Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Panamera vs Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 06:26 PM
superfans is on a distinguished road
Porsche Panamera vs Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

How do you guys think about these two cars? Which one would you get? Understand that the design of Panamera has been receiving quite a lot of criticism but still it is created to compete with the best sport sedan in the market.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:36 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
having both a Porsche and a Maserati, I have to say that I would rather buy the 4porte GTS if I were looking for a sport sedan. Now my answer will be different if I were looking for a sports car, in this case its a sport sedan, the Maserati does the Gran Touring thing alot better. When it comes to style, Italian vs German styling? I'd rather go for the Italian, just flows very well. The reliability of the two, I think Porsche has a better record here, but again, it depends how you drive or how well you maintain your car, just make sure you have warrenty for the Maserati. Shouldn't be a problem if you were to buy a new one. Oh and I have heard the exhaust note on the Maserati, its pure sex!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:45 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
they are both kinda ugly but they are both a BEAST.
for a pretty car i would go s63 or s65. That's just me.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
As much as I love the interior of the Panamera I must say that I would be a bit disappointed knowing that I could have had the beautiful Maser. Although if the drive is much better in the Panamera I guess that I could live with the looks with a body kit...

Here is a possible rendering on how the Tech Art body kit would look-

Old 07-17-2009, 02:54 PM
rxhealer is on a distinguished road
I might be a little bias because I own a 06' Maserati QP. But I've seen the Panamera in person now and I'm not impressed. The interior is nice, a few to many buttons for my taste. As far as reliablity I quess I'm one of the lucky ones whose not had any issues. I'm at 38,000 with just 1 clutch replacement at 32,000. Once I've driven the Panamera I'll give a better opinion but for looks Maserati all the way.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:52 PM
superfans is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thanks for the useful comments. Have tried one and it does sound similar to a Ferrari. Do you know if the engine of the sport gts is from Ferrari?

Last edited by superfans; 07-17-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:29 PM
rxhealer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superfans
Thanks for the useful comments. Have tried one and it does sound similar to a Ferrari. Do you know if the engine of the sport gts is from Ferrari?
Yes, I believe they are. I was told that my Maserati shares several parts from Ferrari.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:57 AM
eddiecob is on a distinguished road
i like both bt perhaps i would go for a Pana

Old 08-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Porschedeisgn is on a distinguished road
take the pan.. turbo pls..

Old 08-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Slowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond reputeSlowcart has a reputation beyond repute
IMO the exterior of Maserati looks much better.

Last edited by Slowcart; 08-19-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: add
Old 09-01-2009, 09:19 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
If we are talking 09 v 09, it would be a hard choice...that said, I think I would probably go for the panamera turbo over the maser just for the raw performance and 4wd...would have done a 4s if I didnt need a car exactly when I did...

Old 09-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Porschedeisgn is on a distinguished road
Get the Pan.. its a whole new look.. def more appealing..

Also more after markets..