Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

2016 Acura NSX Will Be a Twin-Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 02:07 PM
ManuelCarrillo3 is infamous around these parts
2016 Acura NSX Will Be a Twin-Turbo

However fast you thought the next Acura NSX was going to be, increase the velocity of your ideas by 30 percent because in addition to the three electric motors assisting acceleration, two turbos will be added to the power posse.

More on the blog.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-Acura-NSX-Home.jpg
Views:	8747
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	304587  
Old 11-25-2013, 05:21 AM
usafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to all
I, for one, am stoked to see Honda go this direction. Maybe they can feed some F1 insight into their products once again. The last McLaren Honda venture ended up with Ayrton Senna working with the first NSX.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Meeyatch1 is an unknown quantity at this point
It is sad to say....but I don't care that much about the new NSX anymore. Honda introduced this car YEARS ago, and we are still at least another year or two from actually being able to buy one. Someone in their Marketing Department needs to either get fired or get a clue. If you are going to have a halo car like that, the time between when you drop the concept car on the world, and the time of them being able to buy it, should be within 2 years.....not 5 or 6 or more. You have to capitalize on the hype and excitement. Especially when, in the case of the NSX, there has been a 'new NSX about to come out' since 1997...that was 16 years ago!

I have been on the waiting list for this car for years, and am very tempted to just give up my spot and buy something else. Their other issue is that, since they take so freaking long to bring a car out, it risks having the same thing happen to it that happened to the original NSX. It will be out of date almost as soon as it is unveilved.

Again...I love NSXs. I have had (3) of them, and have had my current one for almost 12 years, with no intenetion to sell it. But...damn....this new car is like the boy who cried wolf.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:37 PM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
It is sad to say....but I don't care that much about the new NSX anymore. Honda introduced this car YEARS ago, and we are still at least another year or two from actually being able to buy one. Someone in their Marketing Department needs to either get fired or get a clue. If you are going to have a halo car like that, the time between when you drop the concept car on the world, and the time of them being able to buy it, should be within 2 years.....not 5 or 6 or more. You have to capitalize on the hype and excitement. Especially when, in the case of the NSX, there has been a 'new NSX about to come out' since 1997...that was 16 years ago!

I have been on the waiting list for this car for years, and am very tempted to just give up my spot and buy something else. Their other issue is that, since they take so freaking long to bring a car out, it risks having the same thing happen to it that happened to the original NSX. It will be out of date almost as soon as it is unveilved.

Again...I love NSXs. I have had (3) of them, and have had my current one for almost 12 years, with no intenetion to sell it. But...damn....this new car is like the boy who cried wolf.

Agree 100%. Why wait until the excitement is all but dead to finally release the car.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:40 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !

Old 12-06-2013, 04:50 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
LFA was the same. It was spied, revealed, dead, resurrected, crashed, introduced and then barely sold.

NSX won't be so lucky. It's not a collectible like the LFA may be. Lexus paid big time to keep that rarity. Acura/Honda won't make the car if it loses money. It's not marketing issue, it's an executive decision.

The car will be interesting in how it may impact future of exotic cars. Is hybrid, force induction the future of exotics?

Old 12-08-2013, 02:58 AM
usafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to allusafdarkhorse is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
Their other issue is that, since they take so freaking long to bring a car out, it risks having the same thing happen to it that happened to the original NSX. It will be out of date almost as soon as it is unveilved. .
I agree that Honda drags its feet in bringing a sportscar to production, they always have, but I disagree with it being out of date when it was revealed. The updates to the original NSX were warmed over, too little-too late, but the original car, in 1990, was head and shoulders above competitors. Give Honda some credit for the original rollout of the NSX and S2000.

Originally Posted by djantlive
LFA was the same. It was spied, revealed, dead, resurrected, crashed, introduced and then barely sold.

NSX won't be so lucky. It's not a collectible like the LFA may be. Lexus paid big time to keep that rarity. Acura/Honda won't make the car if it loses money. It's not marketing issue, it's an executive decision.

The car will be interesting in how it may impact future of exotic cars. Is hybrid, force induction the future of exotics?
The old car already has a cult following where the LFA couldn't pull any brand loyalty beyond a halo car for Toyota-philes, and Honda didn't exactly make money with the last NSX, especially toward the end when they sold fewer than 200 cars per year at arguably the same targeted MSRP for which this car is aiming. It's a halo car.

Exotics have ALREADY been trending toward hybrid and forced induction. This is F1 tech with KERS, FI, etc. McLaren, Porsche, and Ferrari (albeit NA) already have these cars in production. This NSX will be different than the last, that's for sure, but in bringing this tech to a more accessible audience in a reliable form with a few tech twists, it can fulfill the title - New Sportscar eXperimental.

The conditions have never been better for this car, and much the same as it was when the first NSX was introduced - Honda supplying engines to McLaren in F1, and now running smaller displacement turbo V6 engines.

I think these are exciting developments and that critics should give this car a chance before they write off Honda.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:19 PM
yawwn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by usafdarkhorse
I agree that Honda drags its feet in bringing a sportscar to production, they always have, but I disagree with it being out of date when it was revealed. The updates to the original NSX were warmed over, too little-too late, but the original car, in 1990, was head and shoulders above competitors. Give Honda some credit for the original rollout of the NSX and S2000.

The old car already has a cult following where the LFA couldn't pull any brand loyalty beyond a halo car for Toyota-philes, and Honda didn't exactly make money with the last NSX, especially toward the end when they sold fewer than 200 cars per year at arguably the same targeted MSRP for which this car is aiming. It's a halo car.

Exotics have ALREADY been trending toward hybrid and forced induction. This is F1 tech with KERS, FI, etc. McLaren, Porsche, and Ferrari (albeit NA) already have these cars in production. This NSX will be different than the last, that's for sure, but in bringing this tech to a more accessible audience in a reliable form with a few tech twists, it can fulfill the title - New Sportscar eXperimental.

The conditions have never been better for this car, and much the same as it was when the first NSX was introduced - Honda supplying engines to McLaren in F1, and now running smaller displacement turbo V6 engines.

I think these are exciting developments and that critics should give this car a chance before they write off Honda.
Great points you make. I'm excited about the release of this car!

Old 05-06-2014, 12:37 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I was excited... 5 years ago.

Now - eh.

Once Honda finishes up the NSX, Nissan will be releasing the AWD 600HP+ hybrid R36.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:42 PM
HowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these partsHowlerMonkey is infamous around these parts
The LF-A was simply what resulted when Toyota wanted to play with the technology they used to build it.

It is merely the first ripple of what is to come.

Old 07-08-2014, 04:39 PM
planz is on a distinguished road
Just release a car already!

Old 07-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Former Vendor
need4speedmotors has a spectacular aura aboutneed4speedmotors has a spectacular aura about
I can't wait for it to be released, always loved that car.