Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche changes my mind again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 07:48 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Porsche changes my mind again

When the Cayenne came out in 2003, I was ready to burn Porsche at the stake. What an ugly POS - my initial impression. I was unforgiving and relentless in branding the leadership in Stuttgart as crazy and suicidal. Fast forward 5 years and I have an 08 CTT in the driveway which I love, but I have been highly skeptical of the Panamera. Once again, Porsche has out-uglied the Cayenne IMHO. In this economy and with other beautiful options - Maserati, Aston, Fisker hybrib - they seemed to be on another suicide trip.

Well, that all changed yesterday. I went by a local dealer and checked out a Pan Turbo and a 4s. The car is so large that you cannot see all the ugliness in one view. Standing next to one you can only appreciate the smooth arcing lines of the body which appear quite muscular. The frown on my face evaporates once I got in the car. The interior is fantastic - it makes the full leather interior of my CTT look like a Chrysler rental. The effect is nicer than any Audi A8, and comparable to the Maserati with a more German tone.

The frown changes to a wide-eyed smile as I drive this "abomination" - really feels like a 4 seat sports car! The 4s I drove was Grey with a light interior and Sport Chrono. The PDK is perfect for the car, and it pulls as hard as the CTT but without any lag. The exhaust note replicates my old high school friend's family 6.9l Mercedes beast - so deep, so subtle and perfect! I don't care how ugly it is anymore, I gotta have one in the garage! The CTT lease comes up in 18 months - I know exactly what will replace it.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:34 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
I saw one last week, look great in person!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 AM
dano_S is on a distinguished road
I have to say, I did the same thing a lot of guys are doing, and went to the dealership event letting us test this car. WOW! i didn't expect the size (thats what she said) the Panamara is massive! interior is superb, driving was all porsche...I loved it.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 PM
PorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to beholdPorschePaul is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by eclou
When the Cayenne came out in 2003, I was ready to burn Porsche at the stake. What an ugly POS - my initial impression. I was unforgiving and relentless in branding the leadership in Stuttgart as crazy and suicidal. Fast forward 5 years and I have an 08 CTT in the driveway which I love, but I have been highly skeptical of the Panamera. Once again, Porsche has out-uglied the Cayenne IMHO. In this economy and with other beautiful options - Maserati, Aston, Fisker hybrib - they seemed to be on another suicide trip.

Well, that all changed yesterday. I went by a local dealer and checked out a Pan Turbo and a 4s. The car is so large that you cannot see all the ugliness in one view. Standing next to one you can only appreciate the smooth arcing lines of the body which appear quite muscular. The frown on my face evaporates once I got in the car. The interior is fantastic - it makes the full leather interior of my CTT look like a Chrysler rental. The effect is nicer than any Audi A8, and comparable to the Maserati with a more German tone.

The frown changes to a wide-eyed smile as I drive this "abomination" - really feels like a 4 seat sports car! The 4s I drove was Grey with a light interior and Sport Chrono. The PDK is perfect for the car, and it pulls as hard as the CTT but without any lag. The exhaust note replicates my old high school friend's family 6.9l Mercedes beast - so deep, so subtle and perfect! I don't care how ugly it is anymore, I gotta have one in the garage! The CTT lease comes up in 18 months - I know exactly what will replace it.
My sentiments exactly after I drove an S today.

Old 10-20-2009, 02:04 AM
alan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of light
Saw it in the dealer launch event too, sit in it.
Only words came in my mind was "OMG". The rear seat and feeling is SUPERB! The softness of the leather is amazing, but the shape of the sport seats style still hold you from rolling. I think this is what makes it so amazing, I like it even more then my E60 M5 which has movable support on the front seats. When I started the engine on the 4S that I was in, (equipped with sport exhaust), even more satisfying.

I hated it when Porsche has spy pic, and even seen the real offical pics. But man, in person, especially if you sit in it, start it, drive it. TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY.

People say this Panamera's original concept is a sport car (911 like) but with 4 dr and seats. Instead of a 4 dr seden drives like a sport car. (Eg. My M5 would be a perfect example). I now think it is sooooooooo true. (I AM trading my M5 in for sure, 4S would be enough)

You guys really really have to check it out in person.
Hope you guys enjoy!

CHeers,

Old 10-23-2009, 11:33 AM
epicjon is an unknown quantity at this point
great choice