Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Exhaust add-on at the dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 10:34 AM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Sport Exhaust add-on at the dealer?

I heard that all the exhausts (at least on the Turbo) have the valves to give it the extra rumble. Is there a way that a non-SE car can be programmed/added switch/permanently manually open, the valves?

I know that most people just change the exhaust, but so far I don't like any of the exhaust notes out there, and I'd rather wait for more options from different vendors down the road.

In the meantime, I would like to keep stock but a tad louder.

Is it doable?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Sinan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
I heard that all the exhausts (at least on the Turbo) have the valves to give it the extra rumble. Is there a way that a non-SE car can be programmed/added switch/permanently manually open, the valves?

I know that most people just change the exhaust, but so far I don't like any of the exhaust notes out there, and I'd rather wait for more options from different vendors down the road.

In the meantime, I would like to keep stock but a tad louder.

Is it doable?
Very easily doable (at least I know it is on the turbo) both with Sport Exhaust and standard exhaust bc they both have valves. All you have to do is to tighten the valves so they always stay open. They did mine at the dealer for free! Just ask them nicely.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Is it easy as a DIY? Sounds like it? Or they need to program it?

Thanks.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Would be interested to know if this can be done for the NA v8 cars as well. Where do they tighten the valve? on the actual muffler? or pipes that leads to the mufflers.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
I was thinking of just disconnecting the power to the motors that open the valves when they are in the open position so I don't have to hit the sport exhaust button when I start the car every time.

I'll go crawl under my car later and see if that is an easy solution.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:26 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
i'm talking about if you have the standard exhaust, can you make it louder...

Old 08-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by dhh
I was thinking of just disconnecting the power to the motors that open the valves when they are in the open position so I don't have to hit the sport exhaust button when I start the car every time.

I'll go crawl under my car later and see if that is an easy solution.
I'd appreciate if you report back.

Thanks.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:28 PM
E63911K12 has a spectacular aura aboutE63911K12 has a spectacular aura about
Before I had an after market system installed, I did a similar experiment on my PTT (although I wanted one, my car did not come with the sport exhaust). When the car is not running, the valve is in the open position, so what I did was to disconnect the vacuum line and plug it to keep the valve always in the open position.

The sound was better, but in my taste, still lacking - thus the after market. Sounds much better, but have to live with some drone. I'm still looking for the perfect exhaust system.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 PM
aottley will become famous soon enoughaottley will become famous soon enough
PTT exhaust

If you are interested in an aftermarket setup with no drone, AWE tuning is the way to go. I just had there exhaust installed on my PTT. It is awesome with zero drone. My car had the sport exhaust system but I was not satisfied with the sound.

If you are set on the sport exhaust system and you live on the east coast, you can have mine. PM me and we can discuss the details.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by aottley
If you are interested in an aftermarket setup with no drone, AWE tuning is the way to go. I just had there exhaust installed on my PTT. It is awesome with zero drone. My car had the sport exhaust system but I was not satisfied with the sound.

If you are set on the sport exhaust system and you live on the east coast, you can have mine. PM me and we can discuss the details.
Now to the sport exhaust vs standard. I thought that the only difference between the two was that the standard didn't have the button in the console to open the valves.

What other difference is there between the two. The tips?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by aottley

I love how awe sounds, and was thinking to order one. However, im not a big fan of their exhaust tips, they look a bit out of place. Oem exhaust tips flow better with the rear apron, theirs look ... I have not seen them in person however.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by jyupitt1
I love how awe sounds, and was thinking to order one. However, im not a big fan of their exhaust tips, they look a bit out of place. Oem exhaust tips flow better with the rear apron, theirs look ... I have not seen them in person however.

You hit the nail right on the head. It's tough to deviate from the OEM tips due to the shape of the car, If you put sticks coming out, well it will like like that. The OEM look, goes really well with the back of this car, as much as I hate OEM stuff, this is one I can not complain about.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 AM
https://picasaweb.google.com/anroyot...eat=directlinkThe tips are black chrome dual 3.5"
I personally think dual 4" would look better. The alignment and stagger are perfect. Here is a pic. I will try to post a better one later

https://picasaweb.google.com/anroyottley/August252011?authuser=0&feat=directlinkThe

Last edited by aottley; 08-25-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:48 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
I didn't think AWE had exhaust for turbo yet? I know they had one for the non turbo, but last time I inquired they said turbo exhaust wasn't available - did this change? I have their pipes on my wife's S5 Cabriolet and they sound really nice.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:28 AM
My car was the prototype for the turbo exhaust. It is available now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sport Exhaust add-on at the dealer?