Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

My Latest Track Car Build...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Taken right after the last run of the day, with no hood and one of my intake ducts missing...

Another clip from the first day!

Old 08-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
After struggling with some serious electrical issues in July, I gutted the electrical system completely, dash, fuse block, althernator, battery, the works.

Since this car is a track car, I removed the headlights, wipers, and all wiring circuitry we didn't need. Now I'm down to 7 circuits, a new dash made of kydex, and a new touch screen display that does the chore of monitoring my motor, the efi, and all data logging. I also went back to using my Braille battery, and upped the alternator capacity to 140AMPs worth with a high output unit:

We're now down to sub-2600 pounds on the car. It should do much better at the next track event!
Mike

Old 12-16-2012, 06:14 AM
Winter project includes installing a new coolsuit box, fire system, and rebuilding the motor. It needed main bearings for an oil starvation issue I caused earlier in the year. I'm also adding some long tube headers that should free up a few more ponies.

Mike

Old 12-19-2012, 07:26 AM
finalheaven is on a distinguished road
Love this car. Been following the build on HybridZ as well.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:18 AM
We expect too have this car back at the racetrack sometime in April. she's running well now and I'm hoping everything goes well for this track season without anymore mechanical failures or health issues...

Mike

Old 05-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Latest pics from the track!!

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2013, 10:10 AM

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2013, 10:11 AM

Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2013, 08:21 AM
ckiesz is on a distinguished road
Beautiful Z! Love seeing the track pictures.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:58 AM
More to come as the new powerplant gets here and installed, but the traditional 383 stroker is being pulled this week and sold. I am awaiting the delivery of a 403 stroker LS3 based aluminum motor that will increase HP by 125 and weigh 102pounds less on the chassis.

I'm stoked!!!
Mike