Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Panamera Turbo - NIGHTMARE! Anyone else having issues with this model?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 01:21 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
I would not be satisfied with 'squeaky' brakes. The noise is caused by vibration of the caliper during brake pressure. This can be fixed by changing pad compound and/or placing brake grease in the right spots. No way I would just accept it.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:04 PM
thstone is on a distinguished road
Wow, that is a long list of issues for a brand new $150K car.

You'd think that Porsche would do more to address the problems but history (986/996 issues, 987/997 issues, etc) says otherwise.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:10 PM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Brian pranoto
I have the PCCB on my 2010 turbo and yes they do squeek. mine apparently squeeks louder when braking while turning. im gonna go ask porsche to do something about this. 150k car with squeeky brakes -__- So much for a porsche hahaha
Braking while turning at low speed. Its so annoying!!! I've complained about it until I'm blue in the face. The service guy said "there will be some noise" but this is pathetic.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:47 PM
webair is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
All my cars have had squeaky brakes, I sometimes put the e-brake if I get somewhere where there a lot of people and I do not want to be embarrassed. BMW, Ford, Porsche, all squeak one more than the others. I just learned to live with it.

Now the other gremlins are to be looked at. There was a recall on the cooling and thermostat, mine was done once it was at the dealer for something else. Knock on wood flawless so far.
Yes I was thinking the recall could have been the cause of all of this as well.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Sly Tuna is on a distinguished road
That had to be very frustrating. Sorry to hear about your misfortune!

Old 05-16-2012, 11:56 PM
ptn100 is on a distinguished road
wow...all these issues

Old 05-17-2012, 05:41 AM
JAX GT3 is on a distinguished road
Whining, My Gosh!!

Ceramic brakes are designed for high-speed racing and need to get hot to be fully effective. Standard steel brakes are a much better choice for a street car that is never tracked, such as a Panamera. If you choose Ceramic, they'll be noisy; End of sentence. It is well documented. No issue.

Having problems with a simple thermostat is not an issue.

If you have the front wheels at full lock and use the brakes, you'll get a knocking kinda noise. No big deal.

Relax and have a Cigar!!

JohnnyB

Old 05-17-2012, 07:04 AM
vitaman will become famous soon enough
I did searches about Ceramics and noise here and on Rennlist exhaustively before ordering them on my CTT (same or similar size as the Panamera I believe). The predominance of no noise reports led me to pull the trigger on them. After 1 month, I have had zero noise. They are the quietest and fastest stopping brakes I have ever experienced......... I would persist with your Dealer to have that fixed.
I am getting a shuddering sensation when stopping hard but that is another issue entirely.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Johnsoto11226 is a name known to allJohnsoto11226 is a name known to allJohnsoto11226 is a name known to allJohnsoto11226 is a name known to allJohnsoto11226 is a name known to allJohnsoto11226 is a name known to all
Thats an rare issue

Old 05-18-2012, 08:09 AM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
I've found that noisy brakes are common, especially in colder climates, and for customers who frequently brake lightly. The rotors get glazed over, and it causes squeaks. Often, doing several hard, full stops in succession will de-glaze the rotors, and the brakes will be quiet for a while. You bought a high-performance car, with brakes to match. Use them.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by webair
This is my third Porsche. Never in all my years as a Porsche owner have i had so many issues. Nine service receipts, one recall, a grand total of 30 days in the shop!

It all started about 4 months ago, I was driving home from work when all of the coolant suddenly drained from my car. I had to have it towed to the dealership. According to the service receipt they replaced the following:

- O-ring
- AS Thermostat housing
- Sealing Thermostat MSI
- Sealing Ring
- Sealing water pump
- Clamp dust boot
- Rubber O Ring
- Rubber O Ring
- Sealing Throttle

Time required to RR thermostat Housing ASM Pressure Test Cooling System/Extended Road Test OK.

-----------------------

After this issue it has been one thing after another. On three separate occasions, the temperature would shoot to 250 degrees and give me a Check Coolant Level Alert, then snap back to normal after i pulled over, shut the car down and started it back up. They replaced the temp thermostat to address this issue. I've had the car back 4 days now and so far so good.

I'm wondering if all of this had anything do do with the recall. This all started directly after the recall. The biggest issue now is my car smells like antifreeze on occasion, not happy about that.

One other thing I should mention is the brakes squeal like a bus! I complained about this multiple times only to be told that this is normal, and due to the high performance brake pads they chose to go with, squealing noise is to be expected. While i'm all for 'high performance' this is a bit overboard IMHO.

Porsche did send me a check for one months credit for the inconvenience (which I didn't cash yet), but I think that offer is just too little for so many issues. I don't want to go through the process of Lemon Law, but I do think the car should be replaced, especially since I am a recurring client.

Is anyone else having similar issues with their Panamera? Thoughts, comments, feedback?

M
So is this the fix for a Panamera Turbo overheating? We have 2010 Turbo, wife came home today and said temp was up to 250. Anyone else have these overheating issues?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:56 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dhh
My 2010 4S was a true nightmare - my 2011 PTT has been bullet proof - just write the chairman of PCNA a letter and be nice but clear - that helped move my 4S issues along - PCNA was very very accomodating.
+1, my 2011 PTT has been rock solid with no issues other than faster oil consumption than I expected but not out of the norm. Hope your issue get resolved.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:27 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by XR4Tim
I've found that noisy brakes are common, especially in colder climates, and for customers who frequently brake lightly. The rotors get glazed over, and it causes squeaks. Often, doing several hard, full stops in succession will de-glaze the rotors, and the brakes will be quiet for a while. You bought a high-performance car, with brakes to match. Use them.

I do brake lightly most of the time, and I would say this is why mine squeak. When I wash the brakes it stops for couple days, then it comes back.

I have tried the full HARD stops and it does not fix the problem.

I might just have the pads re-lubed and see what happens.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:26 AM
Gabbypig is on a distinguished road
I just had the same failure as the OP! The coolant tube that connects the thermostat housiing to the upper radiator hose just poped out from the thermostat housing and dropped about 2 qts of coolant. The tube is fastened with epoxy that apparantly can fail after repeated heat/cool cycles. Th epoxy application was visibly insufficient with uneven coverage. This is not news to PCNA and is common in the GT2 & GT3 platform (amongst others, see pinned thread at top). We are likely to see a big growth in this issue in the Panmera line.

Car goes into dealer tomorrow.

2012 V6

Old 07-01-2013, 05:34 PM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
You guys are scaring me away from the Panamera. My 550 lease is up next May and I am now actively researching it as an alternative. I love the looks of the Porsche (although haven't test driven one yet) but don't want any mechanical headaches. Emotionally, I want to pull the trigger. Please reassure me that I am pointed in the right direction.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 Panamera Turbo - NIGHTMARE! Anyone else having issues with this model?