Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Critique My 2014 Panamera GTS Order

Old 04-19-2014, 05:01 PM
xza8 is on a distinguished road
Please Critique My 2014 Panamera GTS Order

Quick Background
- 27 y/o looking to settle down and start a family soon; not looking for a track car
- Placed an order for a P85+ but was denied a business car lease so I second guessed my decision and decided for a more luxurious car (the P85 is fast but the interior feels "meh")
- Already leasing a Cayenne Diesel so I'm familiar with the a la carte ordering process as I paid $16K in options for the Cayenne

I've narrowed it down to the Panamera GTS as I really want a luxurious V8... the exhaust note of a V8 is SO addictive. I daily drive a "V6T" S5 and I'm very disappointed how it doesn't sound like my brother's old C63 or his current M6. I don't like the M6 so I probably won't like the M5. The CLS63 AMG S is not much cheaper than the Panamera GTS and I'll probably consider the GL63 when I have a kid so I'll save the Benz for later.

Please critique my build order and let me know your suggestions.

2014 Panamera GTS
- Black Exterior
- Black Interior in Leather
- Premium Package Plus (Heated/Vented Seats, Entry & Drive, LCA, 4-Zone Climate)
- 20" Panamera Sport Wheels in Exterior Color (for those with Black exteriors... make sure you choose the cheaper version, i.e., in exterior color instead of specifically black)
- Power Sunblind for Rear Compartment & Side Windows
- Soft Close Doors
- Steering Wheel in Alcantara (too bad it can't be heated)
- Bose Surround Sound

Questions
- Should I get the side skirts painted for no charge?
- Did I accidentally choose options that downgrades the car? I know Alcantara interior is standard but the wife prefers Leather.
- A baby carrier should fit right?

Last edited by xza8; 04-19-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:26 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
The two tone stitching on the alcantara is stunning in red and black. I would get the black with red stitching.

A must is the rear camera - a must.

Yes - car seats fit. Best car seat in the world I believe is the Clek. It has a magnesium frame that attaches to the latch pints in the seat bases. You can read my post about them.

Buy them on amazon

Amazon.com : Clek Oobr Booster Car Seat, Dragonfly : Child Safety Booster Car Seats : Baby Amazon.com : Clek Oobr Booster Car Seat, Dragonfly : Child Safety Booster Car Seats : Baby

Last edited by dhh; 04-19-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:25 PM
DavidV is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dhh
The two tone stitching on the alcantara is stunning in red and black. I would get the black with red stitching.

A must is the rear camera - a must.

Yes - car seats fit. Best car seat in the world I believe is the Clek. It has a magnesium frame that attaches to the latch pints in the seat bases. You can read my post about them.

Buy them on amazon

Amazon.com : Clek Oobr Booster Car Seat, Dragonfly : Child Safety Booster Car Seats : Baby
Agree with the rear camera. Also, Bose is pretty awful. It came with my car, but I certainly wouldn't pay money for it. Can't imagine how terrible the stock stereo must be if this is the upgrade. Maybe spring for the Burmeister?

-- DavidV

Old 04-20-2014, 06:28 AM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
Don't know what its called by Porsche, but I wish I had the warning indicators for vehicles on the side lanes, the visibility in this car is disappointing. I find that a heated steering wheel is very option important in cold climates.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:08 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mziegler38
Don't know what its called by Porsche, but I wish I had the warning indicators for vehicles on the side lanes, the visibility in this car is disappointing. I find that a heated steering wheel is very option important in cold climates.

It's called Lane Change Assist...and I agree its a "must have" in this car The LCA has saved my bacon many times while driving! As for the stereo, I disagree with the prior post...the Bose system is just fantastic. Perhaps the poster needs to adjust his sound settings. Getting the Burm system in this car would be a waste of money.

Old 04-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by cole328
It's called Lane Change Assist...and I agree its a "must have" in this car The LCA has saved my bacon many times while driving! As for the stereo, I disagree with the prior post...the Bose system is just fantastic. Perhaps the poster needs to adjust his sound settings. Getting the Burm system in this car would be a waste of money.
I'd be grateful for any insight on optimizing settings on this. I've had cars that cost 1/10th the price of this one with significantly better factory audio. It really is that horrible and I'd welcome any tips on adjusting it.

--DavidV

Old 04-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by dhh

Buy them on amazon

Amazon.com : Clek Oobr Booster Car Seat, Dragonfly : Child Safety Booster Car Seats : Baby
That's a nice looking booster seat for older kids, but for infants, I'd look at Recaro:

-- DavidV

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	-font-b-Infant-b-font-boy-font-b-recaro-b-font-car-baby-safety-font.jpg
Views:	1442
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	363181  
Old 04-20-2014, 06:28 PM
RattleItHome is on a distinguished road
I have an order in as well. I went with painted side skirts on a yachting blue exterior. Said to make it look lower. I got a rear wiper and a leather fixed rear cargo divider. Also went leather interior.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:56 PM
dhh
I have had Bose in 2 Panameras and Burmeister in my 2014 and honestly I cannot tell the difference.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:34 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer the leather over the suede in the Panamera, if you are going full leather on the interior I would do the leather steering wheel at the same time. The suede in two tone especially can be overpowering.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:29 AM
saabfreak is on a distinguished road
Also have an order in for a GTS. 9 days left to make any changes. Agate grey metallic exterior with two tone carrera red/black interior. 20" 911 Turbo II wheels. Been going back and forth on the painted side skirts. Also considering deleting the side GTS emblem. Would love some opinions.

Would also love any insight on the extended interior lighting/LED extended interior lighting.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:05 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DavidV
I'd be grateful for any insight on optimizing settings on this. I've had cars that cost 1/10th the price of this one with significantly better factory audio. It really is that horrible and I'd welcome any tips on adjusting it.

--DavidV
Hmmm..I looked this morning I have fade and balance both at "center" Bass at +3 treble at +2 surround box is checked Satellite radio sounds quite good Blue tooth / IPOD plugged in sounds simple amazing

Hope that helps

Old 04-21-2014, 10:07 AM
toughluck is on a distinguished road
Dear Porsche, ... the base Honda Civic has a rear view camera. WTF!?

Old 04-21-2014, 07:02 PM
ck_pana is on a distinguished road
Don't forget that you have to order leather seats if you want Porsche Entry which I think is a must.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:59 PM
dhh
I think this is the best looking Porsche interior available and only on the GTS. The red stitching is just fantastic.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	3175
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	363658   Click image for larger version

Name:	panamera_gts_cabin_630x418.jpg
Views:	1946
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	363659  

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Please Critique My 2014 Panamera GTS Order