Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Turbo's Life

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:32 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
simply plug and play. 12V LED replacement bulbs are quite common. I had a kit from an M5 lying around and it worked well. The only semi-custom work was for the roof center console. I used two LED bulbs in one slot so that I could focus one of the LEDs on the end of the light bar that spreads light in a U shape around the console.

You can get them from http://www.superbrightleds.com/

To be safe I would order 6 of these http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...s/WLED-xHP.htm

and you will need 4-6 festoon bulbs. But I am not exactly sure what size. You need them for the license plate and the rear hatch.

I could map this all out but....I didn't yet.

Last edited by falb; 07-25-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:26 PM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
The Strip

Very happy with the performance of this beast.

It was very windy (see the pic below- about a 30 mph headwind) and the density adjusted elevation was about 3,000 feet at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The track junkies indicated that the track is about 4 tenths and 3-4 mph slower than a sea level track.

My best was 11.8 seconds @ 115 mph
Road and Track got 11.7 @ 118, so this seems to line right up.

I used sport plus, comfort suspension setting, 5 pounds less in the tires (about 35psi), and PSM off. I used the launch control to do a small burn-out and then used it again when lined up at the tree. It worked flawlessly and jumped the car out of the whole with little drama and very repeatable. Absolutely amazing technology! In the video (which is awefull and upside down-dont ask-I have an HD camera but apparently havent figured out how to edit or mount properly) you can see that the car holds redline in first while the wheels continue to spin and when they catch up it shifts to second. That is all Porsche technology doing the work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VIxyc17IwI

Last edited by falb; 01-17-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Thumbs up Road Course

I took the beast to a Porsche Club of America event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and had a total blast. They have a road course on the south side of the speedway that is 2.5 miles and about 14 turns. It is very nice! Here is some hi res, relatively boring video from my new HD Hero. The sound is not great so I added some music. Basically the car was as fast as any car on the track, although no lap times were made available. i was doing 2:10-2:15 and I heard some guys as low as 2:08. This was the first time on this course and the first time with this car. It was great giving the GT-Rs and GT3RS a hard time.

Run the video in 720 full screen if you want to try to see anything....I still have a lot of work to do in the video making department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag9ExBvbY8U

Old 04-15-2010, 12:27 PM
jd1966 is on a distinguished road
Loving the updates - please keep them coming.
And what beautiful car...
Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:03 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I have a couple of questions with this, maybe you can help:

1) Which lights did you replace? For the most part, all of the interior lights seem to be LED except the overhead console center light (yellowish). I'd love to change that yellow overhead light, but wondering what other lights should be changed.
2) How do you remove the overhead console to get to the lights? Simply snap on/off? What area of the concole did you use to start the snap-off?

Originally Posted by falb
simply plug and play. 12V LED replacement bulbs are quite common. I had a kit from an M5 lying around and it worked well. The only semi-custom work was for the roof center console. I used two LED bulbs in one slot so that I could focus one of the LEDs on the end of the light bar that spreads light in a U shape around the console.

You can get them from http://www.superbrightleds.com/

To be safe I would order 20 of these http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...s/WLED-xHP.htm

and you will need 4-6 festoon bulbs. But I am not exactly sure what size. You need them for the license plate and the rear hatch.

I could map this all out but....I didn't yet.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I have a couple of questions with this, maybe you can help:

1) Which lights did you replace? For the most part, all of the interior lights seem to be LED except the overhead console center light (yellowish). I'd love to change that yellow overhead light, but wondering what other lights should be changed.
2) How do you remove the overhead console to get to the lights? Simply snap on/off? What area of the concole did you use to start the snap-off?
There are many bulbs that I replaced
-under the hood
-lower part of each door
-under each side of the dash
-center upper console
-rear upper roof lights
-license plate
-rear hatch door
-rear cargo area

Most of these are blade type bulbs but the licence plate, rear hatch and a few other places are the tube kind.

None of my lights were LED. I think if you order the rear light package more of the lights are LED.

For the center console I pried the outside black edge down until it came free. Starting with the center part towards the back of the car and working my forward, then I used a small screwdriver to get the front part free. frankly, i just ripped it off....I dont recommend this approach. It may be better to start towards the window or ask your tech. I used two LED blade bubs in each bulb holder (in the center console) one to illuminate down and the other to illuminate the semi-circle light bar. This was a bit of a trick since one bulb inserted normally while the second bulb was removed from the case and only we wires were inserted with the first bulb. Hard to explain.

I could go back in there and take a pic if you really want me to.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Red face Bye Bye, For Now

Well I am sending my perfectly good car off for a few months of surgery.... She is already missed deeply but I hope she returns stronger. I am currently driving another black AWD sedan but I can assure you this Jaguar X-type is no comparison to the Panamera, but much better than a typical South Korean rental car.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
What are you getting done to it??
Best to wait till it is finished.

The new mini beast....

Old 04-27-2010, 03:09 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by falb
There are many bulbs that I replaced
-under the hood
-lower part of each door
-under each side of the dash
-center upper console
-rear upper roof lights
-license plate
-rear hatch door
-rear cargo area

Most of these are blade type bulbs but the licence plate, rear hatch and a few other places are the tube kind.

None of my lights were LED. I think if you order the rear light package more of the lights are LED.

For the center console I pried the outside black edge down until it came free. Starting with the center part towards the back of the car and working my forward, then I used a small screwdriver to get the front part free. frankly, i just ripped it off....I dont recommend this approach. It may be better to start towards the window or ask your tech. I used two LED blade bubs in each bulb holder (in the center console) one to illuminate down and the other to illuminate the semi-circle light bar. This was a bit of a trick since one bulb inserted normally while the second bulb was removed from the case and only we wires were inserted with the first bulb. Hard to explain.

I could go back in there and take a pic if you really want me to.
This just reminded me that I forgot to Thank You for following up on this. I'm planning to take a closer look this weekend and figure out what I'm going to do.

Of course, you've got everyone wondering what's in store for the PTT now!!! Can't wait to find out more.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Old 08-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Noble57 can only hope to improve
falb,

Which Silver is that? Looks great.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:32 PM
juancooldude is on a distinguished road
Great looking car

Old 08-03-2010, 03:55 PM
SaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really nice
wow car looks great

Old 08-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Noble57
falb,

Which Silver is that? Looks great.
It is a Mercedes Silver called Crystal Lauriet Silver. It looks much better in person. These pictures make it look kind of flat. It is a very bright and metallic silver that pops in the sun.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:24 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Any updates on the Panamera?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: One Turbo's Life