Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supersprint downpipes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 12:37 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by negb
Do you know how difficult was to install these downpipes? I mean access wise, turbos had to be removed or something else?
It's not terrible until you get to the passenger side. You will have to remove the front wheels and if you have PDDC, getting the active front sway bar reinstalled afterwards will take some finesse.

Some turbo studs will most likely break especially if they've been touched before. With the right tools it gets done it just takes a while. I would NEVER attempt this job without a lift.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:40 PM
negb is on a distinguished road
Proper tools and workshop with lift is availible , jus trying to figure out what material I will have to replace, and !! didn't think about turbo studs at all ...
and yes, car is with PDDC...
THANKS FOR ADVICES

Old 08-29-2018, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
It's not terrible until you get to the passenger side. You will have to remove the front wheels and if you have PDDC, getting the active front sway bar reinstalled afterwards will take some finesse. Some turbo studs will most likely break especially if they've been touched before. With the right tools it gets done it just takes a while. I would NEVER attempt this job without a lift.
So, everything went Ok, just took around 12 hours, of course on the lift, second time would take twice less, I hope.. Studs didn't break, but they are standard size/thread so wouldn't a problem to order them at any car parts shop, and wasn't needed to disconnect active front sway bar, just to lower...

What I didn't like that was no included into kit - turbo/downpipes gaskets and clamps for downpipes/exhaust, I'm saying that because when I ordered downpipes kit I was told that everything will be....

Old 08-29-2018, 04:16 PM
one question to who has catless downpipes, about smell of petrol, did you notice that after removing catalyst converters ?

Old 08-30-2018, 09:13 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
where are you that you can go catless on a 2012 vehicle? i think i'll have to opt for the 200-cells to get through emissions. i'd love to hear the turbo whine without the cats!

Old 08-31-2018, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I went with Fabspeed, excellent quality and price (I have nothing to do with Fabspeed)
I kept the 200 cell cats, deleted the resonator and added the X pipe and kept stock muffler

WAY better sound, and performance, do it if ya can, also no CEL with the 200 cell cats.
Originally Posted by NelsonF
+1, I went this route as well. It's a proven setup and highly recommended.
Thanks for the kudos!

Originally Posted by SoCalPamTurbo
Tom - I believe you installed this...Panamera Turbo/S/4S/V6 X-Pipe Resonator Bypass Pipe $1,495 - https://www.fabspeed.com/panamera.html

How much should I expect to pay for the install...and how long do you think it should take?

Thanks in advance.
We usually quote 2 hours (for the Resonator Bypass X-Pipe)- our shop reference is $125/hour for reference. Pretty straightforward job.

To anyone else interested in HJS 200 Cell Sport Cat or Catbypass Downpipes, we're running 10% off for Labor Day.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and check out our full 970 TT product line:

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche/pan...turbo-turbo-s/

Old 09-04-2018, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by C4Sbeebe
where are you that you can go catless on a 2012 vehicle? i think i'll have to opt for the 200-cells to get through emissions. i'd love to hear the turbo whine without the cats!
officially I can't go catless, ofcourse.... but there is always the way when you really want it
i need to find time to play/mount my Go-Pro to make some videos.
But it is very loud, abnormally loud when valves are open.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:30 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by negb
officially I can't go catless, ofcourse.... but there is always the way when you really want it
i need to find time to play/mount my Go-Pro to make some videos.
But it is very loud, abnormally loud when valves are open.
man, i'd love to hear that in person!!
i need to swap out for 200 cells.

Old 09-08-2020, 09:21 AM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.