Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

My Latest Track Car Build...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
So we're getting ready to do some "upgrades" on the project in preparation for the 2012 season...

Fast EFI XFi2 fuel injection system and traction control

CCW Custom wheels to offset the expected increase in traction required.

Carbon Fiber fender flares (1 inch larger front and 2 inches larger rear).

Sectioned front suspension strut housings to drop the front spindles 2 inches for more adjustability.

We hope to have this car fully shaken down and start the chase for exceptionally fast laptimes very early in this coming season...

Mike

Old 12-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I'm guilty of theft... I stole all four CCW wheels off Jim's Zcar... I couldn't help it... I couldn't look at my car with those beautiful, but empty fender wells...

Really Digging these CCWs...
Mike

Old 12-19-2011, 01:26 PM

Mike

Old 12-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Grantsfo will become famous soon enough
Very nice. Didnt see this post until today. That looks like an awesome car. Bet it would be a great hillclimb car too.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:44 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Love the car. Been an early Zcar fan since a kid in the 70's. Ever thought of molding fender flares into the cars body for a cleaner aero instead of the bolt ins? They look great don't get me wrong but since it's straight track I'd imagine molded in fenders would be more aerodynamic.

Btw any low down 3/4 rear shots? With those wheels and stance it would be killer.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks guys!

The bolt on flares are just easier to work with, and honestly I don't think the air flow would be a huge issue on these flares over "smooth" flares. I'll have to go back and check the tests we ran in Aerodyn2's wind tunnel, but I seriously doubt the effort would be worth the minimal benefit.

Don't think we have any low down 3/4 rear shots yet... I'll remember to take some the next time I pull it out of the shop.

Mike

Old 06-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Some Major upgrades since the last post...

From last weekend at the track!

Mike

Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 AM
HowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these parts
Sweet!

You know what comes next?........

Video!!!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 PM
PowerSlide is on a distinguished road
I see you changed your rear wing. The aero topic is interesting. Once upon a time, I owned a 72 240Z with an 82 280zxt engine swap. Anything over about 100 mph required a lot of concentration. At the time, I also owned a modified 93 TT Z. I always liked to tell everybody I could drive the TT at 120 mph while drinking a cup of coffee, while the 240 at 120 mph required "two prayers and a tight pucker."

Old 06-17-2012, 04:20 AM
Absolutely. Aero on the S30 cars is akin to that of a 1988 Honda Accord. You can check out the aerodynamic data I published thru Nissan Sport magazine or check out more info on aerodynamics and this platform at hybridz.org. They created a category based on the info and testing we did...

Everything done to my car was intended to keep the car stable at speeds over 140MPH. At VIR this car will reach redline in 5th gear.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 06-17-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:25 AM
stwok is on a distinguished road
wow nice!

Old 07-01-2012, 04:10 PM
We just sorted out the fuel issues with the help of a FuelSafe surge box with integrated high pressure pump, and rework of the fuel plumbing and some fuel cell foam.

I have realigned the car as well and addressed a few other issues. We will test the changes next weekend at Summit Point Raceway Park!

Old 07-01-2012, 04:14 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
Great tires. Ran those on my race evo x

Old 07-03-2012, 12:00 AM
nw94rs is on a distinguished road
wow, looks like it'd be a handfull.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:01 AM
...And after hearing the audio of this clip you will notice "ignition break down", exhaust leaks, and other noises... My MSD ignition was limiting me to 5K RPMs on the old Datsun Zcar, but on a two lap quick run on Sunday morning with no heat in the tires, I managed a 1:26 short shifting it at 5K and not pushing it...

This was from the first session Saturday morning when the "issues" started...

If i can get the bugs sorted, we'll be able to run seriously fast times... Picking up the inside front tire in most of the corners...
God it was hot in nomex in that thing this weekend. Cold box/suit is in order, as is a fan and helmet ducting.

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Latest Track Car Build...