, "I'm a license plate pressing mother-f***** )

Old 06-04-2014, 03:26 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
Decal Licensing Plate

I had a decal made after scanning my plate - no issues from that at all, even after a few traffic stops for, ahem, other reasons

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	911 Waverly Park.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	382703  
Old 06-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Scanned "decals" are definitely not legal in British Columbia but they sometimes turn a blind eye. Cops are more concerned with windows that are tinted to dark. However one of our PCA members got stopped and ticketed for the windows. Shortly later got stopped again for the windows again (a few minutes). When he indicated he'd just got a ticket for the windows the cop was polite. Wrote him up for no front plate instead (it might have been the other way 'round).

Old 06-05-2014, 04:56 PM
New991S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brendo
I had a decal made after scanning my plate - no issues from that at all, even after a few traffic stops for, ahem, other reasons
That looks good and is definitely better than drilling holes in the bumper. Could I ask where you got it done. Can't use the tow hook plate holder as my car has park sensor. Thx

Old 06-09-2014, 12:13 AM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
The petition thing has been tried several time before. The WSP is vehemently against doing away with the front plate citing safety and law enforcement "needs". The DOL would love to do away with them.