Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP: Please observe your oil temp gauge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 11:03 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
HELP: Please observe your oil temp gauge

Could all PTT owners and maybe also other V8 owners post if their oil temp gauge rises to a certain temp and stays there. I am pretty sure before the turbo recall my gauge was very stable, now it jumps between 80 and around 87-90 celsius, while the oil pressure gauge is almost less mobile. I am 100% sure they ****ed up something again, but after a week in the shop, they said that they found nothing wrong. All else seems to be working better now and my minimum fuel consumption seems to have dropped from 10 to 8.5 l/100km with the recall and the 0.1bar turbo pressure reading at idle is now 0, wierd.

Please help with observations as I am about to contact Stuttgart, because I am running out of patience. My next closest dealer is in Sweden...

Will post video once I get home from my trip.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kip
Could all PTT owners and maybe also other V8 owners post if their oil temp gauge rises to a certain temp and stays there. I am pretty sure before the turbo recall my gauge was very stable, now it jumps between 80 and around 87-90 celsius, while the oil pressure gauge is almost less mobile. I am 100% sure they ****ed up something again, but after a week in the shop, they said that they found nothing wrong. All else seems to be working better now and my minimum fuel consumption seems to have dropped from 10 to 8.5 l/100km with the recall and the 0.1bar turbo pressure reading at idle is now 0, wierd.

Please help with observations as I am about to contact Stuttgart, because I am running out of patience. My next closest dealer is in Sweden...

Will post video once I get home from my trip.
Kip, I can tell you that my oil temp is around 210 F an it fluctuates to 212-215 at normal driving.
The Boost pressure at idle has to read 0, I get 0.1 only when I hit on it. For example when Im driving and I'm just chilling the gauge reads 0, if I want to change lanes and I hit on the gas then it starts moving. At idle is at 0 all the time.
I have never bothered with the oil gauge so I'll have to take a look at it.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:16 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Thanks, probably my turbos were failing too and my consumption was higher than should have.

To describe the oil temp gauge movement more accurately, it goes up and down in normal driving or idle and changes almost every second. Will have to post vid vhen can.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:44 PM
kip
Here is a video of how it works while the car is idleing.

http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums/...t=d09bad8e.mp4

Managed to post it from my mobile...

Just want to be sure that this is not just something I didnt notice before.

Last edited by kip; 09-14-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:19 PM
nova996 is on a distinguished road
Seems rather impossible that the actual temperature could fluctuate that quickly. There must be something wrong with the sensor or gauge, right?

Old 09-14-2012, 04:23 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Kip, just got in my car and all gauges are as steady can be... They move at a very steady rate... Not back and forth like that... Sorry...

Old 09-14-2012, 07:49 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
I've got a 4S, both temps stick pretty close to 200 degrees F...no matter what I'm doing or the outside temp.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:12 AM
kip
Thanks to all. The problem with this was that I am a gauge man, I always check them. I was sure it wasnt like that before, but wanted to check. One thinks it impossible for them to manage to brake something while repairing other things and in addition my tech ALWAYS says its normal.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:27 AM
kip
Originally Posted by nova996
Seems rather impossible that the actual temperature could fluctuate that quickly. There must be something wrong with the sensor or gauge, right?
This is word to word what I said to my tech, he said its normal. Must be some oil to cool 10degrees in 1s

Old 09-15-2012, 03:13 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
That's definitely not normal for the gauge and my 2013 boost pressure idles at 0 as well.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:12 PM
jjrho is on a distinguished road
oil temp gauge

kip, did u ever figure out re: oil temp gauge?

my car does the same thing….it used to be very steady and now it goes up and down by 10 to 15 deg F swings….and sometimes it's steady at 200F….

i think something is wrong…..the oil temp. sensor or the wires to it are loose ??

james R
Pan S

Old 01-03-2015, 02:40 AM
kip
They first changed the gauges, but that was nonsense. They never told me exactly what fixed it, but one of the mechanics was at a tutorial meeting in Germany and he got advice from there and they just said to me that it was a wire issue. Now its ok. It fixed all kinds of Gremlins like oil pressure gauge also stopped working and the car went into limp mode. I suspect it was the only real issue in this car. My dealer is not in very good terms with me after I have complaibed a lot, but it is the only ONLY dealer here, so I cant get you more detailed information, sorry.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:38 AM
jjrho is on a distinguished road
oil temp and pressure

wow….ok…hum… my oil pressure is responding but i wish they told you what wire issues they found with the oil temp. side…. changed gauge on the dash board first ?? that didn't fix it right ? it was the wires maybe loose on the sensor ? that would have been a simple fix… ?@??

jim R

Old 01-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Bader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud ofBader996 has much to be proud of
So , which wire do you guys think , mine is doing the same thing

Old 01-20-2015, 02:04 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Daily driving is around 207-215 degree F but in sport mode it goes down to 187-193 degree F.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HELP: Please observe your oil temp gauge