Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Thoughts on the FD RX7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 09:47 AM
bmwtmx has a spectacular aura aboutbmwtmx has a spectacular aura about
Thoughts on the FD RX7

I own a truly pristine 94 FD RX7 R2 in Silver (one of 65) that is pretty much bone stock. I never ever see these come up for sale in nice condition except sometimes a touring model or base. All others are so modified or abused I cannot imagine many are left pristine and stock.

As NSX's and Supra's have both made the jump in value is it inevitable that the RX7 follows? I don't want to sell mine but space is a huge issue. Regret is something I hate more than anything and now that I see Lotus Exige S260 prices at $100k or higher (I sold mine for $60k 5 years ago ugh) I do not want a repeat with this car.

Thoughts?

Old 08-05-2016, 12:21 PM
FirstStateCamber is on a distinguished road
While I love the FD body the rotary engine is the killer for me, with its maintenance, oil consumption, and frequent rebuilds on anything mildly driven.

With that said, sell me your FD...

Old 08-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Funny you should ask! I just listed it for sale in the For Sale section here. I may list it on Autotrader or Cars.com if I want to be more aggressive but I am in no rush. After a day at Petit Racing I think I want to build one that puts down a lot of power and customize it to my taste. This car is too nice to modify.

The real issue with these cars is poor maintenance and poor operation. I have owned rotaries since 1987 and it's always the user that destroys them. You have be more on top of them than a regular car and let it properly warm up and cool down with frequent oil changes. Most users are young guys and they beat the **** out of the car and put them away hot. My car has no issues at all.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:02 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
You sig shows a viper so I think that's your beast. The rx7 isn't all that reliable even with the most caring owner so I would leave it un modified. Your 997tt has both power and refinement. Nice line up.

If you sell the rx7, you will not be able to buy it back in the same condition. Keep what you have and leave it as a mountain carver.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:38 AM
The fleet is good and thanks for the comments. You gotta understand down here in hell, uh, um Florida! there ain't no mountains, curvy roads or anything interesting to drive on nearby unless you hit the track or drive fast in a straight line. I want a bit more power to feel more "alive" here but I am in absolutely no rush at all to sell. My Viper and 997TT will be with me til the end as they are perfect for what they do.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:17 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Time to move haha!

Old 08-11-2016, 08:39 AM
This place is like quicksand and I cannot get out. I'm up to my waist so there is still time but I am slowly sinking every day. Of all the places I have lived I don't know how I got stuck in this cesspool. But I'm working on it!

Old 12-08-2016, 01:14 PM
P_virus85 is on a distinguished road
Pmed.