Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift Points on a Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 08:51 AM
Big_Tex is an unknown quantity at this point
I found I could use the proper jack points with the addition of a bottle jack. Sounds awkward, but once I had the process, it was very fast.

1. Lift with normal floor jack, using outboard jack points.
2. Insert bottle jack to inner jack point, lift just enough to remove first jack.
3. Insert jack stand under outboard jack point, lower bottle jack, remove.

Repeat on other side, car is now well in the air and solidly supported with jack stands.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:22 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
That was one thing I was contemplating, bottle jacks. Wallie world has them cheap for 15 bucks each and their contacts are small. Was going to check if they would fit. Now I will have to really look into them. Thanks.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:26 AM
Picked mine up from Harbor Freight. Took two tries to get the right height capability and footprint, but definitely worked.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:36 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Awesome. I will take a look for sure. There is a H* F* near by too, so will be easy.

I would be using front ramps to put front tires on them. Then, would lift the back of car using car jack, by the cross frame member going under differential. Once tires up in the air, would put these bottle jacks under each side, raise to match height, and then remove the jack from frame.

Thanks again.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:29 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I forgot about inner points, can they be reached with a low profile floor jack? Are there inner points for both front and rear?

Old 05-17-2018, 11:47 AM
I had a couple of floor jacks available but couldn't find any combination, inner and outer, that worked to free up space for the jack stands.

Yes, both front and back have inner points. Only problem is that they are very close to the outers.

Old 05-17-2018, 03:14 PM
lesliew is an unknown quantity at this point
Copied from http://www.insanegarage.com/lifting-...ngs-need-know/

Outer and inner jacking points

Information

When raising the vehicle at the inner jacking points, remember the following:
Before positioning the vehicle on the rear, inner jacking points, remove the -transverse strut- – danger of breaking the transverse strut! => Transverse strut mounting

Last edited by lesliew; 05-17-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:26 AM
Registered PM
Mozella is on a distinguished road
I don't like getting under a car supported only on a jack or multiple jacks. So the "remove transverse strut first" sounds a little bit dangerous. If I lift the back of my Panamera by the two outboard normal jack points, I have to get under there to remove the strut assembly before I can settle the car down on jack stands. Meanwhile, the car is supported on my two floor jacks. I really don't like that idea.
Has anyone actually lifted their Panamera by the structural member protecting the differential, using it as a central lift point? I know Porsche doesn't recommend this.

Old 09-30-2020, 09:47 AM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
ciaka has, do believe he has a picture in one of his DIY threads showing just that

Old 10-02-2020, 08:44 AM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
I bought a Quickjack and have never looked back...

Old 10-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Nikita4Ever is an unknown quantity at this point
I purchased the Quick Jack from Costco but returned it because it couldn't handle my 911, cayenne, and PTT. It couldn't handle the different sizes.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Nikita4Ever
I purchased the Quick Jack from Costco but returned it because it couldn't handle my 911, cayenne, and PTT. It couldn't handle the different sizes.
which model did you get? You have to measure between jack points. I do my Cayman and bought the extenders to do my PTT.

Old 10-07-2020, 12:54 PM
StrassenKurven is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by stealthn
which model did you get? You have to measure between jack points. I do my Cayman and bought the extenders to do my PTT.
which model do you have? I'll need one that can lift my Panamera and my wife's Atlas, but will also work for a 987 or 996 or 997 in the future.

Old 10-07-2020, 01:02 PM
Pretty sure I have this one: BL-5000SLX with the extensions for the Panamera: SLX Frame Extensions

I weighed the PTT and it's 4365 without me in it

Old 10-07-2020, 01:05 PM
Nikita4Ever is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate wasting money. I want one that can handle my 911, cayenne, and Panamera. I really don't care about my wife’s nissan maxima. LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lift Points on a Panamera