Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted: OEM Spyder, SportDesign, or Turbo II Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 12:08 PM
ATLHoosier is on a distinguished road
Wanted: OEM Spyder, SportDesign, or Turbo II Wheels

Hi, everyone. New to the forum...first post! I just purchased a CPO 2011 base GT Silver Panamera (blurry cell phone pic below). Love the car, but unfortunately I'm not in love with the 18" 5-spoke factory wheel and would like to swap them out for some larger Spyder, SportDesign, or Turbo II wheels. I would like to stick with the factory wheels and am most likely not interested in aftermarket wheels.

I am in the Atlanta area and I know there are a lot of Panamera owners around here on this forum. If anyone is looking to sell (or trade) their wheels, please reply or send me an e-mail. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0119.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	331580  
Old 02-10-2014, 02:38 PM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
Those are great wheels to use for winter tires. I know you guys down south are getting some snow.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:09 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
WELCOME to the forum.

Congrats on your car, we have the same color. I Just bought mine 3 weeks ago used CPO 4S with 19"s wish it came with the turbo II wheels as well.

I believe if you look at our vendor classifieds I thought I saw some selling OE wheels and NOT replicas.

Old 02-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestion re: the classified forum, I will check it out.

In reply to the previous poster, yes, we are having quite the winter weather here in ATL. We are currently bracing for a redux of Snow Jam 2014 tonight and tomorrow. Many schools have already canceled for both Tuesday and Wednesday. I am originally from Indiana, but have been here for 10 years. Nevertheless, the insanity caused by 1-2" of snow and/or ice down here still amazes me.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:06 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
Old 02-11-2014, 07:22 AM
cvprez will become famous soon enough
Have you tried ebay - there are quite a few people trying to dump oem sets after upgrading to aftermarket wheels

Old 02-11-2014, 08:06 AM
toughluck is on a distinguished road
Good to see another member in Atlanta. There are definitely a lot of panameras in this city. We should meet sometime.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:01 AM
That would be great. This is my first Porsche, so I'm new to the brand. Did you buy your Panamera at Jim Ellis or Hennessy here?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Angry

Yes, I've been scouring ebay for sure. There are a lot of possibilities there that I'm considering. However, it would be great to do a local transaction and save on shipping, which can be expensive. There was a guy on Craigslist that had some 20" SportDesigns in Peachtree City but somebody else barely beat me to them.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:03 PM
toughluck is on a distinguished road
I had a much more enjoyable experience at Hennessy. With patience, I eventually found some Turbo II take-offs from Butler tire. Customize an ebay search for seller butler tire and check ebay often!

Old 02-11-2014, 11:35 PM
LAAlpina is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ATLHoosier
Hi, everyone. New to the forum...first post! I just purchased a CPO 2011 base GT Silver Panamera (blurry cell phone pic below). Love the car, but unfortunately I'm not in love with the 18" 5-spoke factory wheel and would like to swap them out for some larger Spyder, SportDesign, or Turbo II wheels. I would like to stick with the factory wheels and am most likely not interested in aftermarket wheels.

I am in the Atlanta area and I know there are a lot of Panamera owners around here on this forum. If anyone is looking to sell (or trade) their wheels, please reply or send me an e-mail. Thanks!
Hi ATLHoosier

I have my 20" Spyder wheels and tires still available. Here's the link to the classified post:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...els-tires.html

Thanks

Old 02-13-2014, 03:31 PM
BSmithing is on a distinguished road
I am selling a Set of Sport Design wheels with Michelin tires off my 12 Turbo S. I am located in SLC, UT. If you are interested i can email you some photos. Getting ready to post in Classified section.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:18 AM
BSmithing, yes I would be interested in those. I looked in Classifieds but didn't see your listing. Can you send me some pics? Sorry, I can't PM you due to low post count. Thanks!

Old 02-14-2014, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by LAAlpina
Hi ATLHoosier

I have my 20" Spyder wheels and tires still available. Here's the link to the classified post:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...els-tires.html

Thanks

LAAlpina, thanks for the reply. That's a little more than I'm looking to spend, but I'll keep you on the list. If you have some room on the price, let me know.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by BSmithing
I am selling a Set of Sport Design wheels with Michelin tires off my 12 Turbo S. I am located in SLC, UT. If you are interested i can email you some photos. Getting ready to post in Classified section.
BSmithing, yes I would be interested in those. I looked in Classifieds but didn't see your listing. Can you send me some pics? Sorry, I can't PM you due to low post count. Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wanted: OEM Spyder, SportDesign, or Turbo II Wheels