Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera S on order - how long is wait?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Yogi784 is infamous around these parts
Panamera S on order - how long is wait?

Placed an order mid-February for a March allocation and the wait is already killing me. I've read the online owners manual cover to cover and watched every 2014 review on YouTube. Wondering what to expect for delivery time to San Francisco?

This is my first Porsche so I'm new to this waiting game, past orders were BMW and at least I could follow the ship during the ocean transport. My dealer said that Porsche does not offer this like BMW.

Here is the spec I ordered;
2014 Panamera S
Dark blue with beige interior
20" panamera sport wheels
Premium plus pkg
Sport pkg
Burmeister
Extended range tank
Ski bag

Old 03-04-2014, 10:56 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Yogi, depending on when in march your car is built, it would be sometime in May. You Client advisor should be able to tell you.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:26 PM
The online manuals are at; http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...lownermanuals/

and there is an iPad app

Old 03-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Actually, this is a more direct link to the manuals

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com

Old 03-05-2014, 02:58 AM
echristie is infamous around these parts
I purchased a 14 Panamera S in December and love it, worth the wait. Although I did not order it, it had the options that I was looking for. Saw it and drove it home!

Old 03-05-2014, 07:22 PM
FredinNY is infamous around these parts
Placed my order in October for a December build. Arrived early February. The wait was torture but well worth it. I traded up from a 2011 P4 to a 2014 P4S. The P4 was amazing but the new P4S is unbelievable! The wait is well worth it! Good luck!

Old 03-05-2014, 07:41 PM
FredinNY is infamous around these parts
Placed my order in October for a December build. Arrived early February. The wait was torture but well worth it. I traded up from a 2011 P4 to a 2014 P4S. The P4 was amazing but the new P4S is unbelievable! The wait is well worth it! Good luck!

Old 03-06-2014, 04:26 PM
halb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura abouthalb has a spectacular aura about
Guys it's definitely worth the wait. I ordered my 2014 in August 2013 and the car was built on October 9. I had planned a Euro delivery and I arrived in Leipzig on December 16. Put 900 miles on the car and turned it back in at the factory on December 20. Porsche went on Christmas holiday the next day so my car sat again until after the New Year. Finally got on a ship in Emden and stopped in Nova Scotia and Rhode Island before reaching Brunswick Ga. Two major ice events in metro Atlanta backlogged cars getting to Atlanta and my car finally arrived on Feb 25. This is only my second week with the car and I ordered it last August ! Be patient

Old 03-08-2014, 06:34 PM
donutcritic is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Yogi784
Placed an order mid-February for a March allocation and the wait is already killing me. I've read the online owners manual cover to cover and watched every 2014 review on YouTube. Wondering what to expect for delivery time to San Francisco?
I also ordered a Pana in mid-Feb with a "firm" March 18 build date. Since the date has inched closer my dealer has told me he cannot confirm the specific build date until it enters production -- unsure if that has to do with the bevy of Exclusive options I ordered. I would plan for 6-8 weeks for Porsche to sea freight the car, clear customs in LA and for it to be trucked to SF. There is an option of paying for air freight which ran $8-12K when I explored it a few years ago.