Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTT needs a tow truck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 04:37 PM
SoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to behold
PTT needs a tow truck

Driving into work this morning, coolant level is low warning comes on then engine temp warning. Pull off the 405 and then smoke from the hood

Got a flat bed to pick her up and brought it to the BH Porsche dealership. I'm thinking the coolant hose or radiator. A lot of fluids leaking underneath. Anyone else have this issue before? It's a 2011 PTT with 23K miles on it.

My loaner is a 2012 Panamera V6. Pretty peppy for a V6, actually very surprised.

Not sure when I'm getting the car back.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tow.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	560.5 KB
ID:	291319  
Old 10-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Gabbypig is on a distinguished road
Very Common Problem

Had the same issue on our Panny. There is an aluminum pipe that is GLUED into the water pump housing. The glue breaks loose, the pipe pops out and you lose all your coolant.

THere are several other threads on this board with the same problem. Porsche knows this is a problem but they are tring to keep it quiet.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:01 PM
donfenn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gabbypig
Had the same issue on our Panny. There is an aluminum pipe that is GLUED into the water pump housing. The glue breaks loose, the pipe pops out and you lose all your coolant.

THere are several other threads on this board with the same problem. Porsche knows this is a problem but they are tring to keep it quiet.
Yes... Same thing happened to my 2011 S

Old 10-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
Bummer ��

Old 10-19-2013, 11:02 PM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
sorry for your situation. Unfortunately I suffered something similar on my 2010 P4s when one of the belts snapped and also took my steering out. Was less than half a mile from home when I lost power and just as I turned into our development, less than 100 yards from my home, the engine overheat light and a few other red lights came on. Had to get it flatbedded. About a year later one of the steering hoses reportedly broke off and I lost all my steering fluid. Still love the car though. Hang in there, it shall be well. When you get out of the V6, you shall revel your turbo even more...

Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 AM
SoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to behold
Gabbypig, you are correct. It's exactly what you said. Can't believe porsche is not doing a recall on this. Wonder if this problem is the same for the Cayenne S. I'm assuming yes since it uses the same 4.8L V8. Should get the car back today. Getting new rotors and brake pads while it's there as well. Thanks everyone for the responses.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:33 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
What is the fix? More glue? Or traditional clamp?

Old 10-21-2013, 07:57 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Same thing on my 2011 PTT - water pump

Old 10-21-2013, 09:54 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SoCalPamTurbo
Gabbypig, you are correct. It's exactly what you said. Can't believe porsche is not doing a recall on this. Wonder if this problem is the same for the Cayenne S. I'm assuming yes since it uses the same 4.8L V8. Should get the car back today. Getting new rotors and brake pads while it's there as well. Thanks everyone for the responses.
While I was at the dealer for an oil change, the campaign showed up and SA told me to leave it an extra day to take care of the radiator fix.

When I got it back, the car smelled like antifreeze for like a week, just a heads up.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:46 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
While I was at the dealer for an oil change, the campaign showed up and SA told me to leave it an extra day to take care of the radiator fix.

When I got it back, the car smelled like antifreeze for like a week, just a heads up.
Do you have the workshop manual number for the repair? My PTT is due for it's 20k in 1500 miles and I would like to get it done as well. Thanks!

Old 10-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Got her back

Fixed the water pump, horn was broken as well, and part of the driver side trim was coming off so they replaced that as well. New rotors and brake pads where done while at the shop. Shiny They also gave me a small gift as a "Sorry for your troubles". Nice touch by BH Porsche. Paperwork coming in the mail, once I get it, I'll post the work #.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	401.5 KB
ID:	292073   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	292074