Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rookie Question

Old 10-10-2013, 07:07 PM
pgeoph is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tonyep
Sorry but you're wrong. Bluetooth audio will never sounds as good as wired even if you device supports the non-mandatory codec. Most smartphones uses the SBC codec which converts your audio file to a lower quality before transmitting due to bluetooth bandwidth and processing power limitations.
My impression is that the phone is more sophisticated than the Porsche Bluetooth processor so you might have a point - however I can't tell the difference at 85mph! If you have more details on the Porsche BT module I'd love to see them. Maybe figure out exactly what it is doing...

All I know is that being able to connect to my phone regardless of where it is in the car (sport coat, briefcase, console) and access any track off a 64GB microSD card is pretty slick!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:54 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Digital does not equal to good sound quality. Bluetooth audio simply does not have the dynamic range of good music reproduction.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by pgeoph
My impression is that the phone is more sophisticated than the Porsche Bluetooth processor so you might have a point - however I can't tell the difference at 85mph! If you have more details on the Porsche BT module I'd love to see them. Maybe figure out exactly what it is doing...

All I know is that being able to connect to my phone regardless of where it is in the car (sport coat, briefcase, console) and access any track off a 64GB microSD card is pretty slick!
Being able to show album art when playing music through a connected iPod or USB stick is definitely more slick.

Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:52 PM
An upgrade to Burmester or Bose does not make any improvement to the Bluetooth protocol.