Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fair Price on CPO 2010 Panamera S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 02:15 PM
nysupraman is on a distinguished road
Fair Price on CPO 2010 Panamera S?

Stepped into the Porsche dealership the other day and happened to fall in love with a Blue/Brown 2010 Panny S demo with 6800mi... Never owned a Porsche before and I know the option list is crazy, but it seemed pretty loaded with Sport Exhaust and all. The MSRP brand new on the car is a little over $110k... I walked in at almost closing and didn't get a chance to test drive her and the salesman wanted to close up shop quick, but he did start her up for me. He quickly was able to run inside and check the selling price was $79k. Is this a fair price? I hope to go back soon to test drive her. What kind of things should I look into or ask about trying to buy a used Panny? What kind of monthly payments am I looking into?

Currently driving a 2008 IS-F.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:38 AM
toughluck is on a distinguished road
79K is a good starting point but definitely push for a lower price. Also negotiate the following: Service Maintenance Plan or similar, Free update to NAV, free USB cable, free floor mats and retractable cargo cover, ask for tire balance scorecard, discounts on new tires, have them cover or discount tire warranty, ding warranty, CPO the car, clearbra or have them include subscription to XM.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the response, is that not asking for too much? I don't know how willing Porsche dealerships usually are, but I'll definetly take your advice and ask them for all of it!

Old 07-30-2012, 08:29 AM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
Without the full list of specs, it will be difficult to get a impression of what the market value should be. Take some time to check on the obvious websites for what the running market price is for cars with the same/similar options -cars.com, autotraders and the like. 2010 is an early model year and may be more prone to some glitches, make sure you get a CPO on it. You can ask for a whole bunch of stuff as toughluck mentioned but that will not get you any where. The CPO though is critical. Regardsless of the specs, 79K without CPO is on the high side for an S. Drive it and be convinced before making a decision.There are a number of Pannys out there.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:08 AM
toughluck is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nysupraman
Thanks for the response, is that not asking for too much? I don't know how willing Porsche dealerships usually are, but I'll definetly take your advice and ask them for all of it!
I didn't say you had to ask for everything. Take everything within reason but keep my list in your pocket for reference when you negotiate.

Yeah, also options list is important. Some options are non-negotiable, such as Entry & Drive (so hard to search using that option name), heated seats, ventilation, Chrono, memory seats, and XM...

Old 07-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Tripleblack will become famous soon enoughTripleblack will become famous soon enough
I paid 80k for my 2010 S demo with 5k mi. 6months ago. Original MSRP 106k. No CPO but I do have the entire 4yr warranty. Price is not bad IMO but I'd push for a lower price. My dealer told me that Porsche is tightly limiting the supply of Panameras. There is no surplus inventory. When they sell that demo they will be able to get another(probably more profitable) Panamera. BTW does the CPO mean your car has been previously listed as sold? Is it really a demo?

Old 07-31-2012, 01:44 PM
zhecks is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tripleblack
I paid 80k for my 2010 S demo with 5k mi. 6months ago. Original MSRP 106k. No CPO but I do have the entire 4yr warranty. Price is not bad IMO but I'd push for a lower price. My dealer told me that Porsche is tightly limiting the supply of Panameras. There is no surplus inventory. When they sell that demo they will be able to get another(probably more profitable) Panamera. BTW does the CPO mean your car has been previously listed as sold? Is it really a demo?

If you know how to negotiate and work hard at it, you can definitely get a 2012 Panny S under $90K (since 2013 is out already). I got my 2012 at $90K. we have a lot of inventory here in CA. Not sure if you are buying or leasing. Porsche is having a promotion on leasing.

I would take a look at the 2012 left over inventory first before looking at a 3 years old demo with 6K miles on it.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Well the car was infact a DEMO selling as brand new... so I passed. Found two others that maybe you guys can give me some insight on.

First one is a 2010 White/Tan 4S listed at 85k with 22k miles... options from pictures are as follows: Sport Chrono Package, PASM, 14 way adjustable seats.

The other is a 2010 White/Blk 4S listed at 83k with 9k miles... options are Sport Chrono Package.

What do you guys think?