Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

need help picking out a range rover...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:41 PM
keyser_soze has a spectacular aura aboutkeyser_soze has a spectacular aura about
bumping this thread...I'm considering to get one as a DD at first I was looking at 08/09 used Sport Supercharged but now thinking either buy or lease a new Sport NA 2010. My thinking is the 2010 Sport NA is almost as powerful as the 09 Supercharged (honestly don't care much about the HP on the SUV that I will DD); and it is newer and has more warranty etc.

I guess my delima is to buy (finance) or lease it...payments are only $100.00 or different so I'm leaning toward purchase...

I bought past cars new and after I thought I prob should have gone used and save some $ but on this car not sure my gut feeling is I'll be happier with the new especially if i get a used and end up having issues with it and having to spend big $ on repairs.

Anyone with experiences here can comment I appreciate it.

Thanks

Old 02-08-2010, 05:36 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Why don't you buy a new used 2010 or a demo. You should be able to get a decent deal and still have plenty of warranty. Maybe CPO would extend warranty past the expiry date of new one. Just a thought, unless you have negotiated a killer deal on a new one.

There seem to be plenty of sports piling up at the dealers here.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:17 AM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
I just bought an 06 LR3 HSE And after buying it drove 1484 miles in snow, freezing rain, slush, and black ice. I have never been so impressed with a vehicle. It was factory certified so they extended the warranty, but I did purchase the 100,000 mile addition that incudes full wear and tear with zero deductable. I too was concerned about reliability and researched it hard. As people have said the LR3s seem to have no issues other than the 05s software glitches and a fuel tank issue.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:38 PM
ET7
ET7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by airflite1
I just bought an 06 LR3 HSE And after buying it drove 1484 miles in snow, freezing rain, slush, and black ice. I have never been so impressed with a vehicle. It was factory certified so they extended the warranty, but I did purchase the 100,000 mile addition that incudes full wear and tear with zero deductable. I too was concerned about reliability and researched it hard. As people have said the LR3s seem to have no issues other than the 05s software glitches and a fuel tank issue.
0 deductible? I just called today...3 yrs, 36k miles for 4,086 with 250 deductible...wtf...are different dealers diff prices?

Old 02-11-2010, 03:56 AM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ET7
0 deductible? I just called today...3 yrs, 36k miles for 4,086 with 250 deductible...wtf...are different dealers diff prices?
I just pulled out my service contract so you can ask the dealer about it. It was purchases through the Boise dealer, the coverage is from National Warranty Corp. It's 48 months and an additional 60000 miles. It's the premium plus coverage plan with additional coverage for wear and tear. 0 deductable for $2376. Hope that helps...

Old 02-11-2010, 09:35 AM
ET7
I just pulled out my service contract so you can ask the dealer about it. It was purchases through the Boise dealer, the coverage is from National Warranty Corp. It's 48 months and an additional 60000 miles. It's the premium plus coverage plan with additional coverage for wear and tear. 0 deductable for $2376. Hope that helps...
Wow serious? what a steal dude thats awesome price.

wait so you got it from a land rover dealership? What does it cover?

Old 02-11-2010, 04:05 PM
When I bought the LR3 they told me about the additional warranty with it being CPO. But for the additional amount I could get it extended to almost 100,000 miles. Reading the contract it covers everything but tires unless there was an alignment issue. Since I was nervous about reliability it seemed like a good deal, and it's transferable.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:00 PM
ET7
When I bought the LR3 they told me about the additional warranty with it being CPO. But for the additional amount I could get it extended to almost 100,000 miles. Reading the contract it covers everything but tires unless there was an alignment issue. Since I was nervous about reliability it seemed like a good deal, and it's transferable.
So it was from the land rover dealer?

Old 02-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by ET7
So it was from the land rover dealer?
Yes.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:24 AM
ET7
Damn I wonder why the offer they gave me was so ****ty.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:11 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
My parents have driven two Range Rovers for the last 11 years... '99 SE for 120k miles and the '04 is just about to hit 80k. Other than minor problems, the cars are indestructible.

Just this week we got over 5 ft of snow, and our driveway configuration is such that it cannot be plowed (it's also 250 yds with two steep inclines)... the RR got out without hesitation.

Being a 2004, it's all BMW. I can't comment on the '06+ but I can definitely chalk one up to the pre-facelift MKIII.

I LOVE Range Rovers-- see no need to daily anything else. That being said G500's seem even more robust, which piques my interest. I plan on getting one of the two before next winter hits. Hope that's a testament to Range Rover sovereignty via experience.

-Joe

Old 02-21-2010, 11:06 PM
keyser_soze has a spectacular aura aboutkeyser_soze has a spectacular aura about
i ended up going with a new 2010 NA white/black (buy)- i just picked it up few hours ago from the dealer...so far so good and i'm happy...hope i can say the same thing later on...i'm sure i'll be back here with more questions...and will report back with my impressions....

Old 02-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Surfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by keyser_soze
i ended up going with a new 2010 NA white/black (buy)- i just picked it up few hours ago from the dealer...so far so good and i'm happy...hope i can say the same thing later on...i'm sure i'll be back here with more questions...and will report back with my impressions....
How do you like the new engine? Friend has a SC Sport and pry going to trade it in on a new one, said he loved the new 5.0.