Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Turbo's Life

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 11:07 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
One Turbo's Life

Thought I would start a thread on my car to share the trials and tribulations of a single 970 TT. It has been an outstanding car so far and I enjoy driving it every day. Hope you enjoy some of the posts here and let me know what you think, even the occasional "that car is ugly". However I believe those comments will tend to stop. Every person who I show the car to loves it and if they sit inside a go for a ride they love it even more.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:18 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
i cant lie, it grew on me, i love it now.....

Old 01-17-2010, 11:19 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I was playing around with the bumper inserts this weekend and took some pics. I like the look of having the open intercooler ducts but the car has to have blinkers. You can see the car with no inserts and no headlight washers, which are heavy. The pics in the garage show the car as is now. I put the inserts back in but I cut the grids out of the intercooler ducts with a some sharp razors blades. I may put a screen in later to protect the intercoolers. Oh, the car is also a little dirty.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:44 PM
So I like to do a little DIY

While I was screwing around with the bumper I decided to make a couple of other mods. I certainly cant say with certainty that they did anything good or bad but in my mind they are beneficial. The turbos seem slightly louder and the car could be faster--I will likely never know for sure.

This is what the front of the car looks like without the bumper and this is what you have to do to get to the airfilter (PITA) ---BMC anyone??

The air intakes are in the upper corner of each intercooler duct and there is a plastic screen that goes over the intake....I removed it This is a pic with the screen.

And without it...there are three plastic rivets holding it into place. (look at the top right corner of the pic.

There are also four holes in the intake track and I covered them with duct tape...yes I have a PTT with duct tape! I assume that these holes are to prevent water ingestion and may reduce intake noise.

Last edited by falb; 01-18-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
isnt that grill for the intake to block large debris from entering the intake chamber?

Old 01-18-2010, 11:07 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool and thanks for sharing!!

Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Crea
isnt that grill for the intake to block large debris from entering the intake chamber?
Doubt that is the primary purpose. Since the intake is on the top and the grill would handle just about any heavy or large object. Also, I have not seen large screens like that on other cars. It may be there to straighten the air and increase velocity, kind of like the Turbulators!

Old 02-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Posting some new pics without the PORSCHE on the back, and the new plate. I also swapped out several of the regular interior bulbs for LED versions and will take some of those pics later. The LED bulbs really turned out nice, especially in the main center overhead light. Still working on a plan for power mods, but nothing solidified yet.

Last edited by falb; 02-15-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:03 PM
kcturbo is on a distinguished road
How did you remove the PORSCHE letters from the rear? I ordered mine with " delete model designation", but I want to remove the PORSCHE also for a completely de-badged look.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by kcturbo
How did you remove the PORSCHE letters from the rear? I ordered mine with " delete model designation", but I want to remove the PORSCHE also for a completely de-badged look.
I used a heat gun (could use a hair dryer as well), dental floss, gum off, elbow grease, quick detailer, and a microfiber towel.

1. Clean the area with the quick detailer and towel.
2. Warm up the letters and paint -do not get it too hot because you could do bad things to the paint.
3. Loop the dental floss around each letter and pull - you are ripping the adhesive in two and removing the letter -this will leave sticky rubbery stuff on the paint
4. warm up the sticky stuff and use a little gum off and your finger to rub the sticky stuff off the paint.
5. quick detail the area and buff with a polish if needed.

This job is easy but needs a little patience so you dont mess up the paint.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:10 PM
488ci-mojo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i pulled all the stickers off the back of the black car. visually, it really brought the back end down. the stickum is so new, you don't really need heat, once started, just keep moving along and lifting a little bit at a time, eventually it will fall off. a performance shop should be able to get you black mesh for his nostrils. if you lived in LA I have a great shop that can do anything and keeps my Viper (comp coupe) sputtering.

Last edited by 488ci-mojo; 02-15-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by 488ci-mojo
i pulled all the stickers off the back of the black car. visually, it really brought the back end down. the stickum is so new, you don't really need heat, once started, just keep moving along and lifting a little bit at a time, eventually it will fall off. a performance shop should be able to get you black mesh to protect his inner nostrils.
Could you post a pic of the back of your car. I would love to see one with no emblems at all.

Thanks!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 PM
488ci-mojo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I just got to them Sat and no pics. here's the techart car minus stickers.

Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Here is a photoshop comparison.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: One Turbo's Life