Recommendations for maintenance work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
Recommendations for maintenance work

Hey guys

Located in Cliffside Park. Currently have an 03 m3 that I do all the work on by myself. Recently acquired a 2001 Carrera 4 - meaning I gave my parents a big cheque and I pay insurance for it now

Anyways, the car has been sitting for 2 years. Been used every other month or so, so it needs some serious TLC.

Gonna repaint the rear bumper as it was nudged, the rear MA Shaw GT3 MK1 wing, and possibly the front bumper and the aero lip. So I need a shop that can correctly paint match Arctic Silver.

Next, the oil, diff fluid, and tranny fluid. Needs to be flushed. I would prefer to buy the parts and just pay for labor- where is the best place to buy the fluids and filters? Online, or just call around local dealers and get the best price?

Lastly, suspension. Planning on doing a PSS9 coilover set up. I want to buy camber plates (maybe) and have it installed. I did the work on the M3 myself, but I am not comfortable on the porsche --- if the price is too high i will attempt it myself. I was quoted $550 by Auto Talents in LA, but I live in NJ, so I need a shop that can do the install properly for that price or less. I know how good Auto Talent is, so I don't need any lectures on you pay for what you get.

Help me out. Thanks guys

Old 03-07-2008, 09:23 PM
paul w. is on a distinguished road
Ron at Forest Hills Exotics. His work is top notch.

Contact information:
Phone# 973-429-9687
E-mail: ron@foresthillexoticperformance.com
Website - http://foresthillexoticperformance.com/

Old 03-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Former Vendor
Dtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the roughDtlng. Dynamics is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by paul w.
Ron at Forest Hills Exotics. His work is top notch.

Contact information:
Phone# 973-429-9687
E-mail: ron@foresthillexoticperformance.com
Website - http://foresthillexoticperformance.com/
Ditto! Ron's very knowledgeable, gets his hands dirty and a great guy to boot.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:10 AM
911TURBO996 is on a distinguished road
I am in Cliffside Park too and have a 2003 Porsche 911 Turbo, let me know if you would like to meet to get to know and exchange information...

Old 06-15-2011, 07:27 AM
911TURBO996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 911TURBO996
I am in Cliffside Park too and have a 2003 Porsche 911 Turbo, let me know if you would like to meet to get to know and exchange information...

Old 06-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
For the body shop, stop by Final Touch Collision 6116 Broadway in West New York and speak to Rob (201) 854-3474. Stand up guy and he's done work on some member's cars on 6speed.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rthern-nj.html

As for parts, you can order online, i.e. suncoast. I've used Bob @ Stable Energies in Garfield. He does suspension set up as well. I just had a tire change and wheel alignment done there.

Bergen imports is local to CP, been around for a long time and they do good work. They might be a little pricey if your just buying parts. I consider them a break fix place, not so much a race shop.

Also a lot of place do like like to do work on cars when customers supply their own parts. Wether it be for liability reasons or what ever.
Originally Posted by Pistol
Hey guys

Located in Cliffside Park. Currently have an 03 m3 that I do all the work on by myself. Recently acquired a 2001 Carrera 4 - meaning I gave my parents a big cheque and I pay insurance for it now

Anyways, the car has been sitting for 2 years. Been used every other month or so, so it needs some serious TLC.

Gonna repaint the rear bumper as it was nudged, the rear MA Shaw GT3 MK1 wing, and possibly the front bumper and the aero lip. So I need a shop that can correctly paint match Arctic Silver.

Next, the oil, diff fluid, and tranny fluid. Needs to be flushed. I would prefer to buy the parts and just pay for labor- where is the best place to buy the fluids and filters? Online, or just call around local dealers and get the best price?

Lastly, suspension. Planning on doing a PSS9 coilover set up. I want to buy camber plates (maybe) and have it installed. I did the work on the M3 myself, but I am not comfortable on the porsche --- if the price is too high i will attempt it myself. I was quoted $550 by Auto Talents in LA, but I live in NJ, so I need a shop that can do the install properly for that price or less. I know how good Auto Talent is, so I don't need any lectures on you pay for what you get.

Help me out. Thanks guys

Old 06-16-2011, 06:30 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
I plan to use a buddy of mine in NY that used to be a porsche tech before he opened his own place. It's small, but he knows his stuff. If you are interested, let me know and I'll give you his info.