Sponsored by:

Turbo spoiler installed on my 4s...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 05:13 PM
RobertGTS is on a distinguished road
Turbo spoiler installed on my 4s...

deleted

Last edited by RobertGTS; 11-13-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
But if you car is a 4S, will any future various software updates convert the setting of the spoiler back to 4S? Since everything go by the VIN #, so Porsche will always 'remember' your Panamera as a 4S and it's various settings.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
Finally someone has done it!! Robert can you please share with us the detail how to convert to Turbo spoiler?? Im extremely interested, thanks a mil!

Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
j080808 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JMC8
Finally someone has done it!! Robert can you please share with us the detail how to convert to Turbo spoiler?? Im extremely interested, thanks a mil!
Ditto!

Old 02-09-2012, 09:58 AM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
ouch!! thanks for telling us, Im leaning towards Mansory spoiler now... hahaha, BTW matte gray looks insane man!!

Old 02-09-2012, 05:32 PM
j080808 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the heads-up. I would have thought it would be plug and play with some programming, rewiring it is not on my agenda.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:49 PM
There should have been some kind of mechanical stopper to prevent the spoiler from lowering unless the wings have retracted. It should have been relatively easy to design.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:20 PM
The rear of the sunroof can be raised for ventilation, you can directly slide open the sunroof from this position, there is an automatic mechanism to lower the rear of the sunroof before the sliding movement kicks in. The up/down and sliding movements of the sunroof seem to be mechanically linked and not software based, after all, power sunroofs have been around for decades. The spoiler and the wings seem to move independently and each movement is software controlled. It is properly cheaper this way then having some kind of mechanical linkage between the two systems.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:16 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RobertGTS
I said the same thing to my dealer... I can assure you, there isn't
Do you have the information from the dealer who did the install. I am interested in this modification as well. I'm wondering which cable did he need to add from the front of the car... Thanks in advance

Old 07-20-2013, 02:40 PM
porsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud ofporsched4ed has much to be proud of
Found a shop by Porsche of Annapolis (Maryland) that did the install and programming

Old 10-03-2013, 09:51 PM
old_exodus is on a distinguished road
Which shop in Annapolis did the install and programming? I would like to get it done as well. Was it expensive?

Old 10-05-2013, 11:50 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
went with Hofele...

honestly the "turbo" spoiler which I have is very small and doesnt do the car or the lines of the car justice that's why I added the Hofele, IMO balances out the rear look of the car

oh yeah and I replaced the rear bumper also....

so IMHO if you have a non- turbo I would avoid the nightmare as described above because alot of options for nice clean looking spoilers, just google image search

the turbo wing I have I left in the up position anyway, it is not as great as people who dont have one think they are

Attached Images   
Old 10-05-2013, 07:13 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

Originally Posted by tom kerr
went with Hofele...

honestly the "turbo" spoiler which I have is very small and doesnt do the car or the lines of the car justice that's why I added the Hofele, IMO balances out the rear look of the car

oh yeah and I replaced the rear bumper also....

so IMHO if you have a non- turbo I would avoid the nightmare as described above because alot of options for nice clean looking spoilers, just google image search

the turbo wing I have I left in the up position anyway, it is not as great as people who dont have one think they are
First time I have ever disagreed with you....when my spoiler rises and then splits...man, I get a "rise"....

It's so simple yet so damn cool, because you never, ever see it on any other sedan....go porsche!

Old 10-06-2013, 04:59 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cole328
First time I have ever disagreed with you....when my spoiler rises and then splits...man, I get a "rise"....

It's so simple yet so damn cool, because you never, ever see it on any other sedan....go porsche!
I agree but mine still does

Old 10-14-2013, 10:12 PM
GreenGoblin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by porsched4ed
Found a shop by Porsche of Annapolis (Maryland) that did the install and programming http://youtu.be/IhlSwvaXKKI
Do you have any more info on this?