Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rookie Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 01:58 PM
CrockettHood is on a distinguished road
Rookie Question

So I got the Panamera delivered this morning. Now how in the world do I get the ipod to play? I plugged my ipod and then my iphone into the USB port in the middle console. The device said "connected." I went to the head unit and pushed the source button thinking it would give me an Ipod or auxiliary option. It didn't. The choices were am, fm, sat, disc. I got the manual out and referenced page 39, but I am obviously still missing something. Is it possible my car doesn't have Ipod integration?? I texted the gentleman I bought it from and he said that he always just used the ipod and iphone through bluetooth. My car states it has the following radio related options:
Bluetooth Phone Interface
Burmester
XM Satellite Radio
Universal Audio Interface

Someone help!!

Old 10-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
I use the USB for my iPod (Nano) and Bluetooth for my phone (Galaxy Note II). Same arrangement in my 981. What version of iPod are you using? Also, I use the iPods' USB cables (Apple). Have you tried disconnecting and then reconnecting?

Old 10-05-2013, 02:18 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
dock your phone via bluetooth and you will be set

Old 10-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
By the way, congrats!

Old 10-05-2013, 02:45 PM
I was using the 160Gb Ipod Classic via the Apple USB cable and then tried my Iphone 4S and neither worked. Both said "connected" on the screen. I disconnected and still nothing. I just can't figure it out.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:47 PM
I can try the bluetooth option, but isn't the USB way supposed to work?? I have over 15,000 songs on my ipod that I would like to be able to use and my ipod doesn't have bluetooth.

Thanks for the congrats! I am enjoying it thus far.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I have no Bluetooth on my ipod either and it works fine. Plug it in in the center console bring up input screen push ipod and it plays.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:59 AM
MrPrice, when you refer to input screen do you mean the "source" button because if you do then the only buttons available on mine are am, fm, disc, and sat. That's when I plug it in using the apple usb cord and plug it into the usb slot into the middle console.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:05 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I suggest checking what options the car has since this should be a plug and play thing. It is possible the car does not have the option needed and since the previous owner used a bluetooth connection it seems likely.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Okay thanks for the info. Hopefully mine does have it and I am just missing something. I would think audio wise since it has Burmester that they wouldn't have left ipod integration out. Who know??

Old 10-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
The Ipod classic won't work with the PCM.

You will have to get a newer version of the IPOD.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Fkim011, I tried hooking my iPhone 4S up as well and that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Old 10-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Maybe the sources are "hidden."

I know in my previous GTS and Panamera I could "hide" the sources I didn't want to see. Make sure that you have selected "show all sources."

Old 10-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Okay...I will research how to "show all sources." Maybe that's in the manual??

Old 10-07-2013, 06:30 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Using Bluetooth to listen to music through your Burmester is equivalent to listening to a pocket radio. The BT format was designed for voice transmission and the sound is too compressed for music listening. Using the USB port is the way to go and even album art is displayed.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rookie Question