Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loving my Panamera S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 01:21 PM
ikeibe28 is on a distinguished road
Loving my Panamera S

So I have had my Pana S for over a month and I must say “wow”. This vehicle is insane, the power is unbelievable and just a joy to drive. I find myself making unnecessary trips just to get into it. The sport exhaust note is amazing and whoever said a Panamera is ugly has no idea what they are talking about. I can stare at this vehicle all day. I can only imagine what it feels like owning a Turbo or GTS.

With that said, I still think Mercedes makes the best cars in the world. I test drove the 2014 S550 last weekend and my goodness, that vehicle is designed to be more comfortable than your home and looks even more prestigious. It feels like its gliding on the road and being a techy, it has gadgets for days. Coming from an 08 S550, I didn’t think any improvements could be made to the seats but men was I wrong. I definitely will be getting an S Class coupe in about 2-3 years except Porsche does something incredible.

The Panamera though an incredible car has some improvements to be made.
1. An example is the trunk open/close function, what’s up with that? The same button that opens your trunk from the driver seat should close it as well but nope, I have to get out and close it myself. I guess the exercise is good.

2. The PCM is not very user friendly and you find yourself going through multiple screens just to execute a simple function

3. Why is it so complicated to get the Nav voice lowered? Just ridiculous

4. Why can’t my mirrors fold in upon hitting the lock button on my key? I asked the dealer and he said it’s a manual process. Rolling my eyes on that one.

5. The car sometimes makes a funny sound when it descends, don’t know why. And on rare occasions jerks. Definitely not as smooth as the S class or even the S63.

6. Already had to top my oil after a month of use and was quoted $360. Just crazy. I changed the oil and filter on my S550 for years for $80 - $90.

But even with all this, I still love my Porsche and can’t get enough of it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (49).JPG
Views:	83
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	321656   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (50).JPG
Views:	86
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	321657  
Old 01-15-2014, 01:28 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
[QUOTE=ikeibe28;4024691]So I have had my Pana S for over a month and I must say “wow”. This vehicle is insane, the power is unbelievable and just a joy to drive. I find myself making unnecessary trips just to get into it. The sport exhaust note is amazing and whoever said a Panamera is ugly has no idea what they are talking about. I can stare at this vehicle all day. I can only imagine what it feels like owning a Turbo or GTS.

Congrats man....as a GTS owner, I can only say.....DAMN! My GTS is hands down the best car I have ever owned. Enjoy it, and welcome to the club. Truth be told, they are all damn great choices of cars, and we are all lucky enough to have one.

As for the S class, ironically, my wife drives a '10 S550 as her DD. I think its an awesome, awesome car, and can only imagine that the new '14 one is just incredible.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:12 PM
wassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of lightwassy is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats on your S! I have many of the same sentiments as you. When I had my '10, the technology at that time was in par give or take with other comparable: i.e. BMW, Mercedes, Audi. 3-4 years later and they haven't rally kept up in the technology area. I guess they are more focused on the machine aspect! I'm surprised the '14's didn't take at least a moderate upgrade in the tech field. My '14 loaner is identical to my '13.

At any rate, enjoy it and drive safely. It's a great car. Sometimes that speedo just keeps going and going!

Old 01-15-2014, 08:43 PM
tanman will become famous soon enough
My wife went from the Mercedes S class to a Panamera S as her DD recently. She considered the new S class but decided it was time for a change. I have to say that the 2014 S class is technlogically ahead of all its competition. The info system is outstanding and can be customized to one's personal favorite function for each of the buttons. Amazing car indeed, just a comfortable cruiser that lacks that naughtiness I like to say. The Queen of the house does drive a Quattroporte GTS on the weekend, and in my opinion is still the most thrilling 4 door around. The sounds that car makes with the Larini exhaust is better than any other saloon in the world.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:07 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I also had a 08 S class before I bought the Panamera and after owning 40 Porsche's I have learned a few things. They build cars for the driving experience first and the other stuff (like tech) is secondary. They are always behind the curve when it come to the stuff that does not enhance the feel of the car from behind the wheel and it's performance. I have gotten used to the quirks over the last 35 years but it will never be a Benz, and they always perform best when pushed. Keep in mind the PDK is not an automatic and it is not perfect when driven at an easy pace. I too have driven the new S class and it is an amazing car(tech wise) but very disconnected I felt like it was driving me rather than me driving it. The coupe though is hard to resist can't wait to see it in person.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:51 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tanman
My wife went from the Mercedes S class to a Panamera S as her DD recently. She considered the new S class but decided it was time for a change. I have to say that the 2014 S class is technlogically ahead of all its competition. The info system is outstanding and can be customized to one's personal favorite function for each of the buttons. Amazing car indeed, just a comfortable cruiser that lacks that naughtiness I like to say. The Queen of the house does drive a Quattroporte GTS on the weekend, and in my opinion is still the most thrilling 4 door around. The sounds that car makes with the Larini exhaust is better than any other saloon in the world.
The exhaust note may be sublime, but the exterior styling of that car is lacking IMHO....especially the rear of that car. It looks like a Toyota Avalon. If they ever get their act together on aesthetics, I would seriously consider the car. Until then, however, Panny GTS all the way!

Old 01-18-2014, 04:19 AM
echristie is on a distinguished road
got my '14 panamera S in December, just turned 2000 miles. she is awesome! Thought it may be less fun than my E55, I was wrong!