Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow or black calipers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM
rzundel will become famous soon enough
Yellow or black calipers?

I found a great place to have my calipers painted. Wheel enhancement in SoCal will remove the calipers and send them off to the company who paints Brembo Brakes and have them painted the color of your choice all for about $1000. The decision I need to make now is red or yellow? I have a black Panamera with the 20" turbo II wheels. My instict tells me to stick with red like the Turbo but then I look at the Turbo S and see it have yellow calipers. Any thoughts?

Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 AM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Standard brakes on PTT/PTTS are painted red. PCCB are painted yellow.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:41 AM
keith27 will become famous soon enough
^yup. Stick with what your car came with. My .02

Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 AM
AndyLH335 has a spectacular aura aboutAndyLH335 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by keith27
^yup. Stick with what your car came with. My .02
+1, Yellow are for PCCB only.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by tonyep
Standard brakes on PTT/PTTS are painted red. PCCB are painted yellow.
Are the standard brakes on the PTT/PTTS that are red the same calipers used on the base Panamera? They sure look like 6 piston front and 4 piston rear. Also, aren't red calipers on a base or S optional to begin with?

Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Base gets black... S gets silver... GTS, Turbo, and Turbo S get red.... PCCB are yellow.

I think that's how it goes. Clear as mud, lol

Old 11-16-2012, 03:49 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by rzundel
Are the standard brakes on the PTT/PTTS that are red the same calipers used on the base Panamera? They sure look like 6 piston front and 4 piston rear. Also, aren't red calipers on a base or S optional to begin with?
All models come with 6 piston front and 4 piston rear. The PTT/PTTS gets a larger brake disc for the front and rear.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Paint them whatever color you want, who cares what model comes with what color. One thing that has always pissed me off about Porsche. Ferrari and Lamborghini let us get our calipers in whatever color we want. Porsche, at the prices they charge should too. Still laugh at the new GTR's, who came up with copper as a great color, LOL.

My 2 cents, Black would look better with yellow, but take a look at some photos and decide for yourself. Red looks great too though on black.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:45 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I found a great place to have my calipers painted. Wheel enhancement in SoCal will remove the calipers and send them off to the company who paints Brembo Brakes and have them painted the color of your choice all for about $1000. The decision I need to make now is red or yellow? I have a black Panamera with the 20" turbo II wheels. My instict tells me to stick with red like the Turbo but then I look at the Turbo S and see it have yellow calipers. Any thoughts?
red will look great no question, but if you dont have a turbo you will have to deal with the poser questions, or wow I didnt know you upgraded to turbo brakes
for non-P-car guys no one will know and the red will look great, it is your car so do as you please!

Old 11-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
red will look great no question, but if you dont have a turbo you will have to deal with the poser questions, or wow I didnt know you upgraded to turbo brakes
for non-P-car guys no one will know and the red will look great, it is your car so do as you please!
You raise a real interesting question that was also raised earlier. In addition to the Panamera I also own a Ferrari and Maserati and the last thing someone would think is you are a poser because of the color of your calipers. Is this really what p-car guys think? I am looking to have my calipers repainted professionally (not a spray can) simply because I like the look of the big brakes showing through the wheels. I have this on my other cars mentioned above and simply like the look. Why Porsche choses to paint their big brake calipers black surprises me. I am looking to have these painted either porsche red or yellow so it's not like like am doing some odd one off color. That to me is poser. I have owned other Porsche (non-turbo) and the car came standard with red calipers. Is this color designation something unique to the Panamera?

Old 11-17-2012, 01:32 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
... the new GTR's, who came up with copper as a great color, ...
brembo.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Mattyrae will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
brembo.
Really? I believe Ferrari calipers are made by Brembo?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:03 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mattyrae
Really? I believe Ferrari calipers are made by Brembo?
Yes.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 AM
You raise a real interesting question that was also raised earlier. In addition to the Panamera I also own a Ferrari and Maserati and the last thing someone would think is you are a poser because of the color of your calipers. Is this really what p-car guys think? I am looking to have my calipers repainted professionally (not a spray can) simply because I like the look of the big brakes showing through the wheels. I have this on my other cars mentioned above and simply like the look. Why Porsche choses to paint their big brake calipers black surprises me. I am looking to have these painted either porsche red or yellow so it's not like like am doing some odd one off color. That to me is poser. I have owned other Porsche (non-turbo) and the car came standard with red calipers. Is this color designation something unique to the Panamera?
They are different across models... For example 991 comes with black, but 991S comes with the Turbo brakes, which are red.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !

wasnt trying to answer for all "p-guys" but just giving you an opinion

I totally agree with the red caliper look and that is the way I would go in your situation
but for Porsche, everything they do means or stands for something, like the yellow for the PCCB or for that matter even green calipers on their hybrid concept versions.

as for the Panamera the colors of the brakes, size and shape of intakes and vents all vary slightly between each model version. does it matter no.
would a front turbo bumper look better than what is on the standard V6 version, well it may to some. In the end it is your car and do as you please, who cares what p-guys say, and yes I am one

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yellow or black calipers?