Sponsored by:

for $100K what to expect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 12:30 PM
mrrippey is on a distinguished road
for $100K what to expect

All,

So I am grateful enough to have $100k to spend on my Panny. The prices are all over the place but I also want to be realistic thus asking all of you owners how was your experience and what should I expect.

For $100K, I would like:

Car - 2011 - 2012 PTT or 2013 GTS
Options (9 buttons (5 on left of gear shift, 4 on right), climate on all four seats or at least rear heated seats, burmester). I wont spend $100K and not have most if not all of these. I guess the newer the car, maybe the more I will flex (Like I'll trade Burmester for say reclining back seats or a 2013 PTT with say 30K miles, etc)

Everything else is icing on the cake (adaptive cruise, ceramic brakes, bespoke items, etc).

I can live with only 2 buttons on right (start stop and I forget the other one that is standard).
Not so worried about color that is not too odd.

I have found 2010's optioned like this (actually quite a few) but not interested in 4 year old car for anything over 80K plus not certified.

These do not have to be certified as they should all still be under the original warranty (and thus I can get it CPO'ed or get Costco Warranty).

Thoughts? I will take my time to find the right car but I also want to be realistic. Funny how hard it is to find a 100K car (but I understand that PTT can run $200K)

Thanks all

Rippey

Old 02-10-2014, 01:34 PM
KICKINIT can only hope to improve
For 100k you should have no problem finding the perfect car. They do hold value quite well for a sedan. My friend just bought 2010 at dealer auction with 23000 miles and no warranty and it still cost close to $81,000 after the fees involved and the PTT was still missing some options.

Good Luck!

Old 02-12-2014, 02:50 PM
So I have found 3 cars within my range (I will keep my car to about 100K miles):

1. 2012 PTT which has all the options I have and is certified. Had its winshied replaced, most miles, about 20K
2. 2013 GTS which has everything I want except for Burmester but has active cruise. Had four owners, hmm. 10K miles, coolest color
3. 2013 GTS which has the least options I want but also the least amount of miles by a lot (only 4K miles)

Now I have to figure out which one to bid on knowing I will be ready to go next week.

Rippey

Old 02-12-2014, 04:00 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
Had four owners, hmm. 10K miles, coolest color
dang 4 owners in a year?? none of them liked the car of something?

Old 02-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
My dealer, Porsche of Tysons Corner, has 5 used Panameras, including 2 PTTs and a GTS each one under $100K.

Last edited by Leslierc; 02-12-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:29 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2010Panny4S
dang 4 owners in a year?? none of them liked the car of something?
Not likely. There are hundreds of reasons people buy/sell cars. When it happens to the same one, though, it does raise one's level of concern. It could just be a coincidence, maybe something is wrong with the vehicle (this may be indicated by maintenance records).

The only way to tell is to see for yourself.

What's this about a Costco warranty?

Old 02-12-2014, 08:12 PM
@Leslierc, I've seen those cars. There is one PTT there that is an option but not on my top list just yet. I'm leaning to try and get a 2012 or 2013.

@jaspergtr, the multiple owners is a red flag of course, could be nothing or something big. Still on my list but I do have better options which is good.

In regards to Costco Warranty, I read a few threads about how good it is. If I get a non CPO car, this seems to be the best bet. Can be used at dealers for repair. Costco isn't underwriting any new policies now, website says to come back in Feb so I'll check again next week. I'd rather have a CPO though.

I will know how much I will have to spend next week. Once I know that, I can begin the actual shopping. Going to do everything over email, none of the cars are actually near me.

Rippey

Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
What to expect? You can expect it'll be worth $50k in no time at all. ( not to rain on your parade or anything), but it's good to have your eyes wide open. I say f**k it, get what you like and enjoy!

Old 02-12-2014, 09:22 PM
LOL @carsob, funny but true. I'll enjoy each and every mile though.

Rippey

Old 02-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
You probably want to make sure it has Burmester...

Old 02-13-2014, 05:28 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mrrippey
@Leslierc, I've seen those cars. There is one PTT there that is an option but not on my top list just yet. I'm leaning to try and get a 2012 or 2013.

@jaspergtr, the multiple owners is a red flag of course, could be nothing or something big. Still on my list but I do have better options which is good.

In regards to Costco Warranty, I read a few threads about how good it is. If I get a non CPO car, this seems to be the best bet. Can be used at dealers for repair. Costco isn't underwriting any new policies now, website says to come back in Feb so I'll check again next week. I'd rather have a CPO though.

I will know how much I will have to spend next week. Once I know that, I can begin the actual shopping. Going to do everything over email, none of the cars are actually near me.

Rippey
I'm thinking that the GTS is a recent arrival. Ask for Pat Driscoll if you contact them. He takes excellent care of me. They are all great folks there.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:54 AM
@Leslierc, thanks for the connection. If this snow ever lets up, I can try and head out there as that is not so far from me.

@Fantasma, the Panny would have to be a very good deal for me to pass on Burmester. I do a lot of driving so I want to have fun, be comfy and have great tunes. I have Bose in my Audi TT, I'd be dammed if I spend 100k on a car and have the same audio system!!

Rippey

Old 02-13-2014, 07:52 AM
KICKINIT can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by carsnob
What to expect? You can expect it'll be worth $50k in no time at all. ( not to rain on your parade or anything), but it's good to have your eyes wide open. I say f**k it, get what you like and enjoy!
50k?
Maybe by end of the year 2017-2018 lol
any PTT with average miles won't hit that price till then would be my solid guess.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:59 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fantasma
You probably want to make sure it has Burmester...
Friend's GTS with Burmester: ..... get it.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:01 AM
desert is on a distinguished road
Smile

I just sold a 2012 Panamera Turbo S - 2800 miles - black/black, ceramic brakes, Burmester - $119,000 - MSRP 192K - Expensive used cars are hard to sell, in my opinion the Panamera is the least popular Porsche. As a buyer you are in a very small group. My advice is to lowball, big time !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: for $100K what to expect