Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price Check - Pana 6 cyl

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM
RichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ThunderRolls
No apologies necessary guys. It is all still relevant. I have several options out there for a 6 cyl 2011 with an MSRP of $82-$85k. There is also a 2010 S model with 8,500 miles listed for $88k (MSRP $109k) that I have looked at. Since I am looking for a luxury cruiser and not a racer, I would be content with the 6 cyl. If I can get it for something between $75-$80k depending on options, I think I would prefer to go ahead and just get it instead of the used S model available.
I stopped in to see the Sales Manager of my local Porsche Dealer as I'm thinking about picking-up a TT in place of my S. They have by far more Panamera V6's in stock than any other model. Without any negotiating he said 7% off any one he has in stock - they all seemed to be in the $80-$85k range. Sounds like your $75-$80k range is doable. Good luck!

Last edited by RichS2010; 01-06-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Clint Eastwood is infamous around these parts
thanks for pm's. i guess i have to boost my posts to respond. need 15 posts to respond to pm's. now that im into porsche (finally) im sure it wont take too long.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:05 PM
porshanut is infamous around these parts
I have found the info on pricing in this forum to be a little unrealistic. If there is a car on the lot you like that the dealer has had awhile, you can expect a better deal. However, if the car is a good color with good options, it isn't going to be there forever. In certain areas, Panamera's are doing very well so you have to take that into consideration. Give it your best shot, and enjoy a great car! I bought an '11 Panamera S in December for 4% of list, that was in dealer inventory. I loved the color and the options, and really love the car now that I have driven it for a month.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:11 PM
idefendu is infamous around these parts
demand v msrp

We all know the formula..the greater the demand the more likely the car will sell at MSRP. The Panameras are selling in some locations and not in others. Additionally, some areas can move the 6 cylinders and others cannot. 4 months ago I was getting my 997 serviced and the service manager told me they could not move the 6 cylinder models. I checked the lot, and they had 8 of them sitting there. I spoke with a sales guy and he said they were moving great and the best they could do was 3% off. I said thanks, but I will wait. Fast forward to today....still 8 6 cylinder models on the lot. He emailed me with a "Special" which was discounted by 10g.

I am not an expert, but it would seem to me that if you are ordering your car...the discount will be small because you are no longer part of the general "Demand." The dealer has no pressure to move your vehicle because it is not costing him money sitting on the lot.

Mr. Eastwood, I don't think people are trying to insult you. Rather, you have painted yourself into a corner... not a big deal. You just cannot negotiate a discount from your position. You are ordering the car the way you want it...exactly. That is worth a few extra bucks.

Idefendu
06 997c2 for sale
05 Maser Coupe sold
04 VW Phaeton gone and missed
and sundry audis

Old 01-14-2011, 06:11 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by porshanut
I have found the info on pricing in this forum to be a little unrealistic. If there is a car on the lot you like that the dealer has had awhile, you can expect a better deal. However, if the car is a good color with good options, it isn't going to be there forever. In certain areas, Panamera's are doing very well so you have to take that into consideration. Give it your best shot, and enjoy a great car! I bought an '11 Panamera S in December for 4% of list, that was in dealer inventory. I loved the color and the options, and really love the car now that I have driven it for a month.
Funny post. How can the pricing in this forum be "unrealistic" when the people in this forum are telling you what we paid. smh

Old 01-14-2011, 07:06 AM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
I will be test driving / negotiating a 2011 on Monday. MSRP is $82k. I'll post afterwards and tell you what kind of deal I am offered. I haven't heard anyone mention whether or not they traded in another vehicle at the time, or these were purely "money only" offers from the dealers. I know they play with trade in offers to make the deal on the new vehicle look better some times. I can go either way. I have a vehicle that I may or may not trade in. I previously hadn't considered trading something, but I got a "surprise" from my MB this weekend ...

Old 01-14-2011, 10:05 AM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
As posted before my 2010 4S discounted about 17% with a August purchase date. Was in stock.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
RichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the roughRichS2010 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ThunderRolls
I will be test driving / negotiating a 2011 on Monday. MSRP is $82k. I'll post afterwards and tell you what kind of deal I am offered. I haven't heard anyone mention whether or not they traded in another vehicle at the time, or these were purely "money only" offers from the dealers. I know they play with trade in offers to make the deal on the new vehicle look better some times. I can go either way. I have a vehicle that I may or may not trade in. I previously hadn't considered trading something, but I got a "surprise" from my MB this weekend ...
The discounts I have posted are straight purchase deals - No trade-in.

What was your MB "surprise"?

Old 01-14-2011, 01:31 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
It is a CLK500 I had bought from my mother a few years ago. It always seems to have some issue, so I haven't been super pleased. For example, it has a regular speedometer and a digital readout. The arm on the speedometer quit working, and can't be fixed without replacing the entire unit for $1,800. Even though it is now a known problem, MB will not fix it. They did with another model, but refuse with this series. Anyway, I had a rear blowout this past week after 6,000 miles on this set of Michelin's and a realignment. The inner part of the rears were worn to the belt while the outside looked new. We put it on the rack and apparently there is no material camber adjustment on these cars, and the alignment was still in spec. I was going to give this car to my daughter, but I don't want to keep dealing with the hassles so I told her to look for a Toyota ...

Last edited by ThunderRolls; 01-14-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Final verdict is in ... I'm not much of a haggler, but I am satisfied with the car and the deal. I decided to trade in the CLK and get it out of my hair, so that complicates the numbers just a little bit. So, for purposes of this, I will use the KBB value of my car (which is more than I expected to be offered for it). 2011 Pana - $82,500 2003 CLK - (10,000) Discount - (5,500) Net paid - $67,000 Estimated discount - 6.7% Time to go cruisin'....

Old 01-17-2011, 07:38 PM
hagel is infamous around these parts
Congrats! It's a great car so I'm sure you're going to love it... and that's all that really matters!

Old 01-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Dr Chill is infamous around these parts
Sounds like a pretty fair deal because manheim 2003 CLK500's in avg condition have been bringing $7000-10,000.

Enjoy your new car. Invest in one of these to help with the poor side visibility. It really helped.

www.totalviewtv.com

Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 PM
I was actually expecting $8k on the CLK. Dealer said he would only give 5% off sticker, but would give me $11k on the CLK. No need to argue the finer points if we wind up at the same place, right? I felt it was a fair deal, and they are big boys who know the game better than I do. So I said done deal! Before we walked in, I told my wife best case scenario was net $65k and worst was $70k. BTW, he put me in a well optioned 4S at $116k and it was tempting ...

Old 01-18-2011, 06:32 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Congrats!!!

Old 01-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Congrats! Enjoy it.

Great that you were able to package your CLK problem into the deal. A win-win for you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Price Check - Pana 6 cyl