Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TechArt Paddle Shifter Conversion Kit vs. New Spt Steering Wheel with Paddle Shifters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 02:11 AM
inception is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fly970TT
Just got my Techart installed yesterday in CA. I have the new steering wheel that lights up when on sport or sport+ and Carbon fiber..It didn't fit few weeks ago but Techart updated and it fit perfect! Love the quick shift of PDK.
Thanks Claus and Gordon @ CEC west.
I am in socal. Can you pm me the pricing for part + install on the techart paddle conversion in LA?

Old 03-13-2011, 08:03 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
I am also interested in the Techart paddle shifters - please pm me pricing details and installer options in the NY area, if any.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:08 PM
tguerino is on a distinguished road
interested in cost of retrofit kit and install in Houston

Thank you!

Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
All I know from playing Super Manoco GP in the arcade in my youth is right hand paddle is up ****, left hand paddle is down shift.

I think it odd that you can **** up or down using just one paddle. I can understand this with people who have use of only one ARM or hand. But for most of US I think it is inclusive mostly to the latte sipping crowd who can only be bothered with using one hand when driving to work in the morning.//EndQuasiRant...

Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
All I know from playing Super Manoco GP in the arcade in my youth is right hand paddle is up ****, left hand paddle is down shift.

I think it odd that you can **** up or down using just one paddle. I can understand this with people who have use of only one ARM or hand. But for most of US I think it is inclusive mostly to the latte sipping crowd who can only be bothered with using one hand when driving to work in the morning.//EndQuasiRant...
Didn't mean to type ****, a word very similar to shift. Funny how my mobile autocorrected to that word. Must be a testament to how much I use it in my vanicular...

Old 03-24-2011, 08:35 PM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
Pls pm the cost.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:36 PM
inception is on a distinguished road
after only 100 miles or so, im getting pretty used to the stock shift buttons. i think the trick is to use 1 hand ( whichever hand you feel more comfortable with). lets hear from owners who are happy with the stock shifters....

Old 03-25-2011, 09:56 AM
pmichaelis is on a distinguished road
I have no problem with the shifters, it took very little time to become comfortable with them.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:39 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
I'm interested - can you PM the cost including install?

Old 04-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Motohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the roughMotohead279 is a jewel in the rough
I've tried PMing CEC for the cost and have not gotten a reply. Can someone who has had this done PM me the cost, Thanks.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:29 AM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Can anybody comment on how 'busy' the wheel is? Do you have any problems with the look - all the buttons PLUS four shift paddles. Also, do the OEM shift buttons ever get in the way when you're using the paddles?

Old 04-10-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't have the TechArt paddles (mostly because I don't have my car yet..) but I've done some research on the topic. I don't understand why the pricing on these seems to be such a big secret, but I'm going to tell the secret. The paddle kit costs $750-$800 (I've heard both numbers) and the installation time is about 2 hours. I believe the stock shift buttons are disabled and possibly replaced with some sort of plug that comes with the TechArt kit. Perhaps someone here can confirm that. I was quoted a total cost installed of $1,000-$1050. I may wait to see what Porsche's solution is to this ridiculously annoying deficiency. I cannot imagine they will wait too much longer before they start to offer the MF steering wheel with paddles, and possibly a retrofit kit to take care of the problem for SO MANY OWNERS. Given that I've ordered a 2011 car, I was certain the 2012 cars would have it available. But at least so far, the Turbo S which is a 2012 model does not show it as an option. Is anybody at Porsche hearing this? My M5 has a MF steering wheel with paddles, and it's 6 years old. C'mon guys...

Old 04-11-2011, 01:44 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
got price....thanks

Last edited by rvhpno80; 04-12-2011 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:05 AM
My post right above yours has the price in it. About $1k installed.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:53 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bwiele
My post right above yours has the price in it. About $1k installed.
thanks....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TechArt Paddle Shifter Conversion Kit vs. New Spt Steering Wheel with Paddle Shifters