Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Turbo's Life

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 07:47 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Is that a replacement/euro front end, or did you have some bodywork done to cover the side marker holes?

Old 02-28-2010, 12:10 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
I like what you're doing, car looks great. Now that you've removed the PORSCHE script on the back, which I think was a great move, have you thought about moving the "panamera turbo" script up where the PORSCHE script was before? I think it may look even better up higher.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:54 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
Is that a replacement/euro front end, or did you have some bodywork done to cover the side marker holes?
It is a Rest Of World Porsche bumper from our good friends at suncoastparts.com. It is a bit of overkilll for a side marker removal but it certainly does the job quite well.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:55 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
I like what you're doing, car looks great. Now that you've removed the PORSCHE script on the back, which I think was a great move, have you thought about moving the "panamera turbo" script up where the PORSCHE script was before? I think it may look even better up higher.
Good idea. I didnt think of it. I may have to bust out the photoshop again and see how it looks. Perhaps a 6speedonline poll would be in order.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:09 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I put dark dark tint on the side marker. Can see it, but only barely.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:37 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
I put dark dark tint on the side marker. Can see it, but only barely.
Any concerns about it peeling off? Did you just cover the marker, or wrap the tint around it? I was chatting with the guys at PP about the side marker and they mentioned one car getting done like this.

I'm bringing mine in today/tomorrow to get the wheels changed and tint done, so might do something similar.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:22 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Any concerns about it peeling off? Did you just cover the marker, or wrap the tint around it? I was chatting with the guys at PP about the side marker and they mentioned one car getting done like this.

I'm bringing mine in today/tomorrow to get the wheels changed and tint done, so might do something similar.
Well, either Jason or Chris in back did the marker. I don't know how they did it. I didn't even ask, they just did it when I bought the wheels. It is something that bugs Jason on the P cars so he just did it. I've been 130 in the car. Hasn't moved. Tell the service guy or gal you use that you want your side markers done like Chuck Cole's. They will know exactly. Take it tomorrow, it's raining today. Jason in parts in back will fix you up on the markers deal.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Well, either Jason or Chris in back did the marker. I don't know how they did it. I didn't even ask, they just did it when I bought the wheels. It is something that bugs Jason on the P cars so he just did it. I've been 130 in the car. Hasn't moved. Tell the service guy or gal you use that you want your side markers done like Chuck Cole's. They will know exactly. Take it tomorrow, it's raining today. Jason in parts in back will fix you up on the markers deal.
Thanks, that's helpful. I'm waiting for my TurboII wheels to be delivered, which should be today. Bringing it in for several things:

1) Wheels/Spacers installed (7mm spacers on rear from my C2S)
2) Swap Walnut interior with Black interior from another PanS (Walnut isn't my personal favorite)
3) Window Tint (sounds like I'm adding the Side Marker tint as well)

I just can't wait to get these things started to get her the way I want her...

Old 03-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Thanks, that's helpful. I'm waiting for my TurboII wheels to be delivered, which should be today. Bringing it in for several things:

1) Wheels/Spacers installed (7mm spacers on rear from my C2S)
2) Swap Walnut interior with Black interior from another PanS (Walnut isn't my personal favorite)
3) Window Tint (sounds like I'm adding the Side Marker tint as well)

I just can't wait to get these things started to get her the way I want her...
You must have bought off the floor. I don't care for walnut either, so we ordered the black birch anthracite or whatever. Looks really great with the black car. Post some pics.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 AM
The Birch is my favorite, but we weren't in a position to order. So Neil/Jon helped out to do a switch with a low-optioned car that was in stock. I almost just bought the other one because it didn't have walnut in it, but glad they were willing to make that swap for me.

Can't wait to get everything done and take some pics.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Thank god the nasty yellow side markers are gone! It looks great and I love the grille/signal modification.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:41 AM
kcturbo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by falb
Good idea. I didnt think of it. I may have to bust out the photoshop again and see how it looks. Perhaps a 6speedonline poll would be in order.
The car in this post removed the PORSCHE emblem and moved the Panamera Turbo into the upper position:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-exhaust.html

Old 03-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by kcturbo
The car in this post removed the PORSCHE emblem and moved the Panamera Turbo into the upper position:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-exhaust.html
Duhh... I didnt even notice that the first three times I saw it. Thanks!

Old 03-16-2010, 05:23 PM
I jsut have to say that I love this car. I spent some time ripping around the city yesterday and all I can say is WOW. Tons of power, scary 3rd and 4th gear pulls. the power just keeps on coming. The brakes are awesome and never complain. Love the handling given the weight and ammenities. Truely an engineering marvel and reset the bar for sports sedans.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 PM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
How did you replace the interior bulbs with LEDs? They can't be simply plug ins, can they?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: One Turbo's Life