Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TechArt Paddle Shifter Conversion Kit vs. New Spt Steering Wheel with Paddle Shifters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 06:10 AM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Does Techart substitute 'plugs' or something for the shift buttons? Anyone have pictures? It seems a little busy to have 4 shifters on the wheel.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:10 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Got my kit installed to the st wheel tomorrow I will install it to my Cayenne,hope I made all the connections right etc...

Old 10-28-2013, 07:43 PM
rzonca is on a distinguished road
Hi there,

My new turbo is on order and I still have one week to change specification. But... I have a big problem with deciding on the steering wheel. I really like multifunction steering wheels for daily use but I can not get used to the buttons to change gear. TechArt has a solution but if it works properly? Has anyone had a problem with them? And the most important thing ...
Do they work fast?

I drove 991 with a factory sport steering wheel and paddles react immediately.
I hope that techart paddles changes gears the same?

It is very important to me.

GREETS

Old 10-29-2013, 12:34 AM
CrazyMD will become famous soon enoughCrazyMD will become famous soon enough
Im unsure if the techart kit will work with the new 991 turbo. You will have to check with them.

I like having the multifunction steering wheel. I like it MUCH more than the wheel without it. I drive my car as a daily driver so it is very convenient for me.

The stock push and pull shift buttons suck

With the Techart kit it adds paddles just like the Turbo S wheel with no multifunction.

You have to take off the steering wheel, disassemble it, remove the push and pull buttons, change a pin around in the wiring, install the paddles, and then put everything back together.

When I did it, it took me about 3 hours to do in total. If I had to do it again it would probably take me no more than 30-45 minutes.

Once its done, you have paddles that shift right side upshift and left side downshift just like how they should have been from the beginning.

Why Porsche doesn't offer the multifunction and paddles is beyond me. I never understand why manufacturers sometimes fail to give people what they want and steer them into a direction they think is right.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:38 AM
rzonca is on a distinguished road
Thank you. I have to ask techart if I can install them in new 991 turbo s.

I've ordered multifunction steering wheel in carbon.
Can I order paddles in carbon ?
if you can not have them in carbon then i will go with aluminum, but it they looks like the original? Is the color is the same as buttons from the factory and other things in the car?

Best regards.

Last edited by rzonca; 10-29-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:09 PM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I would like to get a set as well, please send me a link to purchase.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:24 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Ivan is making my wheel now and I am going to have these installed on it before I have it mounted in the car. Any vendors here sell this as well as the Numeric Racing shifter and cables. I'm looking for both.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:24 PM
negb is on a distinguished road
Is there any difference between TechArt and OEM shift paddles ? Not possible to take of shift paddles from OEM sport steering wheel and install them on multi functional steering wheel

Old 06-14-2018, 01:13 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
I just wanted to check and see if anyone in south Florida sells and installs the Techart shifters? I am in Weston.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:53 AM
user1 is an unknown quantity at this point
any updates on people that got this done?

Old 07-13-2019, 06:54 PM
jvereenjr4porsche is an unknown quantity at this point
I know this is an old thread but I'm interested too, I love the look of them.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:31 PM
LouDA is on a distinguished road
I dont get why just addition of the paddle shifters is such a sought after thing - it would wind me up having 2 sets of shifters on the wheel. I believe Porsche can actually just switch out the wheel to the sports one which has the shifters for like $1500, then you sell the old one for $600+ and it's a relaitively cheap way to get paddles? That's what I plan on doing at least - or even the newer generation ones so I can keep the multifunction (but costs a bit more).

Are people looking at shifters mainly to keep the multifunction buttons?

Old 11-04-2019, 11:17 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
They are not in addition to the existing in-out buttons, the front part is just decorative. People (like me) want the multi-function buttons and would prefer proper right and left pulls. I would like some but not at that price.