Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

Xkr175

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 05:31 PM
CHAOS236 will become famous soon enoughCHAOS236 will become famous soon enough
Seats are great !

Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Pugman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BRETT0429
How's the feel of steering wheel and the gas pedal heard it's a little weak also not to pry are u a big guy I'm 5'8" 200 a little worried about the bolster in the long run
Thanks
Brett
I'm 6'2" and about 220 and I fit just fine. Are you worried about the side bolsters or the seat bottom? The sides are adjustable. The seat bottom shouldn't be a problem unless you are built like a Kardashian.
Initially, I thought the steering effort was too light, but I've grown to like it. It's much better than all of the MBs I've owned, which seem to combine higher-effort with very little road feel. But the Jag is not Lexus-numb, either. The ride and steering seem perfect for what the cars is meant to be. It truly excels at long-distance driving, while still being fun enough in the twisties.

I don't know what you mean about the gas pedal. In dynamic mode and the drive selector in "sport," the throttle is veeeeery sensitive: you need a very delicate foot in high-traffic situations. In normal mode it is easier to modulate (but not as much fun).

Old 11-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Great thread fellows please allow me to join in.

I drove a black 2011 XKR convertable new on the show room and wow what a car. My daughter wanted me to drive the new Chevy Camaro(aka Bumble Bee) and I was anxious to feel what 400+ hp was like. WEAK!!!!!!

Now the 510hp Jag was strong and sexy sounding. I thought the ride was luxurious and firm and the wind buffeting was much less than the MB 550SL with the top down. I liked the ride much better than the Porsche 911S.

I wished the seat went back another 1/2 inch before the back started tilting back up. I like to lay back a bit and have long arms and legs. It was well padded and the bolstering was not to tight. The Porsche was.

My local mechanic almost threw a b---h fit when I even mentioned Jag. He hates them and rambled on about reliability and Ford, which he hates even worse. For some reason that did not scare me off.

As I posted on another thread here the Jag did make second choice but not by much. I ended up with a nice used Bentley Continental GTC. Oh well I still love the Jag. Go Cats!

Two additional remarks they offered the car for 94K when sticker was 103. I could not buy the XKR-S in that blue color.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 11-22-2011 at 02:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.