Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launch Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:30 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Launch Control

OK...after months of anticipation of "using" LC, I am finally north of 2500 miles and technically able to start using it discretely. Issue is, a) car is so damn fun to drive hard in sports plus mode, I cannot even imagine a quicker acceleration off the line, and b) I am honestly "afraid" to try it....ha! In all seriousness, I guess I don't know where to find a suitable stretch of road where I can stop the car, engage LC and ride out the thrill ride..

I guess I should stop being a wussy and just do it already...feedback welcome....

Old 07-16-2013, 06:37 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Do it! It will put a smile on your face!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:22 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
The car goes straight... I do it anywhere paying attention to wheel spin if any.

Not the rukus you think it is, this car is too sophisticated for that.

Try it and stop being a little girl.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:31 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
The car goes straight... I do it anywhere paying attention to wheel spin if any.

Not the rukus you think it is, this car is too sophisticated for that.

Try it and stop being a little girl.
ha....I know...I am acting like a 'lil chick!

Old 07-17-2013, 09:45 AM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
I remember my service guy told me if I had done it, and I told him that no, that I was scared, he asked me if I wanted him to do it and I said NO! If someone was going to wreck the car it was going to be me.

Couple weeks later I did it and it put a big smile on my face, you'd be surprised how fast it goes, like a bat out of hell.

- Push brake pedal as hard as you can,
- Push gas pedal as hard as you can, or kick down switch (whatever you want to call it)
- Launch Control Activated will show on the screen,
- Hold the steering wheel like a man AND release brake pedal.
- Car will go straight as straight can be, if concerned give yourself some space, even though you do not need it. It sounded hard at first but when you do it, you realize the beauty of AWD and launch control, and how a well engineered car should get out of the hole.

Be ready to be amazed.

Try it NOW! It's not as bad as you think.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 AM
asfwp is on a distinguished road
I don't launch very often but have done it at stop signs, on clear roads, less often at the light because there're usually other cars around. It's so simple and quick to activate, but may wear the clutch faster.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the replies guys...will def try it tonight!

As mentioned in the OP, prior to getting the car, I thought I would be tempted to use it on a weekly basis. But, the car is just so dam fun in sport and sports + modes, with the paddles, that I have not found a need just yet.

Curious, for those that do it, or have done it, do you find yourself doing it every couple weeks?, every week? Or, just a few times to experience it, recognizing that the car is super fast off the line in sports+ if you want to have fun after a stop sign on way home

I just LOVE this big bad beatch GTS.....

Old 07-17-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't do it often at all, even mashing the pedal out of the whole is fine for me. I would only do it if the other car is faster than mine or if I want to show off. Otherwise I just mash the crap out of the pedal.

Doing it too often WILL shorten the life of your PDK or the clutch.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:51 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
unless in a drag race for money, I dont do it, no matter what anyone says it still stresses everything