Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Nsx reliability?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:16 AM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
In my humble opinion, NSX's are THE BEST CAR INVESTMENT period in this down turn economy that we are all forced to live in right now.

No other car can make the claims that the NSX can for any model year!

Older ones are quite reliable if you take good care of them and no matter how pricey a timing belt may cost for the NSX, it still is cheaper than any AMG car in comparo to fix. I told my buddy to buy an NSX *he's looking at sl55 that are out of warranty.

I have had zero problems with mine but then again mine is a 2004 with only 9k miles

rk

Old 01-13-2009, 08:54 PM
herzog racing is on a distinguished road
Old 01-14-2009, 01:07 AM
KhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by herzog racing

Not really. That guy got raped, no other way to put it. Take a look around that site for what 99% of the people pay for service(much less).

Old 01-19-2009, 07:29 AM
FaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to beholdFaFaSupra is a splendid one to behold
I have owned a few NSX's. They are great cars. They handle like mad and their motors are works of art. They can be more expensive than other japanese sports cars, but that is expected. If you plan to keep it fairly stock except minimal upgrades, it will serve you well. The minute you start adding hp to the chassis, you'll go downhill guick. The chassis was not meant for lots of hp. I had friends to turboed and supercharged their cars and they broke driveshafts, and other parts and the body would flex to much causing lots of the damage. Keep it fairly close to stock and you will love it. I do not think I have ever been in a better handling japanese car. My late model supra has gobs of power and in a straight line I can smash any NSX, but when the road curves, my old NSX would have had me for lunch. I actually miss the last one I had and am considering one right now. Not gonna get rid of my supra though. .

Old 01-19-2009, 02:12 PM
StiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud ofStiRulz has much to be proud of
NSX's are nice looking. Never been in one, but they call it the Japanese Ferrari, except it's reliable

I remember seeing someone convert one over to look like an F40. what an idiot. He turned a nice high end sports car into a kit car.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:56 PM
01blacks4 will become famous soon enough
BS....i am running almsot 700 HP to the wheels and whil i have tore up a drive shaft i was really wailing on it.....

i ran it for years at 500 plus with no issues...and none now except for the one drive shaft....and i eat up most supras in a straight line....

oh BTW it will be on the cover of modified next month

Old 01-25-2009, 01:43 AM
KhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 01blacks4
BS....i am running almsot 700 HP to the wheels and whil i have tore up a drive shaft i was really wailing on it.....

i ran it for years at 500 plus with no issues...and none now except for the one drive shaft....and i eat up most supras in a straight line....

oh BTW it will be on the cover of modified next month

I meant to reply to this thread and the "chassis" rumors as well.. it's BS. That was all hype and rumors(in the far past) which never showed any evidence other then here say and rumors. I've built a 600+hp(584whp) targa car for a customer and there are no issues with chassis flex at all. There are a few very high hp cars with no issues and I personally plan to hit numbers not yet hit yet by an NSX and am not worried about the chassis at all.

Last edited by KhanNSX; 01-25-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:17 PM
well I will be hopefully shopping around for one in spring if my investments go right.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:07 AM
jpdrain is on a distinguished road
Prime has more NSX's for sale at the moment then I have seen in a while...anybody thinking about jumping in?

Old 02-17-2009, 12:34 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jpdrain
Prime has more NSX's for sale at the moment then I have seen in a while...anybody thinking about jumping in?
It's a great time to buy for sure. The deals that can be had are pretty amazing.

There are still some high priced cars, but if you look around a little, you can walk away VERY happy.

I got an excellent deal on my '03, but I had to take a little hit on my '91...I consider it a wash. lol

Old 02-18-2009, 08:48 AM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
I'm currently looking for a preface lift one (NA2) but price range is almost same as 02+ models.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by locus
I'm currently looking for a preface lift one (NA2) but price range is almost same as 02+ models.
x2 the face lift is quite a bit

Old 02-20-2009, 12:30 PM
jpdrain is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by herzog racing
x2 the face lift is quite a bit
Yeah, it seems that still is trying to keep a premium...I think that even may not hold up in this market. Any thoughts ?

Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 AM
2rsky is on a distinguished road
The NSX is a great car to own. Handling is Great. No vibration at high speeds (145 mph and up) It almost seems like your driving slower than you really are, which got me a speeding ticket. The looks are still exotic and many people's heads turn at my stock one still. The only draw back that I can say is the lack of power. I have run my car against a (barely modded) Z28 and I beat him. But if the NSX did have another 100 hp it would be pretty dominant.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:56 PM
usafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 2rsky
The NSX is a great car to own. Handling is Great. No vibration at high speeds (145 mph and up) It almost seems like your driving slower than you really are, which got me a speeding ticket. The looks are still exotic and many people's heads turn at my stock one still. The only draw back that I can say is the lack of power. I have run my car against a (barely modded) Z28 and I beat him. But if the NSX did have another 100 hp it would be pretty dominant.
+1 on the speeding ticket.