Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Panamera Turbo Saga

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 05:16 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by fahren
Yes, you can. Just like with normal MF wheel, you need to switch the multi-function display to the "Audio" menu and select a radio station from there. The only difference is that you use lever for that, while on the MF steering wheel you use the right rotary ****. The principle is the same.
Fantastic! Believe it or not, this was one of the biggest reasons I wasn't sure about the Panamera. It sounds ridiculous, but I just didn't think I could handle fumbling a button on the console every time I wanted to change. Right now I change stations whenever an ad comes on, and I've got steering wheel control on my M5. Using the buttons to shift was a non-starter for me.

I was thinking about the Techart kit, but that's very expensive, and I was having a problem with the buttons being there in addition to the paddles - not very clean. The sport wheel looks fantastic, and if I can easily blip back and forth between my satellite stations, it should work for me. The Panamera is back in the mix with the F10 M5!

Now, if i could just get the sport seats with ventilation...

Old 08-26-2011, 01:31 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Now, if i could just get the sport seats with ventilation...
This is one of those things I dont get... Why is this not possible???

Old 04-02-2019, 09:11 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kip
This is one of those things I dont get... Why is this not possible???
I KNOW! I love the sport seats but the cooled option would be GREAT in S.FL!

Old 04-04-2019, 08:00 AM
Paul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond reputePaul Rathjen has a reputation beyond repute
Cooling works on the Panamera quite well. Its not worth loosing for the sport seats!

I wish someone could 3d print some paddle shifter extensions for the multifunction wheel. In my opinion being able to go up / down with either paddle is far superior to the sport wheel (although I like the looks of the sport wheel). When the shifters move with the wheel and aren't attached to the column, you have to keep track of where each is to actually use the paddles. Its stupid. With the multifunction wheel you don't - you can use whichever is in reach and know precisely how to shift.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:17 PM
LGARCIA will become famous soon enough
Hey Paul, check these out...
http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...ms-por-pdk.htm
Not a cheap alternative but it’s the only option I’ve seen out there ....
I think with these you do upshift with one and downshift with the other so you would lose that OEM functionality where you can use either one.

Last edited by LGARCIA; 04-05-2019 at 11:19 PM.