Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for $100K what to expect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 01:43 PM
timelinex will become famous soon enough
To give you another data point, in the last half a year, I paid around what your willing to pay and I got a 2010 ptt with all options other than adaptive cruise, lane assist and ceramic brakes. Mine had 4500 miles and extended 3 yr warranty though.

Don't forget that miles are VERY important in price. A lot of people on the forums try to say its not a big deal, but it is. After the first 2 year major price drop from the 'age' alone, miles are probably more important for price than year.

Every 10k miles is about a years worth of driving and the prices reflect that. In two years when I have 25k on my car, you better believe I will have an easier time selling it for a better price than the PTT that someone bought at 45k (to save 5k-7k) and is now at 65k. High performance vehicles lose a big part of their base of buyers when they are above 50k miles and out of warranty because of age.

Don't be discouraged by the people on here that claim you should find newer car with all the options and pay 80k, or that that's what their friends paid. A lot of talk going around, but at the end of the day the cheap ones are either black on black with minimal options or high miles. Don't forget the msrp can be either 130k like those that are selling for basement low prices or 180k like mine was. That's a 50k difference right there. Obviously in the used market the difference won't be 50k, but it still is a big difference.

If you asked me to give you an idea of what I would think is reasonable to expect for 100k I would say one of the following:
1. 2010-2011 with low mileage (<10k), fully loaded, and extended warranty
2. 2012 with reasonable miles (20-40k?), fully loaded
3. 2012 with low miles but not fully loaded

Last edited by timelinex; 02-17-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:38 PM
mrrippey is on a distinguished road
@timelinex, thanks the the in-depth, definitely great perspective. That's what's I'm seeing, especially #2.

My research thus far shows that cars in the #2 range seem to be trading in (as per kbb which I know are inflated numbers) at about $100k (PTT cars only) but I'm sure no one is getting that, likely closer to $85-$90k. So when I see prices over $100k, I know I don't have to give in, just keep looking dealers can make a profit, just not ripping me....

Now I saw a nice 2012 PTTS for $120k, wonder if they'd take $105k??

Rippey

Old 02-17-2014, 03:49 PM
KICKINIT can only hope to improve
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...urbo-sale.html

Here is one of the best ones I've seen
however you're gonna have to pay to play it looks like.

Last edited by KICKINIT; 02-17-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:16 AM
timelinex will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mrrippey
@timelinex, thanks the the in-depth, definitely great perspective. That's what's I'm seeing, especially #2.

My research thus far shows that cars in the #2 range seem to be trading in (as per kbb which I know are inflated numbers) at about $100k (PTT cars only) but I'm sure no one is getting that, likely closer to $85-$90k. So when I see prices over $100k, I know I don't have to give in, just keep looking dealers can make a profit, just not ripping me....

Now I saw a nice 2012 PTTS for $120k, wonder if they'd take $105k??

Rippey
How picky are you in color?

I know I was extremely specific in my wants, so I had a hard time. If you don't care about color, there are many well optioned options out there. You can always send all of them an offer with the amount your comfortable in paying and chances are that one of them might play ball.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:06 AM
mrrippey is on a distinguished road
In regards to color, I am not too picky. I think the only one I wont buy is red as I think the car is too long to look good in red.

My dilemma more over is do I go older/cheaper which comes with more perceived risk, go newer (and pay much more), buy local or buy a car across the country... Things like this makes it a bit harder.

I found a sweet 2010 but it was in CA. Since I have a trade, that can make things messy (transport logistics, etc.). There are closer ones in nearby states (PA, NJ) and some not terribly far (GA, FL). All of this makes deciding a bit more difficult. Lets not talk about extended warranty if not CPO, another ball of wax.

My wife just wants to me to get the car already (she is dying to drive the turbo). Not very easy to just buy any old $100K car. At the end, I do not want to compromise spending this much money, this is why wifey wants me to get a new 650GC optioned how I want it but I know the 650gc in itself is a compromise. Its not a Panny in terms of driving, I can tell just looking at it.

Rippey

Old 02-18-2014, 03:39 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Ptt

I know of a nice 2011 Black PTT w/20k miles for coming up for sale fully loaded plus extras(Fabspeed exhaust goodies etc) no PCCB. Under 100k. PM for details.

Last edited by NelsonF; 02-18-2014 at 03:42 PM.