Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My PDK/clutch is slipping any ideas why?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 06:42 AM
iglambo is on a distinguished road
My PDK/clutch is slipping any ideas why?

My gearbox slips in the mid range RPM. And when i kick-down it hesitate before it start accelerating. Anyone with such a problem on a Panamera Turbo?

Old 01-18-2014, 07:09 AM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by iglambo
My gearbox slips in the mid range RPM. And when i kick-down it hesitate before it start accelerating. Anyone with such a problem on a Panamera Turbo?
If I'm not mistaken your car has some powerful mods.
The PDK is the weakest link in these cars, I think past 700HP and the slipping will follow.
You might be at the limit for what the PDK can handle, have you contacted your tuner?

Last edited by MIA997TTBeast; 01-18-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
If I'm not mistaken your car has some powerful mods. The PDK is the weakest link in these cars, I think past 700HP and the slipping will follow. You might be at the limit for what the PDK can handle, have you contact your tuner?
I will contact them on monday... But i think torque is the bigger problem then the HP... And BTW i had issue with the hesitation when gear change even before the mods...

Last edited by iglambo; 01-18-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:05 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that the large amount of TQ is probably more of an issue than the HP. I wonder how much they can do in the software to potentially compensate for your issue. In older automatic transmissions, they could increase line pressure. However, not sure if that is an option in how the PDK works. It is probably worth asking. Let us know what your tuner says...

Old 01-19-2014, 01:31 AM
I don't know if this error might be connected but i have it appear from time to time even when the car was completely stock...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2328152879.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	322896  
Old 01-19-2014, 02:24 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if this error might be connected but i have it appear from time to time even when the car was completely stock...
I doubt that the differential lock would affect the transmission. If you are having PDK issues, why not take it into the P-dealer and have them give you a clean bill of health on your transmission?

Old 01-19-2014, 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
I doubt that the differential lock would affect the transmission. If you are having PDK issues, why not take it into the P-dealer and have them give you a clean bill of health on your transmission?
I have an appointment on Monday, so will see if something's come up...

Old 01-22-2014, 11:14 AM
J.Seven is on a distinguished road
I have an appointment on Monday, so will see if something's come up...
Any update on this issue?

Old 01-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by J.Seven
Any update on this issue?
It comes out that my rear differential lock control unit is faulty. It is ordered and after i change it we will see...

Old 01-23-2014, 01:51 AM
It comes out that my rear differential lock control unit is faulty. It is ordered and after i change it we will see...
Hopefully, that is the issue. What is the ETA on getting it replaced?

Old 01-23-2014, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Hopefully, that is the issue. What is the ETA on getting it replaced?
On Friday it should be up and running...

Old 01-23-2014, 02:35 AM
On Friday it should be up and running...
Great news! So I guess you will know by the weekend if it solves your hesitation issue. Fingers-crossed.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
So wow did you resolve this ?

Old 02-25-2014, 12:57 PM
The maximum torque the PDK can handle is approximately 900NM safe. So i limited the torque to this number and now it's ok.

Old 02-25-2014, 01:45 PM
The maximum torque the PDK can handle is approximately 900NM safe. So i limited the torque to this number and now it's ok.
Interesting.. Glad that you were able to get this resolved. 900NM is around 650-665 ft lbs of torque, so you did not have to dial it back much.

Just curious, where did you get the referenced 900NM number from?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My PDK/clutch is slipping any ideas why?