Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Critique My 2014 Panamera GTS Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:28 PM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
Is there a lock for the center console, Mine came without one sadly.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:26 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dhh
I think this is the best looking Porsche interior available and only on the GTS. The red stitching is just fantastic.
I'm a gt silver fan.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Banned
panameraph is on a distinguished road
alcantara feels sticky, dirty and hard to maintain...

20" turbo II are so too common.. I would take 20" sport wheels or sport classic in black..

Old 04-23-2014, 05:37 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by panameraph
alcantara feels sticky, dirty and hard to maintain...

20" turbo II are so too common.. I would take 20" sport wheels or sport classic in black..

I would not get an Alcantara Steering wheel for the reasons mentioned. however, the alcantara seats are just amazing. Look awesome, stay cool, and they really help hold you in the seats.

there is a reason the 20" turbo II's are so popular...they just look amazing on this car. Especially if you are lucky enough to pair them with the red or yellow calipers!

Enjoy

Old 04-23-2014, 05:15 PM
GQsOwn is on a distinguished road
LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Premium Package Plus
- 4-Zone Climate Control
- Power steering plus
- Seat Heating (Front and Rear)
- Porsche Entry & Drive
- Lane Change Assist (LCA)
ParkAssist (Front and Rear with Surround View)
PDCC incl. PTV Plus
20" Turbo II Wheels
Steering Wheel Heating
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Multi-function Steering Wheel
Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) with Memory Package

Old 04-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by cole328
I would not get an Alcantara Steering wheel for the reasons mentioned. however, the alcantara seats are just amazing. Look awesome, stay cool, and they really help hold you in the seats.

there is a reason the 20" turbo II's are so popular...they just look amazing on this car. Especially if you are lucky enough to pair them with the red or yellow calipers!

Enjoy

this guy said he's using it as family car.. imagine how the alcantara seat will become if you spill drinks or vomit on it.. if he's not using the car for tracks.. the leather seats could hold him well already..

not really, turbo II don't look good to me at all... it's just plain common... I have never cared if something is popular or not to determine if it looks good... it looks cheap compared with sport wheels (especially in black)... and red/yellow calipers don't really add attraction to the look for me.. it just makes me feel the car pretends to be a turbo...

Enjoy

Old 04-23-2014, 10:42 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
not really, turbo II don't look good to me at all... it's just plain common... I have never cared if something is popular or not to determine if it looks good... it looks cheap compared with sport wheels (especially in black)... and red/yellow calipers don't really add attraction to the look for me.. it just makes me feel the car pretends to be a turbo...
IF you have some, I'd gladly trade my 19"s for you 20" turbo IIs

Old 04-24-2014, 12:52 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by 2010Panny4S
IF you have some, I'd gladly trade my 19"s for you 20" turbo IIs

nope... I am using black sport wheels..

Old 04-24-2014, 06:09 AM
GQsOwn is on a distinguished road
this guy said he's using it as family car.. imagine how the alcantara seat will become if you spill drinks or vomit on it.. if he's not using the car for tracks.. the leather seats could hold him well already..

Enjoy
Pretends to be a turbo shows a lack of understanding about what the GTS represents. The color of the caliper, at least for red and yellow, are tied to the breaks not the model. The GTS is the best of breeds why would it pretend to be a Turbo?

I agree with you though that popularity doesn't make something automatically better and alcantara seats doesn't make much since for a car that may have a small child in it. Although, doesn't mean not to consider it. There is a reason the Turbo II Wheels became popular and its certainly not because they are cheap looking. I don't need to try and change your opinion on which wheels look best that is not relevant. The sport wheels look nice too. But between seat guards and just simply not having your child eat in the car will preserve the seats.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light

Enjoy
You are obviously either a) new to Porsche, or b) drinking too much too early in the day. Calling the GTS a Turbo wannabe is just ludicrous.....

That said, enjoy your day...it's why Porsche has such an extensive "options" list

Old 04-24-2014, 09:49 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Go for the Burmester package - it's terrific. I would stay with the alcantara seats as you may regret it afterwards. Wife will love it and the baby seat will "stick" better. :-) Yes get the painted side skirts and rear valance.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:22 PM
xza8 is on a distinguished road
Next question:

2014 (non-built to order) 4.8L V8 vs

2015 (built to order) ? turbo (what engine are they using for 2015)?

Last edited by xza8; 04-26-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:03 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dhh
I think this is the best looking Porsche interior available and only on the GTS. The red stitching is just fantastic.

I have to agree on the interior - best of any production car I've seen. The alcantara is absolutely the way to go. Very exclusive, holds you much better than leather, and most importantly for me, it's cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. All positives, and after over 40,000 miles it still looks like new.