Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Newbie in need of help/advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:42 AM
ikeibe28 is on a distinguished road
Panamera Newbie in need of help/advice

I've been reading up on this forum for a while and its members have great feedback and i'm need of some guidance. I'm making a move from my S550 which I have owned for a couple of years to a Panamera because that is the most beautiful car I have seen to date.

I have found a couple of 2010s and 2011s on the market but my question is, would you buy a Panamera S if its reported as having slight damage via frontal impact to the car a while back (like 2 years ago) but it has all the options i'm looking for and at a decent price too.

What would the seasoned Panamera owners advice? Should I go ahead with the purchase and get an extended warranty? Or avoid that car like the plague and look for something else?

Old 11-19-2013, 09:47 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ikeibe28
I've been reading up on this forum for a while and its members have great feedback and i'm need of some guidance. I'm making a move from my S550 which I have owned for a couple of years to a Panamera because that is the most beautiful car I have seen to date.

I have found a couple of 2010s and 2011s on the market but my question is, would you buy a Panamera S if its reported as having slight damage via frontal impact to the car a while back (like 2 years ago) but it has all the options i'm looking for and at a decent price too.

What would the seasoned Panamera owners advice? Should I go ahead with the purchase and get an extended warranty? Or avoid that car like the plague and look for something else?
I personally wouldnt, there are plenty out there to choose from

welcome and good luck!

Old 11-19-2013, 09:53 AM
I agree with you Tom but the big draw to this vehicle is the Burmester Sound system it has. and this option is very rare from what i've seen so far.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:27 AM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
I personally would stay away from a damage car. Did you try searching out of your state?

Old 11-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Yes I did search out of state and found a lot of good well equipped cars but all with the Bose Sound System. I think I will end of settling with a nicely equipped Panamera with Bose audio. It does sound pretty good and miles away from the horrible Harman Kardon sound system in my S550. But I will always wonder what that Burmester sound would have been like.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
As other have said, I would stay away from a damaged car. I personally would opt for an extended warranty, also make sure you get a PPI. Good luck in your search and let us know what you end up getting

Old 11-19-2013, 12:55 PM
inbyten is on a distinguished road
I'd wait for the right car to come along. It took me 4 months to find the right combinations of options. The Burmester is fantastic, by the way. I'd wait to find a car equipped with it if you at all like listening to music.

What made you decide to switch from the S550? Was it purely the look of the car? I've considered making the reverse switch and adding a 911 or Cayman for a fun car. The Panny is a nice blend of comfort and sportiness, but it's not nearly as fun as the Cayman S I used to own. And it's not as comfortable as an S550 in my opinion.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:30 PM
I love the S550 and its quick frankly the best car in the world in my opinion. There is absolutely nothing to hate about an S class and I've had fully loaded sport for almost 4 years and enjoyed every bit of it. But that car is everywhere and I mean everywhere which drives me crazy and takes away any unique appeal it has.

The Panamera is the only other vehicle I would consider owning outside an S Class. The biggest appeal to me is its looks. Its truly a work of art, a rare sight on the road and drives like its nailed to the road. I have no interest in Audi, Beemer or Lexus.

It will be interesting to see what the next generation Panamera looks like. But to be honest I will be picking up the new S Class Coupe in a few years except Porsche wows me again. No more S550 sedans for me ever again.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:36 PM
DNICE357 is on a distinguished road
Panny 2010 S

I kept searching for my 2010 S because I wanted to have exactly what I wanted, black on black, rear seat entertainment system, and heated and cooled seats front and back. I found it eventually, only 30 miles from my home. I am audiophile and I can say that the Bose sytem is nice, not the best, but nice. Works for me at this point in my life. Granted, in my younger days I spent thousands on excellent audio systems, and competed, so I know what a good system should sound like. I would wait to find exactly what you want, but if it comes down to the Bose system you will be fine with it, especially after you drive the Panny!!

Old 11-19-2013, 07:38 PM
DNICE357 is on a distinguished road
S550

..and I agree with you about the S550. I was going to purchase the S550 before getting my Panny, but like you said they were everywhere. Also, the Panny drives better IMO, as a sports/family sedan.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Superaudiofreak is on a distinguished road
I went from a Cayenne turbo with Bose to the Panamera Turbo with the Burmester sound and it's worth the wait and took me about 6 months to find and mine is Porsche Certified.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:54 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
Depends what you mean by "slight damage". I'll bet it's more than slight and could be problematic in the future. I left my S 600 for a P4s and have no regrets. It's more enjoyable to drive and you'll love it. Lots of Turbos have the Burmester sound system. Or alternatively, blow the budget and order exactly what you want. Keep the car for a long long time.
good luck.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:24 PM
TAZ40JAHRE is on a distinguished road
Unless you absolutely need a different car now, WAIT! The right one is out there for you. With the 2014 Pannys now out certainly there are people switching out of their 2010 and 2011 cars and more will show up. Open up your search to a wider radius. Wait and get the options you really want - don't settle for less than your "must have options". Like one of the previous posters said, I, too, took several months to find the right one for me, and I'm thrilled that I waited. Burmester was one of those options. Man, it's fantastic. Good luck!

Old 11-22-2013, 07:44 PM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
Burmester is worth the wait.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:18 PM
3577928 is on a distinguished road
Burmester is definitely worth the wait, absolutely the best car audio system available on the market. Panamera has also got perfect noise insulation. I am not an audiophile, but I am literally rediscovering music every time I am driving my car. The fact that in the new S class Mercedes switched to Burmester speaks volumes.

But, the fact that its a 2010 car is a huge drawback in my view. I have had so many major and minor problems with my 2009 from the very start. I even had the transmission replaced within the fist 2 months and just 1.5k mileage. So I strongly recommend to look for at least a 2011 or even 2012 car. Also, extended warranty on a damaged car may be an issue (not sure how it works in the US, but in here in Europe they can easily refuse to extend the warranty if the car has been into a significant road accident)

Originally Posted by ikeibe28