Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche drops to second from last in Consumer's Reports Quality Survey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:26 AM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Porsche drops to 25 places to second from last in Consumer's Reports Quality Survey

Uh - well at least we beat Jaguar. Looks like the Panamera and new Cayenne deep sixed Porsche. Certainly my second Panamera is far superior to my first in quality. A drop from #2 to #27 - that hurts.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Truble10 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing. These results are a little skewed as the 911 is in the last years of production for the 997 model where the Cayenne is a new model run. Always kinks to work out with a new model.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:49 PM
saeyedoc will become famous soon enoughsaeyedoc will become famous soon enough
I read in another forum that this was based just on those two models (Cayenne and 911), Panamera not included.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:57 PM
charles06 is on a distinguished road
I read another report on the "most problems per 100 units sold", and Porsche was in the top 6. And in that same report, Scion was very low, but #1 in this report. Doesn't seem like things add up.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:18 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I have to say I am not surprised. In my 997tt there was never any problem. In this car, the sports exhaust end pipes were oxidated, the Panamera text was developing wartlike bubbles and the engine opening cover kept falling off, in a one year old car??? I have to thank the dealer here, they fixed all up, but still not Porsche standard...

Old 10-25-2011, 02:54 PM
dhh
My sport exhaust tips were replaced also for oxidizing

Old 10-25-2011, 08:06 PM
jisuro is on a distinguished road
The lever to open the front hood on my p4s fell off the second day after I bought it!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 PM
carbonpanamera is on a distinguished road
Too bad, I already bought the car..... hahahaha

Old 10-26-2011, 05:15 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
You guys didn't buy the Porsche brand for its reliability, did you?
My Lexus has never been in the shop....but there are many days I daydream about driving a 911 turbo.

I love my Lexus but it has never caused an emotional response related to driving it. C'mon guys, you can't have everything.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:16 PM
calexand is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
I read in another forum that this was based just on those two models (Cayenne and 911), Panamera not included.
That is correct. The Consumer Reports data says that in the footnotes. Those were the only two models for which they had sufficient data. The previous year, they were second from the top, so it appears that a lot of it had to do with the first year of the new Cayenne. That was said explicitly as well in a discussion of the numbers Consumer Reports also reported.

Chip

Last edited by calexand; 10-26-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:12 PM
NHART is on a distinguished road
Unfortunatley if the Panamera had been included I am pretty sure Porsche would of been dead last! My Panamera Turbo has been off the road and in the shop for 26 days!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:00 PM
dhh
Originally Posted by NHART
Unfortunatley if the Panamera had been included I am pretty sure Porsche would of been dead last! My Panamera Turbo has been off the road and in the shop for 26 days!
Make sure you meticulously track your issues and days out of service - Porsche will be very interested in your issues if you address it with them directly.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:12 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NHART
Please post the issues you have had. I agree that the Panamera wouldnt have pulled the result upwards.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:02 PM
chrisamgyeung is on a distinguished road
I'm actually not too surprised...I had a 2011 Cayenne S and now a 2011 Panamera 4S. Don't get me wrong, I love Porsche and always have one in my garage, but they build quality has been sub-par.

My new Cayenne was a rattle box and sounded cheaper than the rental Chryslers I get. My Panamera still has occasional rattles, but is way better than the Cayenne in terms of build quality.

Regardless of these things, I still love the brand and will continue to buy.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:40 AM
NHART is on a distinguished road
In 7000 miles my turbo has had: failed air con (twice), air zone controller failure, chassis failure due to failed air compressor and other parts replaced or updated too numerous to detail. 30 days off-road and NY lemon law kicks in so I shall refrain from being too detailed. But after 9 porsches since 1999 this was the first to ever leave me stranded 220 miles frm home with consumer service akin to owning a VW - Oh wait, thay are the same! I still own 2 911's and a Carerra GT and love driving them but excuse me if I feel a little let down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche drops to second from last in Consumer's Reports Quality Survey