Email From Barrier Re: Front License Plates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 10:29 PM
blakecam will become famous soon enoughblakecam will become famous soon enough
Email From Barrier Re: Front License Plates

I received this email from Barrier Porsche/Audi today:

"Recently a representative of the Redmond Police Department stopped by to let us know that Bellevue, Redmond, Snohomish, and Kirkland police departments will no longer be flexible regarding vehicles without the front license plate installed. Currently, Washington State law requires license plates to be prominently displayed on the front and rear of all vehicles. While this law has been in place since 2011, it has not, until now, been strictly enforced.

As part of Barrier Audi's commitment to do more for our customers, we wish to make sure that all our customers are aware of the importance of the front license plate. From this point forward, if your vehicle does not have a front plate you will receive a $124 ticket.

If you do not currently have a license mounted on the front of your vehicle, or if your vehicle lacks the hardware to mount a front license plate, stop in to Barrier Audi and we'll install or mount your license plate for no additional charge when you purchase your mounting hardware from us.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us."

Old 03-26-2014, 07:55 AM
bal
bal is on a distinguished road
I'm surprised that it's taking this long given said police departments' propensity for issuing tickets for doing 39 in a 35...

Old 03-26-2014, 10:01 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
I got a ticket in Issaquah in my NSX about 5 years ago leaving a XXX Root beer event... been running front plates ever since. Just not worth it.... and now this.

I don't know why we can't get this law thrown out, such a waste of money.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:25 AM
bal
bal is on a distinguished road
Any recommendations for tow hook mounted plate brackets?

Old 03-26-2014, 10:44 AM
GOBEX is a jewel in the roughGOBEX is a jewel in the roughGOBEX is a jewel in the rough
I have one from US Mill Works, http://www.usmillworks.com/
Local company, actually purchased it from Porsche in Fife, they had numerous in stock.
Been happy with it, nice design and good finish.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:10 PM
I purchased this tow hook mount from a company in Kent, WA. I am happy with the quality and fit.
http://gominigo.com/Porsche.html

Old 03-27-2014, 02:56 PM
New991S is on a distinguished road
I have parking sensors - the tow hook mount will likely interfere with the sensors. Any other suggestion?

Old 03-27-2014, 03:26 PM
There is Skene mount, but it requires drilling holes in the underside of the bumper. It does, however, save scarring the visible face of the bumper.

http://www.skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml

Old 03-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Second the Skene mount.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:02 PM
aquarian is on a distinguished road
Looks like a marketing strategy from Barrier. lol.

Originally Posted by blakecam

"Recently a representative of the Redmond Police Department stopped by to let us know that Bellevue, Redmond, Snohomish, and Kirkland police departments will no longer be flexible regarding vehicles without the front license plate installed. Currently, Washington State law requires license plates to be prominently displayed on the front and rear of all vehicles. While this law has been in place since 2011, it has not, until now, been strictly enforced.

As part of Barrier Audi's commitment to do more for our customers, we wish to make sure that all our customers are aware of the importance of the front license plate. From this point forward, if your vehicle does not have a front plate you will receive a $124 ticket.

If you do not currently have a license mounted on the front of your vehicle, or if your vehicle lacks the hardware to mount a front license plate, stop in to Barrier Audi and we'll install or mount your license plate for no additional charge when you purchase your mounting hardware from us.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:07 AM
New991S is on a distinguished road
Was driving around Seattle and the Eastside over the weekend - saw a lot of Tesla and BMW's - all without front license plates!

Old 04-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by New991S
Was driving around Seattle and the Eastside over the weekend - saw a lot of Tesla and BMW's - all without front license plates!
A few years ago, I forgot to put the new year sticker on my back license plate. Drove for eight months with expired tag before I finally got pulled over. I had the sticker paper clipped to my registration in the glove box. Cop laughed and told me to stick it on while he watched. Told me to have a great day and let me go.

I'm sure a lot of us can risk it and go without a front license plate, but it's just a matter of time before we get caught. Days, months, years, who knows? If Eastside cops have decided to make this a point of emphasis, it's not worth it for me to risk it. I decided to get the tow hook mount, just for peace of mind, if nothing else. I can easily remove it, and the bumper is back to new.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:03 PM
RSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud of
MowerAxel.com has them for many VAG not sure about porsche though. I do know if you don't see yours listed they still might have them if you call. This was my case. I love mine...
Hope this helps...

Originally Posted by bal
Any recommendations for tow hook mounted plate brackets?

Old 05-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blakecam

If this is true, it is another brilliant way to foster "good will" between car enthusiasts and law enforcement. Maybe its another way to help pay for the multitude of kick-backs and corruption that is beginning to plague local governments and their cronies entrusted with a badge & a gun. Typical of the liberal minded absolute police state infesting this region and every other like a cancer.

No worries... We will all now obey the this lame, unwarranted, idiotic law because we are sheep. No body will ever fight this stupid law. Ever.

Its for the greater good that we adhere to THE LAW. Do it. Do it for the children. Do it for safety. Do it for your country. Whatever the h*** that is anymore...

Whats next, insurance & taxation by the mile? Never mind...

Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 PM
RSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud ofRSSix has much to be proud of
Revenue getter laws

I couldn't agree more about the corruption and laws that do nothing but create revenue for the corrupt. If you feel like getting involved and making a change. start a petition to get the law changed. Here is a website where you can get started. http://www.change.org/petition

Send the petition my way I'll sign it..
T

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Email From Barrier Re: Front License Plates