Sponsored by:

Panamera fuel filler door hinge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Neostream is on a distinguished road
Panamera fuel filler door hinge

Hello

Unfortunately there isn t a porsche service near, the closest is 120 miles away, so i try to figure out things myself
Last week i figured out that the fuel door hinge on my panamera is broken and the door became very loose, I tried to figure out how to take it from the body to fix it but couldn t find a clue , would be thankful if you can help, i think all present porsche use the same mechanism of fitting..

Thank you

Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 AM
2thDoctor is on a distinguished road
I had the same thing happen to mine. Dealership replaced it under warranty. It's a harder job than it seems. In fact, they scratched my car when trying to remove it. If the dealership is far away from you...call ahead to make sure they order the part first. It took them over 3 hours to do after making me come back b/c they didn't have the part in stock. Hope that helps. BTW I baby my car and never put pressure on the hinge at all...no clue how it broke.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Turbotod is an unknown quantity at this point
This is my first post and I'm replying to a year's old thread here, going to give it a shot anyway. Did you ever get a reply on the method or difficulty of replacing a wiggly fuel door hinge on a 2010 Panamera Turbo? I've got the same problem and would like to try and fix it myself first.
Thanks!

Old 12-13-2018, 09:06 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Level if difficulty about 3 of 10.
pm coming your way soon.
I would wait, trying to take this apart not trivial and easy to make mistake, and damage car.

Having 150k car neccesitates official service manual. Only way to do things right, and not depreciate value of your car whild doing it.

Originally Posted by Turbotod
This is my first post and I'm replying to a year's old thread here, going to give it a shot anyway. Did you ever get a reply on the method or difficulty of replacing a wiggly fuel door hinge on a 2010 Panamera Turbo? I've got the same problem and would like to try and fix it myself first.
Thanks!

Last edited by ciaka; 12-13-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:33 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Tried to pm you. You eirher cant or wont accept pms. Check your settings. Let me know when fixed.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:01 PM
...and ended up sending pm to someone else instead....lol at me.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:50 PM
pwc6t3 is on a distinguished road
I would be interested in hearing about this repair as well. Dealer wanted over 600 to do it, I said no thanks since I have custom matte paint job and would need to get the new part painted before install. Being 4 hour round trip to the dealer makes that unlikely.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:54 PM
tastefulmod is an unknown quantity at this point
I am planning on doing this this weekend. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:23 PM
I will make a DIY then.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:31 PM
stealthn is on a distinguished road
I have the same issue, sounds like a common problem.

i will let Ciaka do the right-up, but it is surprising how it’s engineered

Old 12-17-2018, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by ciaka
...and ended up sending pm to someone else instead....lol at me.
Hi Ciaka,
I checked my settings. I'm a newbie user here in every sense, never joined a forum before, but looking forward to communicating with everyone here. I just don't have all the protocalls down yet. I checked my settings and believe I'm good with PM. I did eventually see your pm to me, thanks much! I believe you may have misunderstood my dilemma. It's not the replacement of the fuel door (although I definitely learned how to do that with your DIY for door replacement-thanks), but what I was looking for was to replace/fix the wiggly fuel door hinge. On my Panamera the hinge recesses down into the body panel and out of view. So there's no way to visualize the repair. It appears to me that the rear wheel well fender shield needs to be removed first, then I'll see what's ahead. It appeared that other forum members responded to my thread, echoing the same problem. So now we're all looking to you and your DIY. And hopefully my forum manners will improve with time.Thanks for all your help Ciaka!

Old 12-18-2018, 08:49 AM
No problem. I just made DIY with the instructions. Click here to see the thread. Hope helps others in need of filler door working perfect.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:50 AM
Tell me about it. Sometimes I think these German engineers sit around empty room, nothing to do, someone says, hey, lets make a new way to install a fuel door flap, make it a really nice and long process with, say, 45 steps.
Then they spend 9 months making the solution.

Originally Posted by stealthn
I have the same issue, sounds like a common problem.

i will let Ciaka do the right-up, but it is surprising how it’s engineered

Old 12-18-2018, 07:00 PM
Thank you ciaka, we all appreciate it! You mentioned that while releasing the filler cap housing you were "destroying the piece." Does that mean you can't put the same piece back in? I'm supposing so. Thought I might be able to remove it, fix the loose pin you mentioned and reinstall, but appartently not?
Thanks! T T

Old 12-18-2018, 10:16 PM
It was actually someone else making comment from when they did it.
easy to destroy parts if using metal tools and force.
If you are careful, you can remove without damage, but it takes patience. Especially depressing releases that hold housing to body. Take your time.

Originally Posted by Turbotod
Thank you ciaka, we all appreciate it! You mentioned that while releasing the filler cap housing you were "destroying the piece." Does that mean you can't put the same piece back in? I'm supposing so. Thought I might be able to remove it, fix the loose pin you mentioned and reinstall, but appartently not?
Thanks! T T

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera fuel filler door hinge